Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    HS players are sweating out on the field in August but that is not enough?

Maybe they were, maybe they weren't. But, they weren't doing it as part of the team is the point.

Comment

Maybe they were, maybe they weren't. But, they weren't doing it as part of the team is the point.
      They were. But it sounds better to just go ecnl or edp i guess. I dont strongly differentiate between all the leagues like some do. On long island there are three gda clubs and HS is popular so it is unclear if these gda teams actually need more players and would welcome HS players.some additional players after the HS season.

Comment

Semi. Anyone that takes the marketing spiel of any of these high faluting leagues without a big grain of salt is fool IMO. This is business. Choose a reasonable option for your player and get on with it but remember that it is youth soccer. It makes a lot more sense to choose based on location, coaching style, budget, etc, then league.

HS issue is a little confusing. My player will be faced with this next year. Can you play HS in the DA and then join later?

Playing games on Sat and Sunday, often after travelling long distances ( Club) and playing HS with its compressed schedule is not marketing spiel. its reality. At many College, they use apps like Fitfor90 etc to monitor players and if they are in the red, they dont play.

I dont need marketing to protect my child from overuse.

I think you hit on the biggest issue. Many parents dont have the knowledge to look out for themselves and are perhaps buying into the sales pitch.

Im not.

Comment

They were. But it sounds better to just go ecnl or edp i guess. I dont strongly differentiate between all the leagues like some do. On long island there are three gda clubs and HS is popular so it is unclear if these gda teams actually need more players and would welcome HS players.some additional players after the HS season.
          Sorry if I sound cold. I don't mean it to be.

What I'm trying to say is this group of kids looks at each other, and knows that they worked out together, they spent the same time in hotels and cars and restaurants. The won together, and lost together. There's inside jokes and things they experienced together. Nobody missed a practice because they had hockey tickets or a sleepover. I've seen kids come into a team mid-year and they aren't always welcomed in initially. But, like I said, if someone is good it's funny how that goes away....

I post that knowing it's a bit silly. While I get the all-for-one and one-for-all approach, the sad reality is we are all out for what is best for our own families.

Do what is best and like you, I'm not tied to one league or another. For us, for now, DA fits better.

Comment

What can parents/players who are committed and buy into it do about the "rule breakers"?
            I will answer your question after I pick up my kid from HS Soccer practice.

Comment

HS players are sweating out on the field in August but that is not enough?
              In fact most are playing even more - it's usually 6 days a week with HS between 2-3 games and practices on non game days. It's not like they're sitting around eating chips

Comment

In fact most are playing even more - it's usually 6 days a week with HS between 2-3 games and practices on non game days. It's not like they're sitting around eating chips
                Who is monitoring that activity?

Comment

Who is monitoring that activity?
                  obviously you are

Comment

obviously you are
                    Not me. Don’t have a HS aged kid

But seriously who is looking at the kids development and monitoring their activity. Pediatrician?

Comment

But seriously who is looking at the kids development and monitoring their activity. Pediatrician?
                      Gimme a break! You're talking about teenagers playing a sport for their school for 6-8 weeks and you want a pediatrician monitoring their development and activity??? You are exactly what is wrong with youth sports...get real.

Comment

Obviously. Who has an unhealthy or ill child participating in sports activities in school or anywhere else?

Comment

Obviously. Who has an unhealthy or ill child participating in sports activities in school or anywhere else?
                          Whhooooossshhh. Right over your head

Comment

Whhooooossshhh. Right over your head
                            lol. not at all. considered if you could have meant some type of tax payer funded digital monitoring of HS athletes but discarded that idea as pretty ridiculous. think the wooooosh was over your head. kids have played HS sports for decade before digital monitoring came around and they will play for decades after it is gone.

Comment

lol. not at all. considered if you could have meant some type of tax payer funded digital monitoring of HS athletes but discarded that idea as pretty ridiculous. think the wooooosh was over your head. kids have played HS sports for decade before digital monitoring came around and they will play for decades after it is gone.
                              It's not even consistently used at the college level. Just because a technology exists doesn't mean it needs to always be used. Somehow athletes have survived the millennia without it.

Comment

Luddites.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X