Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This 1000x over. Even in the pros most headers turn into a 50/50. It’s is annoying and frustrating to watch. Step back. Take it on your chest. Take possession. Obviously some exceptions. Goals. Rare flicks to a teammate.
    How about defenders needing to clear balls sent into the box? Can't be putting it down in there.
    On the other hand, mid-fielders heading the ball in the center circle is just bad soccer.
    Also, in my experience, girls are less likely to head the ball than boys...not sure what other poster sees.

Comment

Huh. I see girls heading more. I have one of each kid.

Comment

How about defenders needing to clear balls sent into the box? Can't be putting it down in there.
        On the other hand, mid-fielders heading the ball in the center circle is just bad soccer.
        Also, in my experience, girls are less likely to head the ball than boys...not sure what other poster sees.
        Must be a girls' soccer coach that doesn't see the flaws in her team's game.

Make them put it on the pitch coach. You'll see the improvement in your season. You can thank TS posters later.

Comment

"Not if you know how to shield the ball and hit it to your teammate. No way is 100% the ball your's alone. But a 50/50 is just that. It's all situational."

Clearing the ball I would call situational and not included in the discussion about unnecessary heading going on.

Although I've seen kids head the ball in the back with no pressure around them out of bounds for a corner. No pressure around, trap it and get it out. Levels of iq clearly.

Comment

Huh. I see girls heading more. I have one of each kid.
            Agreed. Coaches on the girls side seem to encourage more. It’s fairy obvious that heading is eventually going to be eliminated from youth soccer. They ought to just get in front of it before this issue causes further declines in participation.

Comment

One player on my D's team heads it backwards every single time; flips it. She's a defender. I swear the GK is going to keel over from a coronary one day.

Comment

One player on my D's team heads it backwards every single time; flips it. She's a defender. I swear the GK is going to keel over from a coronary one day.
                And the coach continues to put her out there without fixing it? Bad habits need to be broken by good coaches.

Comment

The big political news has been in regards to the soldiers who sustained concussions when Iran factions bombed the US Embassy in Iraq. So when I see an article like this, I have to ask, but what about the kids playing sports?

Mild traumatic head injuries can lead to a lifetime of health issues for soldiers

https://thehill.com/opinion/national...time-of-health

"Whereas once we thought mild traumatic brain injuries were harmless, we now know that these are a major and ongoing public health issue."

Comment

The big political news has been in regards to the soldiers who sustained concussions when Iran factions bombed the US Embassy in Iraq. So when I see an article like this, I have to ask, but what about the kids playing sports?

Mild traumatic head injuries can lead to a lifetime of health issues for soldiers

https://thehill.com/opinion/national...time-of-health

"Whereas once we thought mild traumatic brain injuries were harmless, we now know that these are a major and ongoing public health issue."
                    Sensationalism by the media or an internet site .... wow, who'd of thunk it! Every football player in the 40s-70s had them and few had a lifetime of health issues. I am not saying that very severe ones cant be very detrimental, but PULEASE!

Comment

http://www.bu.edu/cte/

This is going on in our own back yard.

Boston University's bio medical fields, school of engineering, environmental sciences and others are in the forefront of CTE and tramautic brain injury in sports, military, etc. They are the leader in this field and the repository of the brains of multiple athletes, like Jr.Seau and more for research and testing.

Plus as the Globe reported previously, Brandi Chastain and others are donating their brains after they pass away to continue the research and development of better equipment and such.

It is an outstanding program working on breakthroughs all the time.

Comment

https://www.bu.edu/articles/2019/for...ale-cte-study/

There is a Boston Globe article about this too.

Comment

Saw this as well. The ultimate goal, diagnose and treat CTE in living patients.

https://www.bu.edu/articles/2019/toward-diagnosing-cte/

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X