Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Club “ fundraising”

Every year, my kid’s club expects families to sell raffle tickets at 50 bucks a pop. Supposedly, it’s to raise money for “ scholarships”. As if it’s not enough to already pay them thousands of dollars for our kids to play, they ask us to foot the bill for someone else’s kid to play too. Sorry, not sorry, but we absolutely refuse to take part in this. Not to mention that I’d be embarrassed to ask people to buy a raffle ticket for my kids club soccer team. Most people consider club soccer a luxury item, and would rather support real causes like cancer research, hunger, or homeless,etc. Give me a break.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Every year, my kid’s club expects families to sell raffle tickets at 50 bucks a pop. Supposedly, it’s to raise money for “ scholarships”. As if it’s not enough to already pay them thousands of dollars for our kids to play, they ask us to foot the bill for someone else’s kid to play too. Sorry, not sorry, but we absolutely refuse to take part in this. Not to mention that I’d be embarrassed to ask people to buy a raffle ticket for my kids club soccer team. Most people consider club soccer a luxury item, and would rather support real causes like cancer research, hunger, or homeless,etc. Give me a break.
    Bolts????

Comment

Bolts????
      Yes, how did you know?

Comment

Bolts????
        Nope. Not Bolts.

Comment

That's pretty bad but I can top it. We got a song and dance once about a soccer tournament in......Europe! We could find raise for it and the team could go. How exactly do you ask people for money to send your kid on a trip to Europe? What is going on?

What happened to having an income that either did or did not sustain things like trips to Europe or fancy soccer clubs? These are luxuries.

I would donate to help offer low cost soccer run by volunteers to low income players. Period.

Comment

It’s a sign of a club is disarray and not being able to cover expenses. Red flag alert.
            Clubs that do it every year are really trying to advertise competitive player fees at tryouts, because if the fees are too high, families won’t sign up. So they hit families with mid year “fund raisers”. Consider it an extra mortgage payment for them. And PS, not much of it goes to scholarships (or other charitable endeavors). If clubs want to build up their scholarship fund, just as families to donate. People outside of club soccer don’t care about scholarships.

Comment

That's pretty bad but I can top it. We got a song and dance once about a soccer tournament in......Europe! We could find raise for it and the team could go. How exactly do you ask people for money to send your kid on a trip to Europe? What is going on?

What happened to having an income that either did or did not sustain things like trips to Europe or fancy soccer clubs? These are luxuries.

I would donate to help offer low cost soccer run by volunteers to low income players. Period.
              That definitely tops it. It’s insane. Please help a child in need - “needs” to go to Europe. People have no shame.

Comment

Bolts????
                Starts with n, ends in c

Comment

It's a hidden fee, no different than many other businesses that don't like upfront pricing. I would just suck it up and pay it instead of griping... you pay $2500/yr plus $300 for uniforms and who knows how much for tournaments and travel and you're going to gripe about an additional $50 cost? Pay it and move on (wrote a check yourself) or leave and go play for a club that doesn't require fund raise and has up-front pricing... Stars and Scorpions don't fund raise and are upfront with their costs though travel adds up. Not sure who to look at on the boys side as I'm pretty sure Bolts and NEFC do the fundraising and GPS has all kinds of inflated fees from touranment fees to credit card processing fees.

Comment

It's a hidden fee, no different than many other businesses that don't like upfront pricing. I would just suck it up and pay it instead of griping... you pay $2500/yr plus $300 for uniforms and who knows how much for tournaments and travel and you're going to gripe about an additional $50 cost? Pay it and move on (wrote a check yourself) or leave and go play for a club that doesn't require fund raise and has up-front pricing... Stars and Scorpions don't fund raise and are upfront with their costs though travel adds up. Not sure who to look at on the boys side as I'm pretty sure Bolts and NEFC do the fundraising and GPS has all kinds of inflated fees from touranment fees to credit card processing fees.
                    Lame bs excuse. Can you write me a check for $50, since you already buy coffee and gasoline each week? What’s another $50? Come on , fork it over.
                    Actually, they want you to sell more than one ticket. They say they expect each team to raise a certain amount. Sorry, I pay what I agree to upfront . I’m not supplementing someone’s income with additional fees, or paying for someone else to play soccer.

Comment

That definitely tops it. It’s insane. Please help a child in need - “needs” to go to Europe. People have no shame.
                      Of course they need to go to Europe! How else are they going to learn REAL soccer?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2578174]It's a hidden fee, no different than many other businesses that don't like upfront pricing. I would just suck it up and pay it instead of griping... you pay $2500/yr plus $300 for uniforms and who knows how much for tournaments and travel and you're going to gripe about an additional $50 cost? Pay it and move on (wrote a check yourself) or leave and go play for a club that doesn't require fund raise and has up-front pricing... Stars and Scorpions don't fund raise and are upfront with their costs though travel adds up. Not sure who to look at on the boys side as I'm pretty sure Bolts and NEFC do the fundraising and GPS has all kinds of inflated fees from touranment fees to credit card processing fees.[/QUOTE

I just simply don’t fundraiser for club soccer. I skip it all together, when the time comes. The world still turns. We pay for the product we agree to pay for, and that’s it.

Comment

Of course they need to go to Europe! How else are they going to learn REAL soccer?
                          First world problems. Let them pay for it.

Comment

Lame bs excuse. Can you write me a check for $50, since you already buy coffee and gasoline each week? What’s another $50? Come on , fork it over.
                            Actually, they want you to sell more than one ticket. They say they expect each team to raise a certain amount. Sorry, I pay what I agree to upfront . I’m not supplementing someone’s income with additional fees, or paying for someone else to play soccer.
                            You sound like you can’t afford club soccer.

Comment

You sound like you can’t afford club soccer.
                              Maybe I should start a go fund me page, for my kid to play club soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X