Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Rare, except, of course, for the litany of soopastahs' parents posting on here. The New England youth player today appears to be much more two-footed than the rest of the world.

Who knew?
    laff. didn't even know you southies know how to play soccer, but of course, you get those
    stupid paddies and mancs on work visas flooding the area with their so-called football
    knowledge.

Comment

Arjen Robben....proves that if you are good enough it doesn't matter!
      But he only goes one way. All the time.

Comment

My kid can use both feet equally well, dribbling, receiving, passing, shooting, and, yes, scoring. Well, truth is her right is slightly more powerful, but she doesn't hesitate and still scores with her left. Anyway, I've been told by several youth coaches that they don't care if a kid can use both feet, because they play the kid left or right depending on who they have. So, if a kid focuses on her right, she'll just get played on the right. Etc.

Comment

Xavi was never considered "fast". Cruyff, too.

People get too hung up with linear speed and forget about quickness and anticipation. Johan said it best:

"What is speed? The sports press often confuses speed with insight. See, if I start running slightly earlier than someone else, I seem faster."
          absolutelty

Comment

My kid can use both feet equally well, dribbling, receiving, passing, shooting, and, yes, scoring. Well, truth is her right is slightly more powerful, but she doesn't hesitate and still scores with her left. Anyway, I've been told by several youth coaches that they don't care if a kid can use both feet, because they play the kid left or right depending on who they have. So, if a kid focuses on her right, she'll just get played on the right. Etc.
            Wow, you're daughter is truly a remarkably unique player. Probably has a skillset in the top5-10% of the EPL.

Comment

Wow, you're daughter is truly a remarkably unique player. Probably has a skillset in the top5-10% of the EPL.
              In the land of one footed players...the two footed player is king.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X