•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There's a loose affiliation now. The clubs scrimmaged earlier in the Spring

I believe the early affiliation was an attempt to get field access For BS

Yes they did scrimmage a few weeks ago and last year. Most matches are supposedly very even most time - ours was for sure. Not all AC players were top notch but there were plenty of boys that could hang in DA.

BS parent

Comment

That was pretty much an on-paper thing that fizzled during Year 1. But a few players have gone to BS and some BS players have moved to AC. Yes they will definitely be competing for some players but not all. In the HS ages BS is DA only, which not all AC boys want or are able to do. AC offers them a good Greek free alternative :)
      In addition to DA, BS also offers boys premier teams to those player who want to play in high school.

Comment

In addition to DA, BS also offers boys premier teams to those player who want to play in high school.
        They have three combined age HS teams 01/02; 00/01; 99/00

Comment

BS boys premier teams are not good

Comment

Nope. If you can't make the DA squad I'd look elsewhere. The fact that they combine ages shows they don't have enough players

Comment

Nope. If you can't make the DA squad I'd look elsewhere. The fact that they combine ages shows they don't have enough players

But they have enough players when they combine age groups to field three teams, so you are incorrect. Is there some kind of issue with teams that span a 2-year age group? At these older ages, it's really not that big a deal. High schools deal with a much larger age gap, typically four years, as they build their programs. Lots of younger ones end up at varsity alongside the older ones there. I don't see the concern here at the DA or premier club level at all.

Comment

But they have enough players when they combine age groups to field three teams, so you are incorrect. Is there some kind of issue with teams that span a 2-year age group? At these older ages, it's really not that big a deal. High schools deal with a much larger age gap, typically four years, as they build their programs. Lots of younger ones end up at varsity alongside the older ones there. I don't see the concern here at the DA or premier club level at all.
                I agree its not a big deal per se. But just about every other team at other club is single aged. To me it says BS doesn't have enough, not that it's planned that way. If you don't make the A team do you want to stay, especially if there's other options?

Not the poster

Comment

It's a

- revenue killer for Bs
                  - it's bad PR
                  - sign of low enrollment

Comment

Money grab. They get no attention. It's for people who think the BS jersey is still a big deal.

Comment

It's a

- revenue killer for Bs
                      - it's bad PR
                      - sign of low enrollment
                      Agreed BS boys teams are weak and the club doesn't seem to care at all - we know a few kids that left there because of that. We've been with AC 2 years and the club keeps growing, but not at a crazy rate either to where it feels strained. Initially it was just HS aged teams but now I think they go down to U10 and has a few girls teams. Happy with our coaching, plenty of talent on our team, good competition. Club is trying to build the right way. My only nit is they don't use League Athletics or similar (at least our team doesn't) for scheduling. Then you're trying to find the team email with the practice info or looking up league game schedules. But overall it's been a better than average club experience - with three players in our house we've seen it all.

Comment

Agreed BS boys teams are weak and the club doesn't seem to care at all - we know a few kids that left there because of that. We've been with AC 2 years and the club keeps growing, but not at a crazy rate either to where it feels strained. Initially it was just HS aged teams but now I think they go down to U10 and has a few girls teams. Happy with our coaching, plenty of talent on our team, good competition. Club is trying to build the right way. My only nit is they don't use League Athletics or similar (at least our team doesn't) for scheduling. Then you're trying to find the team email with the practice info or looking up league game schedules. But overall it's been a better than average club experience - with three players in our house we've seen it all.
                        New to this site. I have an interesting question and would appreciate honest feedback (not club bashing). If you're a current 2004 boy, very talented/solid premier player, but possibly not quite ready for step up to DA, what's the best team/club option for the upcoming year to prepare for DA? Fairfield County only please.

Comment

AC CT = Sporting of the South

Comment

New to this site. I have an interesting question and would appreciate honest feedback (not club bashing). If you're a current 2004 boy, very talented/solid premier player, but possibly not quite ready for step up to DA, what's the best team/club option for the upcoming year to prepare for DA? Fairfield County only please.
                            Everton
                            AC CT
                            That's it

Comment

AC CT = Sporting of the South
                              No. Not even close. Sporting does a decent job training younger players and the better ones will move up the soccer ladder as they get older. AC started with HS focus and is moving younger. They want a club that trains and keeps talent. They actually have placed kids on college programs in their short history - how about Sporting?

Comment

Everton
                                AC CT
                                That's it
                                I'd agree with those two above but qualify EA only if it's an NPL team. Not sure what age CFCU starts and with their new facility in Bethany you can do it from Ffld county but it will still be an ugly ride. Possibly Revolution if you get the right coach, but that club is slipping a bit since Ole got involved.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X