Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indoor Soccer

Coming from the Worcester area. Have multiple options of places to play. Bancroft, The Hab, Forekicks, Teamworks. Any suggestions?

boy girl? age? have you asked his/her coach? most teams provide an indoor option in the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Coming from the Worcester area. Have multiple options of places to play. Bancroft, The Hab, Forekicks, Teamworks. Any suggestions?
      Go futsal, forget indoor. They learn nothing from playing indoor and would learn a ton from futsal.

Comment

Go futsal, forget indoor. They learn nothing from playing indoor and would learn a ton from futsal.
        Depending on age, I agree.

Comment

Futsal is great, if you want to line the pockets of Forekicks owners. Forekicks offer futsal so they can maximize use of their basketball courts. Its also great for GKs to trash their bodies over an 8 week period.

Comment

Futsal is great, if you want to line the pockets of Forekicks owners. Forekicks offer futsal so they can maximize use of their basketball courts. Its also great for GKs to trash their bodies over an 8 week period.
            Simpleton.

Comment

Its also the best way to teach kids foot skills, dynamic ball movement, ball confidence. There is a reason why international players have better foot skills then we do. Want to take a guess why? International kids will train solely in futsal before they even get out on a soccer field. Want to take a guess why? Your response is sad.

Comment

There are several true futsal clubs in MA that offer quality training and teams in the winter. If you're in worcester, it might be a bit far, but FC Flair out of Framingham is awesome (I believe they are starting to run some programs out of Northboro as well).

Comment

There are several true futsal clubs in MA that offer quality training and teams in the winter. If you're in worcester, it might be a bit far, but FC Flair out of Framingham is awesome (I believe they are starting to run some programs out of Northboro as well).
                  Futsal is great up until 14 years old. after that you are better off training just soccer. Unless of course, being a professional futsal player is your desire.

Comment

Futsal is great up until 14 years old. after that you are better off training just soccer. Unless of course, being a professional futsal player is your desire.
                    Agree, which is why I was curious on the age from the OP.

I think it's a vital tool and should be mandatory until around that age. Then it should be phased out.

Comment

Its also the best way to teach kids foot skills, dynamic ball movement, ball confidence. There is a reason why international players have better foot skills then we do. Want to take a guess why? International kids will train solely in futsal before they even get out on a soccer field. Want to take a guess why? Your response is sad.
                      What nonsense! The only international players who train solely in Futsal are pro Futsal players. Most internationals have never played it. Soccer isn’t the same as Futsal and players risk a higher rate of injury on most indoor surfaces. Futsal is a way for club coaches to make money year round here. That’s about all it’s good for for soccer players.

Comment

What nonsense! The only international players who train solely in Futsal are pro Futsal players. Most internationals have never played it. Soccer isn’t the same as Futsal and players risk a higher rate of injury on most indoor surfaces. Futsal is a way for club coaches to make money year round here. That’s about all it’s good for for soccer players.
                        Assume you didn't actually read their post, did you?

He said it should be phased out unless you are a futsal player.

Every player at a high-level used it as a tool growing up. Like weightlifting, sprints, stretching...it's just a tool.

You can't replicate the footskills, and touches, and speed on an indoor surface.

It's obvious going further is akin to talking to the resurfaced brick wall which is right behind my chair, so I'll leave it at that.

Comment

You're right... It appears that futsal did nothing for Pele, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Neymar and Messi...

"Cristiano Ronaldo honed his natural ability by playing futsal. “During my childhood in Portugal, all we played was futsal," he said. "The small playing area helped me improve my close control, and whenever I played futsal I felt free. If it wasn't for futsal, I wouldn't be the player I am today.""

Comment

You're right... It appears that futsal did nothing for Pele, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Neymar and Messi...

"Cristiano Ronaldo honed his natural ability by playing futsal. “During my childhood in Portugal, all we played was futsal," he said. "The small playing area helped me improve my close control, and whenever I played futsal I felt free. If it wasn't for futsal, I wouldn't be the player I am today.""
                            They hate it because they can't yell "kick it, kick it, kick it...get it, get it, get it!!" enough. Or, play a neat little one-two off the boards, like that is a repeatable act in a real soccer game....

I do find the argument about the injuries curious....same people will encourage their players to play basketball then lose their lunch when futsal is mentioned. Oh, the horrors of a hard surface....

Comment

Simpleton.
                              Sure countries play futsal at a young age BUT many soccer power nations do not play futsal. Are you saying the reason US soccer has produced low level players is due to kids not playing futsal? Lol.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X