X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not good for the kids.
    It's good for the kids because the U16 is the better technical side, but doesn't really challenge those older 98's should have just kept the younger sophomore 98's and then push up the old ones to help the U18 academy, which doesn't seem to have got off to a good start this season. U16's are the team to beat in this division this season, one u15 bnt and one u17 bnt along with a lot of talented 98's from last seasons team. Weston and Kendall need to get some chemistry before they can compete with OC but they got the talent surely. Little surprised to see the Concorde scoreline of 6 - 1 vs OC, traditionally they usually put up a stronger fight, but Georgia United is also a very good team as well.

Comment

It's good for the kids because the U16 is the better technical side, but doesn't really challenge those older 98's should have just kept the younger sophomore 98's and then push up the old ones to help the U18 academy, which doesn't seem to have got off to a good start this season. U16's are the team to beat in this division this season, one u15 bnt and one u17 bnt along with a lot of talented 98's from last seasons team. Weston and Kendall need to get some chemistry before they can compete with OC but they got the talent surely. Little surprised to see the Concorde scoreline of 6 - 1 vs OC, traditionally they usually put up a stronger fight, but Georgia United is also a very good team as well.

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/searc...ea=commitments

Comment

None of the toros from last year would be a significant addition to Kendal or Weston 16's academy. This kids are 00 and late 99's. They can't compete with the strong 98's already in the program.
        I know of one that went to Weston, but to the academy 14's.
        Are you sure ?

Comment

Any results from the weekend?

Comment

Weston lost to clw today 2-1? Really? Clw?

Comment

Weston lost to clw today 2-1? Really? Clw?
              The fact you're so surprised would indicate you have no clue. That result was expected. New year folks.

Comment

The fact you're so surprised would indicate you have no clue. That result was expected. New year folks.
                Expected ??? I guess you didn't watch the game. Will see by the middle of the season.

Comment

Chargers U16 DA picked up some very strong players. They will be very competitive.

Comment

Chargers U16 DA picked up some very strong players. They will be very competitive.
                    Charger parent here-
                    Yes, our team is made up of almost entirely new players from all over the Tampa Bay/Sarasota area. A few from Brandon, but others from other local clubs that are making a huge impact as well. Most of our team is home grown out of the Charger organization.
                    We have had some good games to start, but the team still has a lot of gelling to do. They have only been together for a short time. It may be a little early to predict any success given it is a long season.

We know we will get some really good games in the Southeast, as these clubs typically are quite competitive. We look forward to some good games from all of our Florida teams and hope to represent Florida well.

Comment

Charger parent here-
                      Yes, our team is made up of almost entirely new players from all over the Tampa Bay/Sarasota area. A few from Brandon, but others from other local clubs that are making a huge impact as well. Most of our team is home grown out of the Charger organization.
                      We have had some good games to start, but the team still has a lot of gelling to do. They have only been together for a short time. It may be a little early to predict any success given it is a long season.

We know we will get some really good games in the Southeast, as these clubs typically are quite competitive. We look forward to some good games from all of our Florida teams and hope to represent Florida well.
                      I applaud your being humble and that is already a good representation on our area youth soccer. I do not believe other areas in the state, namely the Southeast, would afford you the same. The Chargers DA has been a much maligned DA in the past, mainly I believe because they have gone with the a majority of players from the charger organization. If they go against their natural instinct and start pulling the truly best players from the Tampa metro area, we will be consistently at the top of the DA table, year in an year out. The problem is and has been that Clearwater wants to reward players that have been at the club since they were U8's, so if they are borderline, they will put them in DA, over another kid from a small club that is better. Not all the best players have grown up in the Chargers system. Having said that, I hope that you qualify for the playoffs this year and you will start to change minds across other parts of the southeast US and if you can at least, for one year, shut the people up in the Southeast part of the state.

Comment

Charger parent here-

Just out of curiosity what happened to the big kid whom I once heard TM announce as somebody we'd see playing on TV one day? I know he went to the academy last year but this year I saw him playing at Disney with the Chargers Select team.

Comment

I applaud your being humble and that is already a good representation on our area youth soccer. I do not believe other areas in the state, namely the Southeast, would afford you the same. The Chargers DA has been a much maligned DA in the past, mainly I believe because they have gone with the a majority of players from the charger organization. If they go against their natural instinct and start pulling the truly best players from the Tampa metro area, we will be consistently at the top of the DA table, year in an year out. The problem is and has been that Clearwater wants to reward players that have been at the club since they were U8's, so if they are borderline, they will put them in DA, over another kid from a small club that is better. Not all the best players have grown up in the Chargers system. Having said that, I hope that you qualify for the playoffs this year and you will start to change minds across other parts of the southeast US and if you can at least, for one year, shut the people up in the Southeast part of the state.
                          As I understand it, the USSDA has a rule that most of the players HAVE to come from within the club, as part of the "developmental" part of the Development Academy to award an academy team to a club. That is not to say that other clubs actually follow that (IMG doesn't seem to have the same kids within their club on any given consecutive year).

Comment

As I understand it, the USSDA has a rule that most of the players HAVE to come from within the club, as part of the "developmental" part of the Development Academy to award an academy team to a club. That is not to say that other clubs actually follow that (IMG doesn't seem to have the same kids within their club on any given consecutive year).
                            There is no such rule.

The better players in the area are on this team. From the better teams before the Academy age started. The best teams in this age group from the Tampa area were Clearwater, Brandon and Lutz. I think the majority of the Lutz team is 97. So this Clearwater team already had a strong base of Clearwater players from a very good Clearwater team and have added very good players from a very good Brandon team and a few other strong players from the area. This will be a strong team.

Comment

You are very wrong, Chargers did great yesterday vs Weston, two very close games (16's and 18's ). They will still need to work on the 14's. At Weston we are more than happy to have this quality matches even if we didn't get the result !! So congrats to chargers it would benefit the entire state if we have more competitive teams.

Comment

There is no such rule.

The better players in the area are on this team. From the better teams before the Academy age started. The best teams in this age group from the Tampa area were Clearwater, Brandon and Lutz. I think the majority of the Lutz team is 97. So this Clearwater team already had a strong base of Clearwater players from a very good Clearwater team and have added very good players from a very good Brandon team and a few other strong players from the area. This will be a strong team.
                                You sir are wrong. There is a 50% home grown rule that applies. Home grown constitutes the players must have been in the club at least the year prior to the academy year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X