Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So when does NEFC pull the plug on the Girls tournament?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So when does NEFC pull the plug on the Girls tournament?

Big weekend coming up but huge snow storm and cold temperatures on the way. When do they pull the plug? Second rate anyway with Jeff Cup going on the same weekend. All the real teams and coaches are at Jeff Cup anyway.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Big weekend coming up but huge snow storm and cold temperatures on the way. When do they pull the plug? Second rate anyway with Jeff Cup going on the same weekend. All the real teams and coaches are at Jeff Cup anyway.
    Temps will be in the 40's Sat and Sunday and all week to get the fields cleared. It was done 2 years ago after 6 feet of snow dropped all Winter. I guess they will have to play with all the fake teams and coaches.

Comment

I didn't hear of any player deaths during the tournament games that were actually played today, so I think your kid should be OK with temps 20deg warmer next weekend. Snow will be fresh and easy to clear by the weekend. Good luck and have fun!

Comment

Weather should be fine. My fake player and his fake team are staying local and playing up an age group to get some good competition. We are saving some real money.

Comment

Unbelievable hate here. I for one am glad our D team is playing local next week. I cringe at the thought of driving to Jefferson. It's not a showcase for u14 and below. What's the point really ?

Comment

10-20 degree nights all week freezing the base under the turf and ice embedded in the turf itself after plowing have to be concerning. Lots of potential for injury even if it warms to 40 Saturday. Good to get out and play but but odds are against it.

Comment

This really doesn't compete with Jeff Cup. The u15 and above Showcase event is the following weekend. Going all the way to Richmond with your u12 superstar isn't really necessary.

It's going to require a pretty big effort to pull this off this year. Snow totals look substantial. It's an expensive proposition to clear that many fields.

Comment

This really doesn't compete with Jeff Cup. The u15 and above Showcase event is the following weekend. Going all the way to Richmond with your u12 superstar isn't really necessary.

It's going to require a pretty big effort to pull this off this year. Snow totals look substantial. It's an expensive proposition to clear that many fields.
                This is Massachusetts! It will be fine by the weekend.

Comment

Two years ago they had a storm on the Thursday before, with piles of snow already everywhere and were able to plow and pull it off. Temps in 40's with 3 days to plow. Pretty sure it's more likely to happen than not. Enjoy your drive to Virginia though.

Comment

Jefferson Cup is the following weekend for the older age groups. There should be time to clear the fields, and the temperatures will be a lot warmer than this past weekend.....

Comment

This post could have been made without a shot at the "second rate tournament".

Comment

My nine year old and her teammates played on those fields at GPS two weeks ago. It was 15 degrees with a 20 mph wind. Girls had to bundle up, but they pushed through it and had fun. Was it ideal? No, but in comparison 40 degrees next weekend will be like playing in Bermuda.

I haven't yet gotten around to moving her to a southern California club to fulfill her national team destiny, but I'll put it at the top of my to do list to avoid playing in spring skiing weather.

Comment

Doing any of these tournaments really isn't necessary.

Comment

I didn't hear of any player deaths during the tournament games that were actually played today, so I think your kid should be OK with temps 20deg warmer next weekend. Snow will be fresh and easy to clear by the weekend. Good luck and have fun!
                            So now the standard is whether any kid dies playing a game?? Ask the girls who shredded an ACL or ankle or cant go to school today or no longer want o play because it was too uncomfortable.

Comment

So now the standard is whether any kid dies playing a game?? Ask the girls who shredded an ACL or ankle or cant go to school today or no longer want o play because it was too uncomfortable.
                              I thought snowflakes like cold weather, guess I was wrong...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X