Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foundation Soccer Club?

Anyone have any background on Foundation Soccer Club in New Britain? How does it stack up against other clubs? Is it premier or higher level (EDP, etc.) or just high end travel? From what I could tell on their website it doesn't appear to be DA level. Any inputs appreciated, thanks!

They were first offered both da and gda as well as both ecnl and epnl however they refused and were then given to ow, Cfc and fsa

Comment

That's funny..... Its glorified town travel at best.....nothing more.

Comment

It's pop-up quality premier but not an actual pop-up, as Foundation has been around a while. Teams feature more than a few travel/rec quality kids.

Comment

Everyone on TS is very snarky. Since you do not seem familiar with FSC, I will assume you are from the greater hartford area and that your child is likely your oldest and this is your first foray into premier. It's hard to give good suggestions as we do not know your exact location, and, more importantly, your child's gender or age. If your child isn't totally nuts about the sport, stick with your local travel program and save the money. If they can't get enough, I will presume that you want to help them get more and are looking to help them do this. My advice is not to pursue premier soccer to make a child that struggles with soccer into Messi .... it just doesn't work that way, so save yourself and your kid some headache and aggravation and stick with a suitable level ..... which maybe travel or even rec. I will assume your child is currently a U9 or U10 player. In any case, as a family new to premier, you will find that it may be a big jump for a travel player to a top 3 team around greater Hartford (OW, FSA Elite/Navy, CFC Wolves top team). OW, FSA, and CFC generally pool players at these ages. OW probably has the most depth in that pool at these ages followed by FSA and CFC so, IMHO, making an OW team will be the most difficult while FSA and CFC have substantially lower quality on the bottom end of their pools (should be easier for a kid to make one of their teams but making one of these teams is NOT guaranteed). Your child will generally make FSC or CFC Alliance if you go to them and want him/her to play there. Both of these clubs struggle just to field teams and they are very likely to take kids that struggle just to accomplish this. FSA and CFC Wolves do this to round out the bottom of their pools and collect more $$. OW seems to have a minimum bar. My point is not to tout and club over the other, but to set your expectations appropriately. For a kid just starting into premier, FSC can be a great first step to get their feet wet and get them playing more. If they do well, play more, and learn a lot in their first year, you will also see more and learn more and you will have more information about your kid's abilities relative to their FSC peers and some of these other local clubs as well. While everyone here will slam clubs like FSC or CFC Alliance, some kids can use these clubs as introductions to premier and stepping stones to something better. My best advice would be to call the coach at FSC and ask for your kid to work out with them 3 or 4 times to learn for yourself how good their players and coaches (as well as your own kid) are. Do the same for other local clubs and when you feel comfortable, make a decision with all of the new information you have. This option should get your kid a bunch of free premier workouts and it will cost you $0. Consider them as you making the clubs tryout to get your kid. All of the new information you gain through the process will really help you to make a comfortable, reasonable decision based on your first-hand knowledge and not rely on any of the garbage your hear from the self-absorbed fools you find here on TS. You owe it to yourself and your kid to do this work on your own if you want to find the right choice for him/her; remember, every parent here on TS has a top D1 prospect that is looking for a full ride and waiting for their invite to the USNT (90% of the parents here already have them .... yeah right!).

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Everyone on TS is very snarky. Since you do not seem familiar with FSC, I will assume you are from the greater hartford area and that your child is likely your oldest and this is your first foray into premier. It's hard to give good suggestions as we do not know your exact location, and, more importantly, your child's gender or age. If your child isn't totally nuts about the sport, stick with your local travel program and save the money. If they can't get enough, I will presume that you want to help them get more and are looking to help them do this. My advice is not to pursue premier soccer to make a child that struggles with soccer into Messi .... it just doesn't work that way, so save yourself and your kid some headache and aggravation and stick with a suitable level ..... which maybe travel or even rec. I will assume your child is currently a U9 or U10 player. In any case, as a family new to premier, you will find that it may be a big jump for a travel player to a top 3 team around greater Hartford (OW, FSA Elite/Navy, CFC Wolves top team). OW, FSA, and CFC generally pool players at these ages. OW probably has the most depth in that pool at these ages followed by FSA and CFC so, IMHO, making an OW team will be the most difficult while FSA and CFC have substantially lower quality on the bottom end of their pools (should be easier for a kid to make one of their teams but making one of these teams is NOT guaranteed). Your child will generally make FSC or CFC Alliance if you go to them and want him/her to play there. Both of these clubs struggle just to field teams and they are very likely to take kids that struggle just to accomplish this. FSA and CFC Wolves do this to round out the bottom of their pools and collect more $$. OW seems to have a minimum bar. My point is not to tout and club over the other, but to set your expectations appropriately. For a kid just starting into premier, FSC can be a great first step to get their feet wet and get them playing more. If they do well, play more, and learn a lot in their first year, you will also see more and learn more and you will have more information about your kid's abilities relative to their FSC peers and some of these other local clubs as well. While everyone here will slam clubs like FSC or CFC Alliance, some kids can use these clubs as introductions to premier and stepping stones to something better. My best advice would be to call the coach at FSC and ask for your kid to work out with them 3 or 4 times to learn for yourself how good their players and coaches (as well as your own kid) are. Do the same for other local clubs and when you feel comfortable, make a decision with all of the new information you have. This option should get your kid a bunch of free premier workouts and it will cost you $0. Consider them as you making the clubs tryout to get your kid. All of the new information you gain through the process will really help you to make a comfortable, reasonable decision based on your first-hand knowledge and not rely on any of the garbage your hear from the self-absorbed fools you find here on TS. You owe it to yourself and your kid to do this work on your own if you want to find the right choice for him/her; remember, every parent here on TS has a top D1 prospect that is looking for a full ride and waiting for their invite to the USNT (90% of the parents here already have them .... yeah right!).
            .... I forgot .... Sporting seems like a nice up and coming program too (and probably the closes geographically to FSC) so give them a call as well.

Comment

Why are you linking FSC and CFC Alliance? How does that make sense?

Comment

We did reach out to FSC in the past to learn more. Emails were never returned. Tells me all I need to know. Stick with the top 3-5 clubs in the area or stay with travel. You'll thank me later.

Comment

Why are you linking FSC and CFC Alliance? How does that make sense?
                  Do the math yourself and let me know if you come up with any similarities. This one's not hard.

Comment

Do the math yourself and let me know if you come up with any similarities. This one's not hard.
                    Right, they are both shyte, but why was CFC Alliance even referenced at all? More than once?

Comment

Right, they are both shyte, but why was CFC Alliance even referenced at all? More than once?
                      Both still better than the Shyte show Celtic got going on

A Leprechaun is running the Shyte show as well https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leprechaun

Comment

.... I forgot .... Sporting seems like a nice up and coming program too (and probably the closes geographically to FSC) so give them a call as well.
                        afc in the same general area too, worth a call.

Comment

afc in the same general area too, worth a call.
                          CFC Valley coaches do a great job with their players. They have a few college coaches on staff.

Comment

CFC Valley coaches do a great job with their players. They have a few college coaches on staff.
                            I think people are mixing up foundation which is in Middletown area I believe and foundation north which is in Tolland area.

Comment

I think people are mixing up foundation which is in Middletown area I believe and foundation north which is in Tolland area.
                              New Britain.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X