Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Like I said. More get identified to find 20. What I said is if you are not identified early, you have a snow balls chance in hell. Maybe an occasional unicorn.
    Agreed. Very rare to find a diamond in the rough in girls soccer after U14. Some stars do flatline at that age but rare for a "late bloomer" to rise to the top U14 and above.

Comment

Agreed. Very rare to find a diamond in the rough in girls soccer after U14. Some stars do flatline at that age but rare for a "late bloomer" to rise to the top U14 and above.
      Yes that's why US soccer training centers evaluate 11 to 14 year olds girls for youth national team potential.

https://www.ussoccer.com/us-under14-...center-program

Comment

What a tool. 4 blips in a million. Douche. I was a late bloomer. Played in a college final 4. My kids are late bloomers and the best kid i ever coached played at an acc school as a late bloomer. Douche or are you russian
        Skippy ... a lot has changed from when you played.

Comment

Yes that's why US soccer training centers evaluate 11 to 14 year olds girls for youth national team potential.

https://www.ussoccer.com/us-under14-...center-program
          They dont identify anything if they did they might get the best players to choose from. What they get is referals from insiders that dont go out and look for talent they just get looks from whatever club they are affilated with.
          The best current player in this state is not on their watch list- that makes no sense- i have no idea if she is good enough but they dont either, and she may very well be
          Thats the problem

Comment

You played girls soccer in college? If not, find the talking glory y ars blog and bring your garbage onto that site. See ya al bundy!
            Polk HS class of 75
            GOAT candidate

Comment

What a tool. 4 blips in a million. Douche. I was a late bloomer. Played in a college final 4. My kids are late bloomers and the best kid i ever coached played at an acc school as a late bloomer. Douche or are you russian
              Is that you LaVar? Tell us how you would beat Jordan 1 on 1 again. If Madrid had your kid and Yankee had Ronaldo, Yankee would still suck but Madrid would be better right?

Comment

Is that you LaVar? Tell us how you would beat Jordan 1 on 1 again. If Madrid had your kid and Yankee had Ronaldo, Yankee would still suck but Madrid would be better right?
                Lonzo couldnt cash the checks LaVar was writting with his mouth
                Wasnt even the best player on his team last night
                White wine with your crow sir?

Comment

They dont identify anything if they did they might get the best players to choose from. What they get is referals from insiders that dont go out and look for talent they just get looks from whatever club they are affilated with.
                  The best current player in this state is not on their watch list- that makes no sense- i have no idea if she is good enough but they dont either, and she may very well be
                  Thats the problem
                  Ok genius, who is the best player in the state?

Comment

Ok genius, who is the best player in the state?
                    Last year it was JM as voted by the people who are supposed to know
                    But it dorsnt matter who it is and what stae youre talking about. The point is
                    Ct should have 10 kids at every age group at regional camp same with RI mass obviously more and so on. Finding the best takes work because they arent always at ODP or a big club
                    But this wont change until they actually want the best-

Comment

It seems the big difference between the US and the rest of the world is that from about 14 or 15, every day in the foreign club is climb or wither against your peer set which is probably a good sized pool of hungry kids that I is constantly being turned as talent comes and goes. The pressure must be intense. Here, you make the one cut at 14/15, you're pretty much assured A team status for the remainder of your club days. Does the US develop fine players. Sure. But that honing all of the time in the foreign clubs truly produces some wondrous talent. I just don't think the US has a big enough talent pool or the infrastructure to run through a grinder like that. Pulisic survived that life and may become the greatest field player the US has ever produced. A truly wonderful talent.

Comment

Ct should have 10 kids at every age group at regional camp same with RI mass obviously more and so on. Finding the best takes work because they arent always at ODP or a big club
                        Odp is dead. No one will go near that rotting carcus. Mario is a good guy. Not his fault.

Comment

Go look at is wlmens team bios and find me a late bloomer who was a field player. Doubt you find one. Maybe a goalie who grow a couple inches and gets more athletic. Face it dbag.....you have no facts to support your theory. Apparently you don't like mine Which includes all the Ct players in the last 5 years and all the new women's national pool players.
                          Alex Morgan. Game. Set. Match.

Comment

Last year as in over JB? Or this year as in over KL? Please.

Comment

It seems the big difference between the US and the rest of the world is that from about 14 or 15, every day in the foreign club is climb or wither against your peer set which is probably a good sized pool of hungry kids that I is constantly being turned as talent comes and goes. The pressure must be intense. Here, you make the one cut at 14/15, you're pretty much assured A team status for the remainder of your club days. Does the US develop fine players. Sure. But that honing all of the time in the foreign clubs truly produces some wondrous talent. I just don't think the US has a big enough talent pool or the infrastructure to run through a grinder like that. Pulisic survived that life and may become the greatest field player the US has ever produced. A truly wonderful talent.
                              The intense, brutal process does not exist in the US because of the college
                              scholarship option - simple.

The rest of the world has no college option. It's up or out. A very brutal but
                              stunningly efficient process.

Comment

Alex Morgan. Game. Set. Match.
                                Seeing that she didn't start playing soccer until 14, she was identified pretty quickly. She was called up to the u17 national team camp. Tore her acl playing against boys, but was back at 17 years old on the u20 national team.

You still want to use her as a late bloomer example.

Jack Azz!

I'm sorry your kid hasn't even been identified in a diminished odp program, her hs program and her club b team or college coaches. Maybe she will walk on to penn state and make the uswnt for the next World Cup because her dad walked on to a middling college program in the 80s.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X