Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm confused...are you fciac groupies routing for or against Glastonbury in their last game? Or does the answer depend on which "dominant" team you are routing for?
    Stjs and rhs want a tie or loss staples I think wants them to win
    I don’t think they want to see each other until a final same goes for staples- so it matters what Glastonbury does to somebody
    None of the 3 are sweating either southington or Glastonbury they just want to know when they have to play each other again

Comment

Stjs and rhs want a tie or loss staples I think wants them to win
      I don’t think they want to see each other until a final same goes for staples- so it matters what Glastonbury does to somebody
      None of the 3 are sweating either southington or Glastonbury they just want to know when they have to play each other again
      Right. Both would prefer to face Staples in the semis than the other in the quarters.

Comment

Right. Both would prefer to face Staples in the semis than the other in the quarters.
        no one wants to face staples, ever

Comment

no one wants to face staples, ever
          hand bag mafia is checking in

Comment

I'm confused...are you routing for or against Glastonbury in their last game? Or does the answer depend on which "dominant" team you are routing for?
            Absolutely rooting for Glastonbury! To actually win a final on 11/23 (a very significant date in the program's history) this time around would mean so much. Perfectly fine with a potential semifinal against Staples this year (when you get to that stage you expect to be facing a team that powerful and of that quality) as long as it means having a clear path to get to the semis. Having to drive all the way to either Trumbull or Ridgefield for a quarterfinal when you thought for sure you would be hosting at that stage back at the beginning of the season would be the worst possible scenario.

Comment

Absolutely rooting for Glastonbury! To actually win a final on 11/23 (a very significant date in the program's history) this time around would mean so much. Perfectly fine with a potential semifinal against Staples this year (when you get to that stage you expect to be facing a team that powerful and of that quality) as long as it means having a clear path to get to the semis. Having to drive all the way to either Trumbull or Ridgefield for a quarterfinal when you thought for sure you would be hosting at that stage back at the beginning of the season would be the worst possible scenario.
              What’s the significance of the date

Comment

First of all, let's keep in mind that the people within the CIAC are educators by profession and in the end, the decisions made around sports competition are driven by Principals and Athletic Directors, not coaches.

They have to have winners in all games before the finals, simply to ensure they have teams in the final.

Having said that, the philosophy being reflected here is that if two teams reach the final and play to a draw in regulation and then through overtime, the educators would prefer the players all have a piece of the shared glory of participating in a final, as opposed to forcing a winner through PKs.

You can not like that, but this is a decision that comes from people who are professional educators, first and foremost. I can see their rationale, even if I might prefer a different approach myself.

But then, I'm not a professional educator either.
                If our professional educators are sending the message to kids who are or are at least becoming mature young adults that all the hard work and dedication they put in all year to get as far as overtime of a state final should be rewarded by having to know the rest of your life that you were not the true champion when the whole point of tournaments at any level (except maybe some youth sports) is to have a first and a second, well then I feel sorry for our student athletes who have to put up with this every year because the adults are stubborn enough to keep this stupid rule in place.

If every game leading up to the final is treated as an elimination game, then the final must be treated as an elimination game as well. That is how tournaments work, period. To not do it that way is a copout.

Comment

If our professional educators are sending the message to kids who are or are at least becoming mature young adults that all the hard work and dedication they put in all year to get as far as overtime of a state final should be rewarded by having to know the rest of your life that you were not the true champion when the whole point of tournaments at any level (except maybe some youth sports) is to have a first and a second, well then I feel sorry for our student athletes who have to put up with this every year because the adults are stubborn enough to keep this stupid rule in place.

If every game leading up to the final is treated as an elimination game, then the final must be treated as an elimination game as well. That is how tournaments work, period. To not do it that way is a copout.
                  Both Staples and StJs have played a total of 18 games so far this season each
                  Of those only 2 have been elimination games - let the game play out before your panties wad up

Comment

What’s the significance of the date
                    2012 LL final

Comment

2012 LL final
                      A date probably no one remembers but you

Comment

IF you feel so strongly about it why are you wasting your time here?
                        Send an E Mail to CIAC and ask to be heard.

Comment

that is a losing effort the nancy snowflake society out weighs the rest of us. Parent just file law suits now when their offspring are not part of the majority

Comment

The Logical Voice

If they are worried the rest of their lives about the outcome of a soccer game in high school resulting in sharing a championship, then they have led an unrewarding adult life.

Comment

If they are worried the rest of their lives about the outcome of a soccer game in high school resulting in sharing a championship, then they have led an unrewarding adult life.
                              Of course there are more important things than HS soccer but if they ARE going to look back on it in their adult life, I think they would have much bigger regrets over knowing they were not the true champion and had to share that honor when they worked hard all season to either finish first or second, than knowing they missed a penalty kick when at least they made it as far as the finals and at least there was a true champion.

Comment

Of course there are more important things than HS soccer but if they ARE going to look back on it in their adult life, I think they would have much bigger regrets over knowing they were not the true champion and had to share that honor when they worked hard all season to either finish first or second, than knowing they missed a penalty kick when at least they made it as far as the finals and at least there was a true champion.
                                I don't buy your premise- why are they not legit champions? right now there are 4 state champions at a minimum,
                                if you want ONE true champion shouldn't they all play to get to one team ?
                                im not so sure you are down for that

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X