Pulisic - former DA product scores again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanksgiving odp rosters are out ! And you da haters bashing on quality at gda?

Really?

Google the rosters , a couple of decent kids but please !

Comment

Can we agree that a majority of Florida soccer is a **** show!

Comment

ODP is a Mixed Bag

ODP is a mixed bag. Its good for your kid to participate in the trials and the training pools. Because they get to play with better players. They get to learn from each other and that improves their soccer IQ. They also get more of a challenge (like decent goal keepers).

There really isn't much training though from what we've seen so far. Just basically a lot of scrimmaging. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. But you aren't going to get very much whole team training. Not saying the coaching is bad but I don't see the coaching as much of an upgrade.

With regard to the organization there is some politics involved. Coaches their volunteer their time so the pay back is that (wink wink nod nod) a few of their kids from their clubs will always get a few of the slots on the state team. Some of the kids of course are legit.

I still think its a great experience for the kids. But they need to take it with a grain of salt. The evaluations are pretty loosely done and if you don't know someone the bar is higher to get in. Even to get into the pool as well.

I think in the US we need fewer leagues and need to use promotion and relegation. Super Teams (DA, ENCL type teams) will naturally form and they will be in the highest leagues. But right now we have way too many teams, too many leagues, etc... and the talent is so diluted. I've seen plenty of DA and even ECNL kids that are no better than your average soccer player. No lie...

Let the teams earn their stripes, let the players earn their stripes.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X