Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is it safe to say no team or club covers travel costs? Why even bring it up except to add bs to all the bs?

Unless i'm wrong, what team covers travel costs (gas, hotel, maybe food?)?
    Empire covers all travel costs EXCEPT flights for showcases. All food/hotel/travel/buses/etc. are included in club fees.

Comment

Empire covers all travel costs EXCEPT flights for showcases. All food/hotel/travel/buses/etc. are included in club fees.
      ok but flights are one of the biggest cost problems.

Comment

ok but flights are one of the biggest cost problems.
        I agree, it is an extra cost, but maybe only 1500 at most...3 round trip flight. However, I can put my daughter on a flight, she gets picked up at the airport by the coach in the rented van and takes her to the team hotel. Parents don't have to travel if they don't want. Same goes for trips to the NE to play during Fall/Spring. Girls take charter bus to away games with the team, and stay in the hotel with the team. Parents again do not have to travel unless they desire to.

Comment

I agree, it is an extra cost, but maybe only 1500 at most...3 round trip flight. However, I can put my daughter on a flight, she gets picked up at the airport by the coach in the rented van and takes her to the team hotel. Parents don't have to travel if they don't want. Same goes for trips to the NE to play during Fall/Spring. Girls take charter bus to away games with the team, and stay in the hotel with the team. Parents again do not have to travel unless they desire to.
          Ikr? Who doesn't have 1500 lying around per kid per year to fly around to soccer games. No problem.

Comment

And Obviously if you play for Fury, you get the coach to rub your daughter for free #nothanks

Comment

They're not near any major metro airport which instantly makes the flight price go up. Anyway, it's great that the club makes an effort to make travel easier and cheaper for families. Given their location they really almost have to otherwise I bet more would opt out. However, that effort isn't the norm for many clubs where any "group" travel is just families working together to split travel/take turns.

Comment

What does any of this have to do with how expensive Fury is? Also stop the coach bashing unless you have a reputable source and aren't hiding behind anonymous posts. Call the cops and stop putting that crap on here.

Comment

What does any of this have to do with how expensive Fury is? Also stop the coach bashing unless you have a reputable source and aren't hiding behind anonymous posts. Call the cops and stop putting that crap on here.
                  But it's on BOTN so it must be true.

If LM had a degree of integrity he'd kill that story off the 2nd it appeared and let the authorities and club handle it (if it even happened). Maybe it is true, stories like that happen. But what if it isn't? Destroying a person's career and reputation is demented.

Comment

But it's on BOTN so it must be true.

If LM had a degree of integrity he'd kill that story off the 2nd it appeared and let the authorities and club handle it (if it even happened). Maybe it is true, stories like that happen. But what if it isn't? Destroying a person's career and reputation is demented.
                    BOTN is dead. Anything to try to bring the corpse back to life.

Comment

BOTN is dead. Anything to try to bring the corpse back to life.
                      Agree. The whole Surf bandwagon push was the turning point of the BotN demise and rise of Talking Soccer for the NY market. The only people left for BotN to appeal too are the SUSA parents.

Comment

Izzy is a drunk and a perv, but other than that he is a decent coach, priorities people.

Comment

Fury parents have been very quiet on this topic so there must be some validity to it.

Comment

Fury parents have been very quiet on this topic so there must be some validity to it.
                            The silence is deafening...not sure how he can fight this. Resigning is the right, and honorable thing to do, but it also presumes some amount of culpability...

Merry Christmas Izzy!

Comment

The silence is deafening...not sure how he can fight this. Resigning is the right, and honorable thing to do, but it also presumes some amount of culpability...

Merry Christmas Izzy!
                              Thank you all for your concern. I will be fine.

Comment

FC Fury pricing

Izzy is a drunk and a perv, but other than that he is a decent coach, priorities people.
                                I like drunks...they are funny....yes priorities :)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X