Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Actually Aloha soccer had (not sure about now) the largest soccer program in TH and has rec, development and classic programs. I am not involved now but I am pretty sure they would lease for the year given a choice.

What some don't seem to understand is that kids start playing soccer in micros (k/1st grade) like their teams and want to continue on together. What THJSL really needs is a better way to work together and transition Aloha and other rec clubs to the "classic" program. I don't know that this is the best way to go about change, but they do have a point. Those involved in THJSL understand.

Rec and classic parent again
    "What some don't seem to understand" - i'd say the vast majority of competitive players started in k/1st micoro. - in this audiance.

Comment

Actually Aloha soccer had (not sure about now) the largest soccer program in TH and has rec, development and classic programs. I am not involved now but I am pretty sure they would lease for the year given a choice.

What some don't seem to understand is that kids start playing soccer in micros (k/1st grade) like their teams and want to continue on together. What THJSL really needs is a better way to work together and transition Aloha and other rec clubs to the "classic" program. I don't know that this is the best way to go about change, but they do have a point. Those involved in THJSL understand.

Rec and classic parent again
      Again, the question needs to be: is there a conflict of interest? There is no way to answer no.

About the laughable using the park example...if my family had an uncle who gave my family exclusive rights to a city park, everyone would be upset.

Comment

"What some don't seem to understand" - i'd say the vast majority of competitive players started in k/1st micoro. - in this audiance.
        ...and want to continue playing with their team.

How do you transition to classic and build unity among THJSL clubs?

Comment

...and want to continue playing with their team.

How do you transition to classic and build unity among THJSL clubs?
          Merge....

Too many clubs.

Comment

Merge....

Too many clubs.
            How and how many for TH and how many for Portland area? Been through this again and again on other threads, still waiting for real solutions. Many want to play. When and how are the coaches and clubs going to work together for the kids?

Comment

Easy, Bill Knable, Denny Doyle, and Chuck Keers need to go away.

Then smoother sailing for all of us.

Comment

This has already been hashed out relentlessly(see older subjects) on these boards.

Watch, this thread will soon be taken over by a medicated a**hole who will tirelessly bring up Bill Kanable and Denny Doyle. These guy(or whatever it is) hates the Timbers too and will bring them into it as well.

Once and for all, find a friend, and get a life.

It appears you spend way to much time on this website.

Is there more to the story?

Comment

Aloha needs to try to merge with THUSC or WST. Then they get fields and a crappy little club goes away. Easy.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                    aloha needs to try to merge with thusc or wst. Then they get fields and a crappy little club goes away. Easy.
                    yes!!!

Comment

Again, the question needs to be: is there a conflict of interest? There is no way to answer no.

About the laughable using the park example...if my family had an uncle who gave my family exclusive rights to a city park, everyone would be upset.
                      What's laughable is your lack of understanding. The comment was about taxes, not exclusive deals. Those are separate points. It has nothing to do with the conflict that seems to have you so upset. Is there the same conflict with THUSC too? My understanding is THUSC and Westside aren't exactly best buddies.

Comment

Rec parents need to just let it go. Their kids are rec for a reason. The competitive clubs helped to build the fields. Little Nick can use the grass fields for the 2 months of the year he plays. My son had no problem finding fields when he played for Aloha Youth. Not sure why they are having so much trouble now.

Comment

What's laughable is your lack of understanding. The comment was about taxes, not exclusive deals. Those are separate points. It has nothing to do with the conflict that seems to have you so upset. Is there the same conflict with THUSC too? My understanding is THUSC and Westside aren't exactly best buddies.
                          Yes, for some reason the fact that THUSC uses them and has the same deal as WST is getting ignored. WST is the big bad wolf but no mention of THUSC.

Comment

Yes, for some reason the fact that THUSC uses them and has the same deal as WST is getting ignored. WST is the big bad wolf but no mention of THUSC.
                            If you remember right WST tried to kick THUSC out as well.

Comment

I am a parent. Is it really right for even WST youngest players to be practicing on the turf fields all the time starting next week? NO!

THUSC have the same opp?

These are NOT private fields. THPRD said these would be for the publics use.

Comment

I am a parent. Is it really right for even WST youngest players to be practicing on the turf fields all the time starting next week? NO!

THUSC have the same opp?

These are NOT private fields. THPRD said these would be for the publics use.
                                Yes!!! THUSC hace the same opportunity. They practice on the SAME turf fields. Ask TA which teams he chose to place on them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X