This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    All of this DA confidence just seems silly. It makes people feel better when the writing big checks. Our FC Florida u18 team shouldn't of had a chance against the professional New York Red Bulls, but they still tied them to 2-2 in an aggressively played match. A week later, two of our boys signed pro contracts with the red bulls. No DA at FC Florida, no problem.

To say the Toros would struggle against a first year DA team is just stupid. When the Academy system results in the US actually qualifying for the Olympics, or the US u20 team qualifying for the World Cup, them I will pay attention. Until then, the DA system is not credible.
    The U14 DA teams are pretty much all-star teams and would have older players. The only person silly here is you. They would struggle against the better U14 DA teams in Florida. That's just a fact, and there is nothing wrong with that. The 6 month advantage with all-stars is a big advantage. OC had a very good U14 team this past season that played in the SEPAL league. They went with their normal team for the most part while all the other teams used the academy age range. They struggled mostly because 6 months is huge between 13 and 15 years old.

Go look at the Team they picked for the Weston U14 DA. They would beat CG without much of a problem. CG is a great team. The best in U13, so there would be no shame in losing to a mostly older group of all-stars.

Comment

The U14 DA teams are pretty much all-star teams and would have older players. The only person silly here is you. They would struggle against the better U14 DA teams in Florida. That's just a fact, and there is nothing wrong with that. The 6 month advantage with all-stars is a big advantage. OC had a very good U14 team this past season that played in the SEPAL league. They went with their normal team for the most part while all the other teams used the academy age range. They struggled mostly because 6 months is huge between 13 and 15 years old.

Go look at the Team they picked for the Weston U14 DA. They would beat CG without much of a problem. CG is a great team. The best in U13, so there would be no shame in losing to a mostly older group of all-stars.
      I totally agree. I have seen Toros team play. They are a great team for U-13 but would lose to any decent U-14 team, not just academy teams. If they think they are so good, let them play up in top tournaments. They will find out for themselves that they just can't compete with older teams. Say what you want but prove it if you think you are so good.

Comment

It's a little confusing for me what you are trying to say, 99 Weston pre academy was form by players born in that year, they can't play U13 because some of them are from the beginning of the year, that's why the 2000 Weston pre academy was stronger in some matches, they had a few guest players from the 99 that are true u13's and yes they beat coral gables in the regular season in a tough game, most probably would beat them again.

However those 6 months you are talking about is enough time to make a team not a real contender to win state cup against the strong clubs competing in regular age groups.

Comment

I totally agree. I have seen Toros team play. They are a great team for U-13 but would lose to any decent U-14 team, not just academy teams. If they think they are so good, let them play up in top tournaments. They will find out for themselves that they just can't compete with older teams. Say what you want but prove it if you think you are so good.
          Hey guys, toros won their age group showing they were the best in the field, I don't think it's fair for us to take away that credit in a blog, why would we compare them against an older team ? I haven't hear them bragging about beating older boys !!

Weston parent

Comment

Hey guys, toros won their age group showing they were the best in the field, I don't think it's fair for us to take away that credit in a blog, why would we compare them against an older team ? I haven't hear them bragging about beating older boys !!

Weston parent
            Because Toros parents are coming on site saying they can beat U-14 teams.

Comment

It's a little confusing for me what you are trying to say, 99 Weston pre academy was form by players born in that year, they can't play U13 because some of them are from the beginning of the year, that's why the 2000 Weston pre academy was stronger in some matches, they had a few guest players from the 99 that are true u13's and yes they beat coral gables in the regular season in a tough game, most probably would beat them again.

However those 6 months you are talking about is enough time to make a team not a real contender to win state cup against the strong clubs competing in regular age groups.
              The only thing I'm saying is that the Toros were the best FYSA U13 team this year, but the coming U14 academy teams, which will be made up of all-star kids from the whole birth year 99 with the best 00 would most likely beat CG. The new U14 academy has already broken up a few groups that were top teams this past season in both the U14 and U13 ages. The academy teams won't play any teams except other academy teams. I think the debate is just whether or not CG could beat the better academy teams that are being formed. For example I've read on here about the current U14 from FCA breaking up because many of their best players were older 99s who have left to go play with the OC U14 DA team for next year. I'm assuming that since that is the only DA in the Orlando area that they will likely pick up the best Rush players that won U14 State Cup that are 99s, along with the players from OC U13 and U14 that are top 99s also. I think the Miami area has 3 or 4 U14 academy teams that should all pick up a few players from neighboring clubs. In terms of teams that will be in the CG FYSA age group next year, I would think the teams from SW Florida (Ft. Myers) area will be most intact because they don't have an academy in the area.

Comment

The only thing I'm saying is that the Toros were the best FYSA U13 team this year, but the coming U14 academy teams, which will be made up of all-star kids from the whole birth year 99 with the best 00 would most likely beat CG. The new U14 academy has already broken up a few groups that were top teams this past season in both the U14 and U13 ages. The academy teams won't play any teams except other academy teams. I think the debate is just whether or not CG could beat the better academy teams that are being formed. For example I've read on here about the current U14 from FCA breaking up because many of their best players were older 99s who have left to go play with the OC U14 DA team for next year. I'm assuming that since that is the only DA in the Orlando area that they will likely pick up the best Rush players that won U14 State Cup that are 99s, along with the players from OC U13 and U14 that are top 99s also. I think the Miami area has 3 or 4 U14 academy teams that should all pick up a few players from neighboring clubs. In terms of teams that will be in the CG FYSA age group next year, I would think the teams from SW Florida (Ft. Myers) area will be most intact because they don't have an academy in the area.
                The Toros are a family. FKK is gonna built that same family back up in Orlando.

Go Toros and Go FKK.

Comment

The Toros are a family. FKK is gonna built that same family back up in Orlando.

Go Toros and Go FKK.
                  It was special to see NO ORLANDO CITY MEGA CLUB OF FLORIDA WIN 1 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP........

LOVE IT

GO TOROS!

BRICK LOSES AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN AGIAN

Comment

FC Florida and Wellington

Good combination happening. Should be strong team.

Comment

Unbelievable, pathetic at best. You don't care about the kids just about the win.

Comment

What?

Unbelievable, pathetic at best. You don't care about the kids just about the win.
                        What is this about?

Comment

Good combination happening. Should be strong team.
                          JT at FC Florida has been arranging combined teams of players from that Region all year long, and never won anything. What makes you think that a combined team is going to win this time around?

Comment

Once

JT at FC Florida has been arranging combined teams of players from that Region all year long, and never won anything. What makes you think that a combined team is going to win this time around?
                            All year? He did it once at year end to avoid a state cup disaster with a short roster. Followed state cup rules and had good tournament. Wish we could of been on that roster but were not. They chose Mako players instead. Kids had great time. All year? When else did this occur? It didn't. Sorry but team managers are supposed to find players. Ub combination should of happened earlier.

Comment

Toro's and FL fire will be the same. The big question is how will Chargers LWR U14 Elite and OCYS U14 purple look with the DA taking kids. Especially Chargers LWR Elite losing most of there kids to DA.

Comment

Toro's and FL fire will be the same. The big question is how will Chargers LWR U14 Elite and OCYS U14 purple look with the DA taking kids. Especially Chargers LWR Elite losing most of there kids to DA.
                                OCYS U14 Purple took the FCA kids that were not 99's and a couple of new faces. They should be competitive for a state title.

Comment

Working...
                                X