Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Didn’t they lose 4-5 girls? If so, what quality and where did you pick up replacements? And, same coach?
    They picked up players from the Pre DA team. The strength of the WFF Pre DA will provide many top players. They all develop with the same curriculum.

Comment

Who will be the best 07 girls team?

They picked up players from the Pre DA team. The strength of the WFF Pre DA will provide many top players. They all develop with the same curriculum.
      I thought they were pre-DA already. Must be in the semantics of the WFF teams. Confusing!

Comment

Didn’t they lose 4-5 girls? If so, what quality and where did you pick up replacements? And, same coach?
        Lost 4 girls. They are pretty talented young players too. It was a welcome sight to see 3 of the girls parents leave, TBU can have them. One of the girls dad will do more harm than good for her. They have bounced between clubs almost every season, unhappy each time. While it is a relief to have some of the parents gone, the 07 Flames will definitely feel the loss of the 4 girls this year. There was some shady stuff going on there though, TBU was letting the girls practice with them for a few months before the end of the season.

As far as the Flames go, they picked up a few girls from the second team and a few from outside the club. I wouldn't expect much from them this season though. Although, they will get solid training from the new coach. He is young and eager to teach the girls.

New coach this year, Ashani Fairclough. Played college soccer for USF. Prior MLS and USL player. The RH era is over, thankfully.

Comment

PBG 07 retained there entire team and added players to the team. Current roster is 18 and the also have a second team. They didnt loose anyone to ecnl but they did loose 3 girls to ecnl the year prior to last year but those girls were replaced last year. They should have a good team.
          Sounds like a heavy roster. In tough games, will some girls sit?

And, how many core girls are there that won’t come off? Would assume they’re in the middle of the pitch?

Comment

42 girls on two teams. Are they doing the pool thing?
            That is for 2 teams

Comment

Lost 4 girls. They are pretty talented young players too. It was a welcome sight to see 3 of the girls parents leave, TBU can have them. One of the girls dad will do more harm than good for her. They have bounced between clubs almost every season, unhappy each time. While it is a relief to have some of the parents gone, the 07 Flames will definitely feel the loss of the 4 girls this year. There was some shady stuff going on there though, TBU was letting the girls practice with them for a few months before the end of the season.

As far as the Flames go, they picked up a few girls from the second team and a few from outside the club. I wouldn't expect much from them this season though. Although, they will get solid training from the new coach. He is young and eager to teach the girls.

New coach this year, Ashani Fairclough. Played college soccer for USF. Prior MLS and USL player. The RH era is over, thankfully.
              As long as Yoyo is in charge WFF is going to continue having success. 2018/19 GDA director of the year.

Comment

Anyone got a scouting report on Wellington 07?

Comment

Anyone got a scouting report on Wellington 07?
                  Liberty belles will kill it

http://orlandofreedomsoccer.com/

Comment

Glad to leave

Do you feel better now?
                    The fact is that these 4 players have outgrown this team/club. WFFs has nothing for them at this age. Playing CDL and NPL isn’t making them better players. I don’t know where you get your information but no one practiced with TBU for months. 1 or 2 practices to see if the training was any good. No one was recruited or offered anything to go there. I can’t say the same thing about the flames. We got the calls from KW to see if there was “anything” they could do to make us stay.
                    We have no ill will toward any player or parent. Good luck this season. I hope this coach is the best thing for your player. As for my daughter, she made the decision to leave and play in the ECNL coached by a hall of fame player, World Cup winner, gold medalist and 100 international goal scorer. She is making the decisions for her soccer future.

Comment

Do you feel better now?
                      The fact is that these 4 players have outgrown this team/club. WFFs has nothing for them at this age. Playing CDL and NPL isn’t making them better players. I don’t know where you get your information but no one practiced with TBU for months. 1 or 2 practices to see if the training was any good. No one was recruited or offered anything to go there. I can’t say the same thing about the flames. We got the calls from KW to see if there was “anything” they could do to make us stay.
                      We have no ill will toward any player or parent. Good luck this season. I hope this coach is the best thing for your player. As for my daughter, she made the decision to leave and play in the ECNL coached by a hall of fame player, World Cup winner, gold medalist and 100 international goal scorer. She is making the decisions for her soccer future.
                      Feel better? I couldn’t careless honestly. My son isn’t on the team, so it doesn’t impact me. I was just answering the question that was asked as someone that has been close with the team over the last few years and seen the drama first hand.

Comment

Yes, some of the top talent on the wff went to tbu. It would probably would have been in the best interest if a select few remaining at wff jumped ship as well. That program is going down quickly. The flames would definitely be affected by the loss of those four girls if they actually were in competitive leagues. Wff will be slated for games with 2nd tier level competitors. To answer the question originally posed, WFF picked up some of the girls on their b team and a few girls from other clubs to fill those roster spots.

since you took The opportunity to come to a public forum to vent your frustrations..I would like to point out that, 1. The player you are referring to did not bounce clubs almost every season...1 season for a short time a switch was attempted, and as I am sure you can relate, RH was stale and not teaching our girls the full game of soccer. 2. As far as more harm than good...I know of a players family that forced their player to play with broken bones a majority of the season, so maybe glass housing, throwing stones isn’t the best. I felt terrible for her the entire season being forced to play injured. Certainly we will miss the girls on the team and the parents, but I think for us, the feeling is mutual for your family.

Best of luck to the girls of wff this season, I hope the end of the RH era proves to be beneficial to all!

Comment

Last season it was Orlando City...they beat every team listed above.
                          It all changes when you move from baby field short sided to full fields full sided. Depth makes more of a difference.

Comment

Saw FSPL has the following Premier teams listed:

Sunrise: assume that’s their B team now due to Sunrise /Prime ECNL team...right?
                            Wellington: previous post implies they lost players?
                            PBG: did they retain everyone and what is new roster size?
                            Braden River: don’t know anything about them?
                            FC Tampa: don’t know anything about them, but Club has had a few quality teams in the past.
                            Sunrise: Second in the division
                            Wellington: 3 or 4th
                            PBG: Top of the division
                            Braden River: 3 or 4th
                            FC Tampa: why are they on this list?

Comment

Sunrise: Second in the division
                              Wellington: 3 or 4th
                              PBG: Top of the division
                              Braden River: 3 or 4th
                              FC Tampa: why are they on this list?
                              Sounds about right given common records except saw where PBG has a loss to Braden River.

Comment

Sounds about right given common records except saw where PBG has a loss to Braden River.
                                If you look at the 2007 ODP roster and all the kids from Gardens either they're going to be the best team or the ODP coach is from Gardens

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X