Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's naive to think that all the best players have been identified and placed on DA teams by U13.
    Another factor to consider is that there are many parents that don't wish to commit to the demands of DA. Many that I have spoken to want their kids to enjoy playing other sports and play in HS.
    It may not make sense to a parent that is mapping out college and career paths for their 12 year old, but it's reality.
    I totally agree mapping it out that early is nuts but it certainly does happen. And parents but into the into the fear that if their kid doesn't get in early with "the right club" they'll never get in. They also assume things will remain constant - that their 11-12 year old will maintain the same level of enthusiasm (many won't) and that their early growing stud will remain the stud (many won't as puberty levels the playing field).

Comment

Worthless? Tell that to C. Pulisic who was identified through the id2 program on the annual trip to Europe.

This year's squad (2003) will be heading over to Europe in a few weeks:

http://usclubsoccer.org/programs/pla...2017-id2-nsit/

I sense some jealousy that your kid didn't or never made it.

I support your view that ID2 is still giving kids opportunity to experience international play and do something different. The DA is kindof a same ole same ole thing each year. US Training Centers are more like mixing area players to play matches (not much training involved per the name) but with a range of talent, and nothing happens after them. What are DA kids getting for broader training. They even play the same teams over and over, except at the two tournaments. It would be nice if DA gave more kids opportunities to play internationally. Not just the few who get on the national camps or team and they are picked so early. Missing ODP

Comment

I totally agree mapping it out that early is nuts but it certainly does happen. And parents but into the into the fear that if their kid doesn't get in early with "the right club" they'll never get in. They also assume things will remain constant - that their 11-12 year old will maintain the same level of enthusiasm (many won't) and that their early growing stud will remain the stud (many won't as puberty levels the playing field).
        There should be a DA rule that coaches need to change each year. or two, even GK coaches then players can benefit from a variety of coaches.

Comment

It's naive to think that all the best players have been identified and placed on DA teams by U13.
          Another factor to consider is that there are many parents that don't wish to commit to the demands of DA. Many that I have spoken to want their kids to enjoy playing other sports and play in HS.
          It may not make sense to a parent that is mapping out college and career paths for their 12 year old, but it's reality.
          Everyone wishes the recruiting timeline didn't start as young as it now does, but the reality is players now start getting identified as POTENTIAL scholarship prospects at roughly U12. The reality of club soccer today is many of these kids will have been exposed to club level coaching for up to 5-6 years by that point and so the idea that clubs can't identify a list the best U12 prospects in their area is utterly absurd. The reality is they aren't a very good club if they can't.

Comment

Everyone wishes the recruiting timeline didn't start as young as it now does, but the reality is players now start getting identified as POTENTIAL scholarship prospects at roughly U12. The reality of club soccer today is many of these kids will have been exposed to club level coaching for up to 5-6 years by that point and so the idea that clubs can't identify a list the best U12 prospects in their area is utterly absurd. The reality is they aren't a very good club if they can't.
            You are out of your mind if you think college coaches are looking at 11 yo kids as possible future prospects! They have plenty of other immediate scouting concerns without looking at 11 and 12 year old kids.

Comment

Ah, no unless you're talking about the next Messi, who won't go to college anyway. Even on the girls side U14 (8th grade) is the youngest and even then it's still the minority. Girls are Fresh/Soph year. Boys are a good year after that, with most boys recruiting taking place Soph/Junior year.

Comment

Ah, no unless you're talking about the next Messi, who won't go to college anyway. Even on the girls side U14 (8th grade) is the youngest and even then it's still the minority. Girls are Fresh/Soph year. Boys are a good year after that, with most boys recruiting taking place Soph/Junior year.
                You are completely and utterly out in left field without a clue about what is going on these days. Just go back over this site over the past 5-6 year and read the annual U13 threads. The whole focus has always shifted to recruiting in the U13 year. That is why they all freak out each year worrying about who has the best team and who has the best "impact" players. They are all trying to position their kids for a run at a scholarship. Most of the clubs now start educating their families about recruiting in the U14 year and start having their players attending college id clinics and inviting college coaches to games. A true top level team now has most of their players committed by the end of their freshman year. That is just the reality of today.

Comment

You are completely and utterly out in left field without a clue about what is going on these days. Just go back over this site over the past 5-6 year and read the annual U13 threads. The whole focus has always shifted to recruiting in the U13 year. That is why they all freak out each year worrying about who has the best team and who has the best "impact" players. They are all trying to position their kids for a run at a scholarship. Most of the clubs now start educating their families about recruiting in the U14 year and start having their players attending college id clinics and inviting college coaches to games. A true top level team now has most of their players committed by the end of their freshman year. That is just the reality of today.
                  The other reality is not all players are "top level." No need to freak people out if their kid isn't recruited on that timetable. It just feeds into the madness that his has become - everyone is afraid their kid will miss out so they push younger and younger. If your kid isn't ready for it, don't push it.

- not the op but have been through it once and doing it again now

Comment

Thanks so much, BTNT.

Comment

Btw, BTNT, you seem to have a very well-worn pattern of accepting as unchangeable what you endorse and not accepting what you don't.

We're all curious. Is there a floor to how early recruiting will eventually go? 7th grade? 5th? 3rd?

Comment

You are completely and utterly off base altogether.

Comment

You are completely and utterly off base altogether.
                          I'll bet my 3 D1 scholarships that I'm correct any day.

Comment

lol lol lol lol lol

Comment

Bragging on TS is always so credible

Comment

BTNT hasn't met any bragging he doesn't like nor any put-downs of others. He's the best in every conceivable way and no one but him on this site knows anything.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X