Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are most FL soccer parents so clueless ???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are wrong- talent plus brains plus Florida Bright Futures= Free
    Sorry your child falls short!
    Did your son inherit your humility also? Lol So he got a scholarship to play D1 soccer somewhere, but you mention Florida Bright Futures as part of the package which implies he will attend a Florida school. UF, FSU and UM don't have soccer programs so it sounds like a kid with brains chose to go to a tier 2 university just so he could continue playing soccer.

Attending UF, FSU or UM with the good student playing on their club team for fun seems a better long term decision.

Comment

This is such a worn out topic, the popularity of soccer ! All of my children play currently play competitive soccer as did I when I was growing up. With that I am also realistic in the understanding that the money that is given for soccer alone is not worth the effort we as parents spend in the teen years to have the opportunity to have college coaches look at them. Soccer is not forever, but knowledge is. Put the amount of effort into education as you do soccer so that your child is set for life.
      You played, your kids play and people play and watch for the love of the game. No one would suffer pain for the slim chance of a scholarship.

Comment

Maybe- but did you actually READ the post? Their child qualifies for FL Bright Futures- typical football player. And YES- it's because of American football that men's soccer programs suffer or are non-exsistant at many colleges??
        You can blame title 9 for no money in men's sports

Comment

Post soccer reality

Let see my private high school was 19k, soccer 5k this year. Now my child is going to UF.

No travel soccer, no private school tuition and going to UF. I should be ahead 15k this year. Do not tell my wife she does not need any more purses.

Comment

Post soccer reality

Let see my private high school was 19k, soccer 5k this year. Now my child is going to UF.

No travel soccer, no private school tuition and going to UF. I should be ahead 15k this year. Do not tell my wife she does not need any more purses.
            Haha. Most of us will be ahead once they go off to college and have no soccer bills!

Comment

Lets cut to the heart of the matter. People should have invested in FL prepaid long ago. Then the game could be fun instead of some damn personal competition of 95% of the players chasing some fictional D1 full ride offer. Winning the 2nd tier at Disney gets you no extra points with admissions. Enjoy the student loans. Hillary is not around to forgive them.
              5k vs 8k-10k over 5 years (competitive kids, good coaches, and close to decent soccer usually)...priceless.

Comment

5k vs 8k-10k over 5 years (competitive kids, good coaches, and close to decent soccer usually)...priceless.
                X three kids = pricey

Comment

X three kids = pricey
                  Isn't that given regardess? Or are you starting another thread on Dave Ramsey?

Comment

Truth

Here is the reality:

1. Full rides from an athletic standpoint don't typically exist for soccer. However, a combination of athletic, academic and financial aid can certainly bring the cost down.
                    2. It is even harder for boys to get athletic money for soccer as there are not as many scholarships available relative to the girls (more college girl's programs than boys)
                    3. What little athletic money is available for boys is given to the foreign players.
                    4. Given 2&3, it is hard for an American boy to make a college team, much less receive any funding.

Comment

You just put a price on it dumba**! Decent soccer in America = Not even on European or South American Rec or Uncoached Streetball in those countries.

Comment

You just put a price on it dumba**! Decent soccer in America = Not even on European or South American Rec or Uncoached Streetball in those countries.
                        And you're still paying regardless dumba**!

Comment

Title IX

You can blame title 9 for no money in men's sports
                          Yes, many schools don't even have men's soccer because of this (UF, FSU, Miami, etc.). So there are less boys spot available. Then on the boy's side, many teams use a large number of foreign players. Some schools are almost exclusively foreign with just a couple of Americans

So title 9 plus foreign students = very few opportunities for American males.

Comment

Yes, many schools don't even have men's soccer because of this (UF, FSU, Miami, etc.). So there are less boys spot available. Then on the boy's side, many teams use a large number of foreign players. Some schools are almost exclusively foreign with just a couple of Americans

So title 9 plus foreign students = very few opportunities for American males.
                            If your son's dream is to play college soccer there is a team for him somewhere.

Comment

If your son's dream is to play college soccer there is a team for him somewhere.
                              Not true...

Comment

Not true...
                                Yes, it's true.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X