Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    While it is true that there are not many Jews playing pro soccer. It does seem ironic that pastora would make such a comment while playing for David Beckham when Beckham is 1/4 Jewish. Pastora must be simple.
    Considering Jews make up 0.2% of the world's population, it really is not a huge mystery why it seems there are not many Jews playing pro soccer. If MLS was proportional to world population, we would expect less than 2 players to be Jewish and as my post above shows, there are at least 2.

In the US, the Jewish population is estimated to be 5.4-8.3 million, making for 1.65-2.54%. That would mean if it was proportional, we could expect 11-17 players in the MLS would be Jewish.

Obviously these numbers cannot be used with any precision. Way too many factors involved here. But overall, it does demonstrate that "not many Jews playing pro soccer" is impacted significantly by the fact that there just are not many Jews period relative to total population.

Comment

But overall, it does demonstrate that "not many Jews playing pro soccer" is impacted significantly by the fact that there just are not many Jews period relative to total population.
      And I wonder if there was any particular event that significantly reduced the world's population of Jews, close to 50% of the world's total at the time. Hmm...let me think. I'm drawing a blank. Can you think of any? And would you care to expand upon your expertise of the Jewish population? It is fascinating.

Comment

And I wonder if there was any particular event that significantly reduced the world's population of Jews, close to 50% of the world's total at the time. Hmm...let me think. I'm drawing a blank. Can you think of any? And would you care to expand upon your expertise of the Jewish population? It is fascinating.

😔😔😔😔
        We care about the kids having the leadership of a coach that will invest in developing a players.

Comment

In the 1930s, the Jewish population was around 18 million and the global population was around 2.2 billion. That means they were roughly 0.78% - nowhere close to 50% - of the global population.

Not sure why you are getting snarky with me about the Holocaust, but the caginess of your reply to me is just creepy.

Comment

In the 1930s, the Jewish population was around 18 million and the global population was around 2.2 billion. That means they were roughly 0.78% - nowhere close to 50% - of the global population.

Not sure why you are getting snarky with me about the Holocaust, but the caginess of your reply to me is just creepy.
            Reading comprehension is tough. I understand. The statement did not say 50% of the world's population. The reference was to the number of Jews in the world at that time. Very clear.

As for snarky? You're the one that made a comment about the number of Jews relative to the population. Your own numbers confirm my assertion: 0.78% to 0.20%.

Not really proper for anyone to make comments about a particular culture's participation or lack thereof, when 50% of their ancestors were murdered. Just sayin'

Comment

Reading comprehension is tough. I understand. The statement did not say 50% of the world's population. The reference was to the number of Jews in the world at that time. Very clear.

As for snarky? You're the one that made a comment about the number of Jews relative to the population. Your own numbers confirm my assertion: 0.78% to 0.20%.

Not really proper for anyone to make comments about a particular culture's participation or lack thereof, when 50% of their ancestors were murdered. Just sayin'
              Clarity in writing is tough too. "And I wonder if there was any particular event that significantly reduced the world's population of Jews, close to 50% of the world's total at the time." your ending clause could indeed be interpreted as claiming they accounted for 50% of the world population. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

Why is it improper to be realistic about my religion's representation in professional soccer? This is something all Jews know and non-Jews overlook when they crack jokes about Jews not being good athletes.

Comment

Standards are higher now that our city welcomes a new club. We need leadership.

Comment

Florida Elite would like to donate Sean Bubb to your club...free of charge.

Comment

Interesting how now they start campaigns against this forum. Because they are not able to eliminate threads like before. But they still block VPN’s and waste time covering the truth. Many great coaches in line waiting to teach out great players.

Comment

Going after the Jews might be a bridge to far for pastora. Maybe if he was not an *******e all the time people might give him the benefit of the doubt. It’s a cautionary tail. This dudes days are numbered.

Comment

He posted he added more Jewish Holidays to inter then anyone has in the past !

Comment

He posted he added more Jewish Holidays to inter then anyone has in the past !
                          Inter has NO past, is new. They are absorbing his fabulous reputation.

Comment

Ronny Rosenthal: He moved to Liverpool in 1990 for a fee of £1.1million, becoming the first non-UK player to move to an English club for more than £1million.

Yossi Shai Benayoun: He moved to the Premier League with West Ham United, and later Liverpool. In 2010, he signed for Chelsea, where he was used rarely, being loaned to Arsenal and back to West Ham, but nonetheless won the 2012–13 UEFA Europa League.

Avi Cohen: Defender. He was best known for his spells playing for two British clubs: Liverpool in England and Rangers in Scotland

Kyle Beckerman: US mens national team and Real Salt Lake

Daniel Steres: LA Galaxy

You may not be able to think of a single professional Jewish player, but these five came immediately to my mind with no effort.
                            How many MLS players are Christian, Muslim, Atheist and Hindu. Just curious.

Comment

Mmm...if only there was a way to track players' religions. What if we put a symbol on their clothing? Do you think that would help?

Comment

We only care about racists people, in particular coaches. Because they always have a hidden agenda.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X