2019 HS Soccer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to stay classy. Just a reminder that you didn’t play today. Congrats to the players who actually were on the field today and all players who took the field and competed this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      SK!!!!!!
      (As predicted)
      Congratulations to SK!
      Final thoughts:
      I am proud of SK and what they have accomplished.
      I do think our GK was best in the state and we played as a team in front of her.
      I feel Cumberland was in over their heads and were relying on defense, GK,
      and shootouts to win. No offense at all. Some luck comes with that as well. They barely squeaked one out with NK but that was not happening today. Definitely a top 5 team but not a top 3 team.
      My final ranking.
      SK
      NK
      LaSalle
      Cumb
      Barrington
      Mt Hope
      Next season:
      1. LaSalle (or CW, sorry about that)
      2. SK
      3. Mt Hope
      4. Barrington
      5. Cumberland
      6. NK
      7. CW
      8. Coventry
      I think you accidentally left off Burrillville and EG

Comment

Funny

Take it easy on the guy. He was trying to get to his car without getting run over after the game while typing to be the first one in on this forum. Are parents in other sports this crazy?

Comment

I think you accidentally left off Burrillville and EG
          Most likely will move down. Realignment year. Lincoln possibly as well. Pilgrim could possibly move back to D1 where they belong now that they have given up on the D2 title.
          Moses Brown up?
          D1 smaller division next year? Four divisions? Can’t wIt to see what RIIL does next.

Comment

Take it easy on the guy. He was trying to get to his car without getting run over after the game while typing to be the first one in on this forum. Are parents in other sports this crazy?
            Yet, here you are. Are you mad I got here first?

Comment

Most likely will move down. Realignment year. Lincoln possibly as well. Pilgrim could possibly move back to D1 where they belong now that they have given up on the D2 title.
              Moses Brown up?
              D1 smaller division next year? Four divisions? Can’t wIt to see what RIIL does next.
              Don't hold your breath on RIIL. Four divisions of 12 or so teams would be more competitive balance, but it's about the money. Heaven forbid the Principals care about perhaps ending the season a week early or fewer games jammed into the schedule.

Hopefully RIIL will end using RIC and move permanently to a turf stadium.

Curious how Pilgrim tries to avoid being moved up to D1 - Burrillville for sure should move down EG may be too proud to move down. Let Moses Brown and Pilgrim move up.

Johnston has served its punishment for sandbagging in the past; time to move Tiverton up to D2.

Comment

Don't hold your breath on RIIL. Four divisions of 12 or so teams would be more competitive balance, but it's about the money. Heaven forbid the Principals care about perhaps ending the season a week early or fewer games jammed into the schedule.

Hopefully RIIL will end using RIC and move permanently to a turf stadium.

Curious how Pilgrim tries to avoid being moved up to D1 - Burrillville for sure should move down EG may be too proud to move down. Let Moses Brown and Pilgrim move up.

Johnston has served its punishment for sandbagging in the past; time to move Tiverton up to D2.
                Damn, thought Pilgrim was a sub-1,000 student enrolled school, they have 1,452 students. One of the top 5 enrollments in the state. No reason then they aren't in Division 1.

Comment

Damn, thought Pilgrim was a sub-1,000 student enrolled school, they have 1,452 students. One of the top 5 enrollments in the state. No reason then they aren't in Division 1.
                  all big schools like pilgrim and privates like Moses belong in D1....no excuses

Comment

Now that the dust has settled let's give everyone a round of applause for a fun season. With that in mind are there any coaches that should be sent packing?

Comment

Now that the dust has settled let's give everyone a round of applause for a fun season. With that in mind are there any coaches that should be sent packing?
                      Really? What a tool. This isn't English Premier League or Champion's League. Idiot

Comment

Uh huh..you mean D3 Woonsocket at a robust 5 wins should be up in D1? I agree Classical and Cranston East should be minimum D2, but you can't go by enrollment.

Kind of amazing how competitive Scituate is.

LaSalle is around 675; Bayview around 500; Moses Brown around 200 (just app. female enrollments)..of course those schools have inherent advantages.

Cranston High School East 802
                        Woonsocket High School 795
                        Cranston High School West 759
                        Coventry High School 730
                        North Kingstown Senior High School 727
                        East Providence High School 697
                        Cumberland High School 674
                        Pilgrim High School 665
                        Classical High School 619
                        North Providence High School 581
                        Chariho Regional High School 563
                        Barrington High School 551
                        Toll Gate High School 529
                        Central High School 513
                        West Warwick Senior High School 471
                        Mt. Hope High School 464
                        Ponaganset High School 459
                        Portsmouth High School 457
                        South Kingstown High School 450
                        Lincoln Senior High School 450
                        William E Tolman Senior High School 435
                        Johnston Senior High School 413
                        East Greenwich High School 406
                        Mount Pleasant High School 375
                        Smithfield Senior High School 363
                        Westerly High School 361
                        Central Falls Senior High School 345
                        Burrillville High School 316
                        Rogers High School 315
                        Tiverton High School 245
                        North Smithfield High School 228
                        Exeter-West Greenwich Regional High School 224
                        Scituate High School 210
                        Narragansett High School 206
                        William B. Cooley, Sr. High School and the Provide 196
                        Blackstone Valley Prep High School 183

Comment

Uh huh..you mean D3 Woonsocket at a robust 5 wins should be up in D1? I agree Classical and Cranston East should be minimum D2, but you can't go by enrollment.

Kind of amazing how competitive Scituate is.

LaSalle is around 675; Bayview around 500; Moses Brown around 200 (just app. female enrollments)..of course those schools have inherent advantages.

Cranston High School East 802
                          Woonsocket High School 795
                          Cranston High School West 759
                          Coventry High School 730
                          North Kingstown Senior High School 727
                          East Providence High School 697
                          Cumberland High School 674
                          Pilgrim High School 665
                          Classical High School 619
                          North Providence High School 581
                          Chariho Regional High School 563
                          Barrington High School 551
                          Toll Gate High School 529
                          Central High School 513
                          West Warwick Senior High School 471
                          Mt. Hope High School 464
                          Ponaganset High School 459
                          Portsmouth High School 457
                          South Kingstown High School 450
                          Lincoln Senior High School 450
                          William E Tolman Senior High School 435
                          Johnston Senior High School 413
                          East Greenwich High School 406
                          Mount Pleasant High School 375
                          Smithfield Senior High School 363
                          Westerly High School 361
                          Central Falls Senior High School 345
                          Burrillville High School 316
                          Rogers High School 315
                          Tiverton High School 245
                          North Smithfield High School 228
                          Exeter-West Greenwich Regional High School 224
                          Scituate High School 210
                          Narragansett High School 206
                          William B. Cooley, Sr. High School and the Provide 196
                          Blackstone Valley Prep High School 183
                          I read Moses Brown won first championship since 1995 and first D2 ever - I would not say one win pushes any school up. I think RIIL looks at a pattern over the course of a few years - doesn't always work though, look at Burriville - D1 has not been good for them at all. But any team that dominates a division year after year should be looked at. Also, why doesn't soccer to an all star thing like basketball? It would be fun for the teams to actually play with each other and I think we need more cross division stuff.

Comment

I read Moses Brown won first championship since 1995 and first D2 ever - I would not say one win pushes any school up. I think RIIL looks at a pattern over the course of a few years - doesn't always work though, look at Burriville - D1 has not been good for them at all. But any team that dominates a division year after year should be looked at. Also, why doesn't soccer to an all star thing like basketball? It would be fun for the teams to actually play with each other and I think we need more cross division stuff.
                            Don't confuse RIIL and the PCOA "looking at a pattern" as meaning "thoughtful analysis."

A thoughtful analysis would not focus on past trends (other than say 2 years) but on current plus JV records and how much of the successful team's roster is graduating out. RIIL's system tends to promote too late and retain up too long. Burrillville for example should have been up a year earlier and move down for this year. Same with Johnston in D3 to D2 and Pilgrim this year D2 to D1.

But some coaches want to hang on to get the championship in the lower level.

I think the issue with a state level championship is essentially it would be a replay of the D1 semifinals (the one proposal I recall here was the 4 D1 semifinalists and the 4 D2/D3 finalists) with maybe an outlier once in a while (maybe when EWG was the D2 champ) - the D3 for sure would be hard to imagine. Hence, if you are simply revisiting the round you just did a week or so earlier, it would seem to create more heartache than not.

I think someone proposed taking say the top all division seniors from each divisions as proposed by the coaches and pooling them into an all-star game just to let some of the top (seniors, granted some of the top players maybe underclass in any year) players from D3 and D2 compete -- would also be a nice showcase for the eventual all-state picks. That's more doable than layering another 2-3 games after the divisional state champ tourney.

Comment

5 years ago MB was 1-15. No one was complaining about them then. They get a great Freshman class 4 years ago and make a championship run one year and everyone loses their minds. They will be good, not great in the coming years. Probably mid pack in D2 moving forward.

Top 2 teams next year will be Chariho and No Smithfield. Chariho will win next year. Young team made it to finals this year.

Comment

5 years ago MB was 1-15. No one was complaining about them then. They get a great Freshman class 4 years ago and make a championship run one year and everyone loses their minds. They will be good, not great in the coming years. Probably mid pack in D2 moving forward.

Top 2 teams next year will be Chariho and No Smithfield. Chariho will win next year. Young team made it to finals this year.
                                I agree D2 next year - Pilgrim, Chariho, N Smithfield all good. D2 has a way of teams going up and down - it generally works. I do think it would stink to be the bottom of any league for 4-5 years and counting so RIIL adjusting for that is just good sportsmanship. Same goes for a team that can win a top division for multiple years - time to move up.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X