Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edp

Anyone have thoughts on the edp whose kid has been in it? I'm new to the area.

My kid has been in it. Excellent competition, a little bit of traveling but not a big deal

Comment

All depends on the bracket - EDP is huge and has many levels. Top bracket is excellent. 2nd bracket still very, very good. Below that the quality drops off. Agree with the travel but it's the price of playing in a regional league. ECNL, NPL...no matter what you're in you're car. EDP is almost all just NY, CT and NJ.

EDP also runs a Cup event as well. Makes CT State Cup look like Kindersoccer

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Anyone have thoughts on the edp whose kid has been in it? I'm new to the area.
        EDP is one of the strongest leagues in metro area. One of the reasons is that it's a team based league. Meaning that teams are placed based on their strength and not based on reputation of club. Agree that D1 and D2 are the best and drop off after that

Comment

EDP is one of the strongest leagues in metro area. One of the reasons is that it's a team based league. Meaning that teams are placed based on their strength and not based on reputation of club. Agree that D1 and D2 are the best and drop off after that
          Except for npl division. Exclusive place.ent by club strength.

Comment

Except for npl division. Exclusive place.ent by club strength.
            True but most of those clubs have strong teams

Comment

Our team is in a 2nd bracket and games tend to be close amd competitive. Blowouts are rare

Comment

True but most of those clubs have strong teams
                It's the most important one and exempts them from playing all of THE top teams. Its a shame.

Comment

It's the most important one and exempts them from playing all of THE top teams. Its a shame.
                  Of all spots that one should be earned.

Comment

EDP is in a war with NYCSL. Interesting to see who comes out on top.

Comment

I'm in CT, forgive this question but is NYCSL only in NY?

If yes, how can they compete with EDP which is in several states?

Comment

Several CT clubs are in NYCSL. CT has CCSL which is part of the same broad organization but it's only for younger in state teams (trying to take over CJSA). The clubs who are NYCSL are looking for stronger regional competition. Like EDP the top bracket is good but drops off after that. I've had kids in both and would say EDP is stronger, but top NYCSL beats CJSA by a wide margin.

Comment

With GDA and boys ECNL starting up its a battle for th e the other leagues to stay relevant

Comment

Nycsl has some teams in CT, NJ and even upstate NY. They are mostly LI teams

EDP has teams down to Maryland with teams in DE, S Jersey, Central/N Jersey, NY and CT. It's a much larger organization

NYCSL has grown with CCSL and Metropolitan Leagues but still pales in comparison

Comment

So is edp first division worth the drive from ct?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X