Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DA Waivers

Honestly, how do public school DA players feel when their waivered private school teammates return and push kids to the bench? I know, they chose to play DA over playing for high school but it somehow seems crappy to allow the generally wealthier private school kids have the ability to play for school, but if you go to public school no such luck.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Honestly, how do public school DA players feel when their waivered private school teammates return and push kids to the bench? I know, they chose to play DA over playing for high school but it somehow seems crappy to allow the generally wealthier private school kids have the ability to play for school, but if you go to public school no such luck.
    Lets hope playing time is earned at Practice and not how much mommy is paying off DC or doing other things that end in I-N-G to him.

Comment

‘Buyer beware’
      Hate to say it, but you don’t sign without realizing the possibilities.
      The only way to fix the issue is to end waivers.

Comment

‘Buyer beware’
        Hate to say it, but you don’t sign without realizing the possibilities.
        The only way to fix the issue is to end waivers.
        I heard that Stars didn’t give any waivers the one year they had DA.

Comment

Many of those players on the fall roster know that they will lose their PT once the waiver players come back. They go into knowing that. Some are actually on the second team and just use the Fall to play DA if they are 8th graders or don’t care about HS soccer.

Comment

pay to play...

Comment

Play harder and no one will take your spot. Pretty simple.

Comment

I love when waivered kids come back only to find stiff competition for their spot and then move on to GPS or NEFC after the spring season. It makes DA parents smile on the inside. It’s usually the ISL players that bring the lowest work rate to practice. The dedicated players generally ferret out the unmotivated and the situation either corrects itself or the player in question self-selects themself for removal.

Comment

self-selects themself for removal.
                  Is that what you call it when best players leave?

Comment

I love when waivered kids come back only to find stiff competition for their spot and then move on to GPS or NEFC after the spring season. It makes DA parents smile on the inside. It’s usually the ISL players that bring the lowest work rate to practice. The dedicated players generally ferret out the unmotivated and the situation either corrects itself or the player in question self-selects themself for removal.
                    This is not true. I’ve seen the reverse for the most part. Waivered players come in and take over regardless of how fall players were. They are already the favorites ( or they wouldn’t have gotten a waiver).

Comment

My bad, i think you referring to boys given reference to NEFC and GPS.
                      Above may be true, i wouldn’t know, no one cares about boys.

Comment

I heard that Stars didn’t give any waivers the one year they had DA.
                        Better clubs and MLS generally won't give waivers, official (USSF approved for private school players) or especially unofficial (the club doesn't put them in a DA roster until the players finish high school soccer). Problem is with so many clubs and a limited and diluted talent pool, many clubs have to make accommodations to get players they want. DA rules also require 25% starts no matter when you come on board. Returning players have to get their starts in. I've no doubt clubs would rather not give any waivers - it messes with their rosters, makes teams weaker in the fall, creates tension when players return - but they don't have many choices but to take paying customers

Comment

Above may be true, i wouldn’t know, no one cares about boys.
                          Except the payroll department at US Soccer because they know women still play girls soccer.

Comment

Is that what you call it when best players leave?
                            Maybe best in their daddy’s mind. ISL players come in underprepared for the pace of play and intensity.

Comment

Better clubs and MLS generally won't give waivers, official (USSF approved for private school players) or especially unofficial (the club doesn't put them in a DA roster until the players finish high school soccer). Problem is with so many clubs and a limited and diluted talent pool, many clubs have to make accommodations to get players they want. DA rules also require 25% starts no matter when you come on board. Returning players have to get their starts in. I've no doubt clubs would rather not give any waivers - it messes with their rosters, makes teams weaker in the fall, creates tension when players return - but they don't have many choices but to take paying customers
                              I’ve always said that the DA is too flawed to work (can only speak to our area of the country). My kid goes to a good public school (with a good soccer program). Is the HS soccer ideal? No, but I’ve also watched a few sub-par Private school match-ups as well. So, what it comes down to is a legitimate slap in the face to any public school student who sees similar or less talented players getting waivers for DA. Before anyone tries explaining the “why’s” of how private school need these kids to play and it’s about money and opportunities for the players, etc. Trust me, I get it. I’m simply saying that any good public school players who commits to DA for Fall, but then finds himself with a less than decent team in the fall, or teams struggling to get a team together even due to other commitments, etc... those players should really re-think what they are doing. It’s insanity. My kid would never play DA for that reason alone.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X