X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So anything not ECNL is Rec+ to you?
    Must be that local ECNL teams are nothing more than Rec+ level then. Look at like to like opponents in FWRL and Washington league play. GPS has crushed teams that have beat Washington ECNL teams that beat our local ECNL teams.

Cant have it both ways.
    Same with 01 Thorns Academy. Ecnl is a good option for some but there are other good options like Academy and Gps.

Comment

Has GPS even played a real ECNL team? Have they beaten one? Didn't think so. When you have, you can come back on here chirping. Until then, back to the Rec+ league.
      Unfortunately, Oregon doesn't have any real ECNL teams.

Comment

Unfortunately, Oregon doesn't have any real ECNL teams.
        They tried but both teams quit the tournament. The FC Portland crew never beat the group when they were Tiki Taka and GPS loaded on six or seven more top players that all turned down ECNL..so safe to assume GPS would prevail albeit the match would be terrific.

Comment

Has GPS even played a real ECNL team? Have they beaten one? Didn't think so. When you have, you can come back on here chirping. Until then, back to the Rec+ league.
          Here's the difference between me and you. I respect all teams that are out playing the game. I don't pass judgement on other teams. You come on here disparaging others. When you are called on your BS, you come back with this. Not chirping, just pointing out to you that ECNL teams lose to teams that play in state leagues, so its ridiculous for you to say everything but ECNL is Rec+. Unless, of course, you consider the local U14 ECNL teams to also be Rec. If thats not the case, tell me how I am wrong.

Comment

So anything not ECNL is Rec+ to you?
            Must be that local ECNL teams are nothing more than Rec+ level then. Look at like to like opponents in FWRL and Washington league play. GPS has crushed teams that have beat Washington ECNL teams that beat our local ECNL teams.

Cant have it both ways.
            What age are we talking here? Must be super young . . . like 11 and 12 year olds? ECNL teams don't play FWRL or in Washington league play. And forgive my ignorance but what does the "GPS" acronym stand for? Who have they been "crushing?"

Comment

What age are we talking here? Must be super young . . . like 11 and 12 year olds? ECNL teams don't play FWRL or in Washington league play. And forgive my ignorance but what does the "GPS" acronym stand for? Who have they been "crushing?"
              Ghillsboro Public Soccer

The G is silent, which is confusing.

Comment

I just looked it up. Global Premier Soccer Club? LOL Are white kids allowed in this club too?

Comment

Ghillsboro Public Soccer

The G is silent, which is confusing.
                  Try to say that five times fast.

Comment

They tried but both teams quit the tournament. The FC Portland crew never beat the group when they were Tiki Taka and GPS loaded on six or seven more top players that all turned down ECNL..so safe to assume GPS would prevail albeit the match would be terrific.
                    How does GPS explain only tying the Crossfire B team, twice? Two times. Both ECNL teams killed them. They can't. Unclassy club.

Comment

How does GPS explain only tying the Crossfire B team, twice? Two times. Both ECNL teams killed them. They can't. Unclassy club.
                      I'll explain. First was in the summer. 6 girls were in Sweden which meant half the team had never played with each other before. Second time, sometimes you don't score. It happens. GPS played them again last month in the nwcl finals and beat them 5-0 I think. GPS had only one tie in nwcl. CU lost a game. It happens.

What makes the club unclassy? An odd thing to say about 13 year olds playing soccer.

Comment

I'll explain. First was in the summer. 6 girls were in Sweden which meant half the team had never played with each other before. Second time, sometimes you don't score. It happens. GPS played them again last month in the nwcl finals and beat them 5-0 I think. GPS had only one tie in nwcl. CU lost a game. It happens.

What makes the club unclassy? An odd thing to say about 13 year olds playing soccer.
                        GPS is not a club. They are under the umbrella of HSC. On the OYSA web site has HSC listed, not GPS.

Comment

Funny. Unclassy people calling others unclassy. You are the definition of what is wrong with youth soccer in Oregon. No other explanation needed. Check the rankings. Before you get too cocky, imagine if they had played every match with rankings in mind. Does your team freely substitute regardless of the score, or do you worry about your image on talking soccer when you make coaching decisions? Do you listen to parents groan when you insert the lesser players? Do certain girls bog your practice down? That's why ECNL is in a downward spiral in Oregon. You spend too much time on here trying to recruit and not nearly enough time on developing the players you have.

Comment

Funny. Unclassy people calling others unclassy. You are the definition of what is wrong with youth soccer in Oregon. No other explanation needed. Check the rankings. Before you get too cocky, imagine if they had played every match with rankings in mind. Does your team freely substitute regardless of the score, or do you worry about your image on talking soccer when you make coaching decisions? Do you listen to parents groan when you insert the lesser players? Do certain girls bog your practice down? That's why ECNL is in a downward spiral in Oregon. You spend too much time on here trying to recruit and not nearly enough time on developing the players you have.
                            Not a recruiter. Just an outside parent who is sick and tired of GPS drivel and obvious attempt to slam other teams to keep their precious 03s together. GPS has been stating ECNL teams have been running scared. THAT is unclassy and I can go on and on and dredge up post after post that shows the club's unclassiness on this board. It's ridiculous. Somehow the excuse of only tying the Crosssfire team twice explains things enough that they can't even entertain the idea that one of the ECNL teams can give them a run for their money. Until you play them, maybe GPS should shut their mouths and realize EVERYONE can explain away losses and ties as GPS just did. If you can't get that, it shows your club is not only unclassy but ignorant too.

I haven't seen a single parent trash on their own girls like you just did.

Best of luck to GPS. Hope they learn some class. Dang rude on this board over and over again.

Comment

Not a recruiter. Just an outside parent who is sick and tired of GPS drivel and obvious attempt to slam other teams to keep their precious 03s together. GPS has been stating ECNL teams have been running scared. THAT is unclassy and I can go on and on and dredge up post after post that shows the club's unclassiness on this board. It's ridiculous. Somehow the excuse of only tying the Crosssfire team twice explains things enough that they can't even entertain the idea that one of the ECNL teams can give them a run for their money. Until you play them, maybe GPS should shut their mouths and realize EVERYONE can explain away losses and ties as GPS just did. If you can't get that, it shows your club is not only unclassy but ignorant too.

I haven't seen a single parent trash on their own girls like you just did.

Best of luck to GPS. Hope they learn some class. Dang rude on this board over and over again.
                              Sour grapes. Poster wasn't trash talking their own players... it reads as a reference to what ECNL parents must go through. As an outsider to both clubs I would say the bulk of the knocks on this board come from ECNL parents towards any other club that is having success. Just my two cents. Get ready for the put downs in 3,2,1...

Comment

Sour grapes. Poster wasn't trash talking their own players... it reads as a reference to what ECNL parents must go through. As an outsider to both clubs I would say the bulk of the knocks on this board come from ECNL parents towards any other club that is having success. Just my two cents. Get ready for the put downs in 3,2,1...
                                No sour grapes here. An outside parent too. I see. They are not bashing their own girls but rather parents of teams they never played and have no idea how their games go. Got it! Much better!

I stand by my opinion. GPS is unclassy and ignorant.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X