•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Someone making sense.

I love it.
    Funny when you do some fact gathering and reading, right?

- OP.

Comment

From page 6 of the Disciplinary Code

I. Ineligibility
      If a player takes part in an official game despite being ineligible, the team may be sanctioned by
      forfeiting the game. Additional sanctions may be imposed against the player or the club.

NY board said players have been suspended for 2 games each with suspensions noted on game records. Not clear how many games will be forfeited, but at least two teams have had one game forfeits each. Supposedly it was so widespread they had to stagger player suspensions.
      I understand what you are saying, but this reads ambiguously. It does not specify HS soccer by title. "Ineligible" could mean any number of situations. I wish US Soccer would be more detailed in their rules and consequences for breaking them.

Comment

I understand what you are saying, but this reads ambiguously. It does not specify HS soccer by title. "Ineligible" could mean any number of situations. I wish US Soccer would be more detailed in their rules and consequences for breaking them.
        If you play for your HS you are ineligible to play for DA at the same time. It's in page 11 of the rules.
        Doesn't matter if you you have an official waiver or are going about it another way.

Comment

If you play for your HS you are ineligible to play for DA at the same time. It's in page 11 of the rules.
          Doesn't matter if you you have an official waiver or are going about it another way.
          High school runs now thru mid February. No DA can have players out that long and it would not be right thing to do for some and not everyone on the DA team.

Comment

I would like to see a Weston girl say they need a waiver - LOL

Comment

I would like to see a Weston girl say they need a waiver - LOL
              No private school DA players?

Comment

High school runs now thru mid February. No DA can have players out that long and it would not be right thing to do for some and not everyone on the DA team.
                Last year this issue came up where players stopped playing DA right after the early December showcase then came back early Feb when most teams are done (later if in playoffs). DA activity is very light then so it's possible they could get away with it. However, it's either in the rules themselves or there was a DA clarification that the HS season is deemed to have started as soon as tryouts are held. So that means late October and November DA+ HS is a big no no. It's also part of a broader rule that unless you have an official private school waiver, the DA season is 10 months long and they own you. Public school kids can't be on an official roster for 3 months, leave and then come back.

Comment

The secrete is its not working..not a secrete that the clubs take 4k per player a season from the parents who fall for this scam

Comment

The secrete is its not working..not a secrete that the clubs take 4k per player a season from the parents who fall for this scam
                    It seems as if you're the sucker that fell for the scam. Nobody pays that much...hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Magic Dick View Post
                      It seems as if you're the sucker that fell for the scam. Nobody pays that much...hahaha
                      Only once they got me 😂..what a apple I was...if you piss on me don't say it's rain..

Comment

Last year this issue came up where players stopped playing DA right after the early December showcase then came back early Feb when most teams are done (later if in playoffs). DA activity is very light then so it's possible they could get away with it. However, it's either in the rules themselves or there was a DA clarification that the HS season is deemed to have started as soon as tryouts are held. So that means late October and November DA+ HS is a big no no. It's also part of a broader rule that unless you have an official private school waiver, the DA season is 10 months long and they own you. Public school kids can't be on an official roster for 3 months, leave and then come back.
                        Private school players could?

Comment

The way I see it, your high school will take you much farther in life than any soccer program, this is a way for substandard students to get into colleges that they never would have under normal admissions. Cherish your high school years and give back by playing high school sports. It’s grades that matter, not your ability to kick a ball. DA programs are designed to consume all the students time and take them away from studying and prepping for college academics. I’m sure most college soccer players graduate at the bottom of there graduating class. It’s pathetic how much time and money parents invest into soccer, I’d rather have a great student and a descent soccer player than a great player and a dumbass student anyday. Don’t be upset when your dumbass kid has to go to to a d2 school that nobody has ever heard of so they can fail in life all because they chose to waist there high school years and play DA soccer.

Comment

Private school players could?
                            Private school kids with official waivers must stop DA for their entire HS season.

Comment

Best post yet.

Comment

The way I see it, your high school will take you much farther in life than any soccer program, this is a way for substandard students to get into colleges that they never would have under normal admissions. Cherish your high school years and give back by playing high school sports. It’s grades that matter, not your ability to kick a ball. DA programs are designed to consume all the students time and take them away from studying and prepping for college academics. I’m sure most college soccer players graduate at the bottom of there graduating class. It’s pathetic how much time and money parents invest into soccer, I’d rather have a great student and a descent soccer player than a great player and a dumbass student anyday. Don’t be upset when your dumbass kid has to go to to a d2 school that nobody has ever heard of so they can fail in life all because they chose to waist there high school years and play DA soccer.
                                There's a lot of dumb jock stereotyping here....but yes grades absolutely matter much more than soccer. It can also help you with soccer. Players with good grades that are easy admits and won't struggle in college are appealing to coaches. Never let sport interfere with studying for school or prepping for SAT/ACTs. Most likely not one parent's kid on this board is going pro. If they play a few years in college, maybe get a few $ to do so, that's it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X