What did they do to get suspended...is this fake news

Coverage

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What did they do to get suspended...is this fake news
    No insurance under FYSA

Comment

Trolls

Comment

I heard the same. Should be public knowledge soon. Wait...

Comment

Weston FYSA Issue

Truth, they sent out message to us yesterday. FYSA insurance will no longer cover them due to Colombia issues. They are trying to get their own insurance now and waiting on quotes. FYSA was notified weeks ago but didn't tell WFC at all so now they are jammed up for this weekend. Not sure if they can get insurance to cover them at this point but they are trying. Rumor around the club or on our sidelines is cheapest one is one million dollars meaning each kid would have to pay 1000 extra to cover. Not sure what is going to happen. Also the big rumor on sideline is Weston Cup (FYSA) tournament will have no coverage and may be cancelled. Just parents talking but the FYSA insurance cancellation is completely true. Texts went out to calm us but not helping.

WFC Message exact words:
          WFC Members,
          "WFC just received notice of an insurance technicality which we expect to resolve quickly to remain in good standing with FYSA in advance of this weekend's full schedule of games. We will send you an update as soon as the issue is resolved."
          Weston FC

Comment

what does this insurance cover? what type of insurance is it?

Comment

Insurance

what does this insurance cover? what type of insurance is it?
              http://www.fysa.com/clubs/insurance-coverage/

Comment

Do they still have US Soccer DA insurance?
                Clearly not first claim under sexual assault

Comment

FYSA has an over encompassing liability insurance for themselves and the clubs. FYSA was told by their insurance company that they will drop FYSA if they continue to have WFC as one of their affiliated clubs. This insurance is the same for all YSA's in all of the states so it is not like they can just go get a new one. So I don't see how WFC getting their own insurance helps at all. I think Weston is lying to their families trying to put a band aid on this issue. We will see but from what leagues were told yesterday "Weston FC is done with FYSA" may be true. Just ask any league director and they will tell you this to be the truth. FYSA can no longer carry them as an affiliated club.
                  http://www.fysa.com/clubs/insurance-coverage/

Comment

Do they still have US Soccer DA insurance?
                    Clearly not first claim under sexual assault
                    DA is different and can still play for now. FYSA affiliated teams in FYSA leagues are all suspended and not allowed to play. Leagues were told all the WFC cards were pulled as of yesterday. DA's move now I guess.

Comment

DA is different and can still play for now. FYSA affiliated teams in FYSA leagues are all suspended and not allowed to play. Leagues were told all the WFC cards were pulled as of yesterday. DA's move now I guess.
                      Tournament won’t be sanctioned and when they pay out the law suit the club will be bankrupt

Comment

Tournament won’t be sanctioned and when they pay out the law suit the club will be bankrupt
                        I think you are correct, it wouldn't be a sanctioned FYSA event. Since the tourney is a huge portion of their operating funds for the year this will be a big problem. Do you think less teams will attend if it is not FYSA sanctioned? The Safesport investigation was due back by now, I wonder if this had any impact on the insurance cancellation. I could care less about WFC but boy would that be terrible if all those kids have no where to play at this point in the season. We certainly made right choice to jump ship last year but I do hate having my kids play outside our own city.

Comment

Victor Pastora should be suspended, not the insurance to the victims of this tragedy

Comment

Weston is full of pedophiles!

Comment

I think you are correct, it wouldn't be a sanctioned FYSA event. Since the tourney is a huge portion of their operating funds for the year this will be a big problem. Do you think less teams will attend if it is not FYSA sanctioned? The Safesport investigation was due back by now, I wonder if this had any impact on the insurance cancellation. I could care less about WFC but boy would that be terrible if all those kids have no where to play at this point in the season. We certainly made right choice to jump ship last year but I do hate having my kids play outside our own city.
                              They are in trouble if all of this is true and I now believe it is. The tourney is biggest money make for them and essential to covering costs of their high paid coaches. My son plays here and we figured all this would play out and be fine since he is on a younger team and not traveling like the academy teams. Yesterday after 4 years with the club we were told games may be cancelled this weekend due insurance. Now I hear it may not be a simple insurance fix and the FYSA is the reason. What could parents possibly do? Any options anyone can think of? Our whole team is chatting and wondering if we could leave to go to another club and get carded. We don't know what to do.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X