Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    1 hour id for ECNL. You can touch the ball once and beat everyone in a race and you make the TBU team. Why go?
    There are three sessions @ 1.5 hours each. Plus tryouts.

Comment

There are three sessions @ 1.5 hours each. Plus tryouts.
      1.25 to be exact with part being wasted to get organized. Let's call it an hour. What's the point if you have tryouts? Are you hosting the id camp to sign players or is them to tell them to come back to tryouts?

Comment

1.25 to be exact with part being wasted to get organized. Let's call it an hour. What's the point if you have tryouts? Are you hosting the id camp to sign players or is them to tell them to come back to tryouts?

TBU had 85+ girls per age group at ECNL tryouts last year. It was a madhouse and no one denies girls could have been overlooked in that setting. This is a way to be seen in smaller groups a few times before tryouts. They also get an idea of who really wants to be there.

Comment

Thought the ID clinic was well run and gives both parties (coaches, parents/players) a chance to interact before tryouts. What's not to like?

Comment

They may say not to come back.

Comment

Coaching List....PLEASE!!!!

Comment

At the beginning of the season, I sat in a parents/coach/players meeting where the coach said that "being on this team only gives you the opportunity to play on an ENCL team". There was NO promise that my player would ever see the field. It was what she did in training that gave her the opportunities throughout the season. Stop being a Snowflake, tell your player to woman-up and train every day at the highest energy level possible. Then and only then will the opportunities present themselves. If she does not...than there is the bench to sit on!!!
                These promises happen in a coach to player/family and not in general meetimngs. These promises do happen and they are simly an attempt to bolster signings which equals money. If telling the reality of the tryouts is being a "Snowflake" then so be it jackarse! Maybe your coach was bold enough to set those parameters for playing and actually held to them....then congrats. It should be based skill and effort.

Comment

These promises happen in a coach to player/family and not in general meetimngs. These promises do happen and they are simly an attempt to bolster signings which equals money. If telling the reality of the tryouts is being a "Snowflake" then so be it jackarse! Maybe your coach was bold enough to set those parameters for playing and actually held to them....then congrats. It should be based skill and effort.
                  As a parent...you should be able to tell if your kid is up to the skill and effort level needed for this league. Stop putting it all of the coaching staff! You crazies that think your kid is better than they really are, are the one complaining. Time for a reality check.

Comment

At the beginning of the season, I sat in a parents/coach/players meeting where the coach said that "being on this team only gives you the opportunity to play on an ENCL team". There was NO promise that my player would ever see the field. It was what she did in training that gave her the opportunities throughout the season. Stop being a Snowflake, tell your player to woman-up and train every day at the highest energy level possible. Then and only then will the opportunities present themselves. If she does not...than there is the bench to sit on!!!
                    Hey Snowflake,
                    The coaches only promised the opportunity to play with an ENCL team, not the promise to play in a game with an ECNL team. There is a huge difference that you need to understand.

Comment

Thought the ID clinic was well run and gives both parties (coaches, parents/players) a chance to interact before tryouts. What's not to like?
                      What is the point if you don't have coaches set. The ID camp may be useless. GF likes big and fast where the next coach might want a skilled player.

Comment

What is the point if you don't have coaches set. The ID camp may be useless. GF likes big and fast where the next coach might want a skilled player.
                        TBU is an integrated club. All the coaches weigh in on selections for all age groups. It happened last year and is again this year. The coaching list is not all that hypothetical. It will likely be the same group of coaches with maybe some different age year assignments. They are all solid coaches.

Comment

Hey Snowflake,
                          The coaches only promised the opportunity to play with an ENCL team, not the promise to play in a game with an ECNL team. There is a huge difference that you need to understand.
                          Way to ignore the part about being promised no more than 22. Doucheflake.

Comment

TBU is an integrated club. All the coaches weigh in on selections for all age groups. It happened last year and is again this year. The coaching list is not all that hypothetical. It will likely be the same group of coaches with maybe some different age year assignments. They are all solid coaches.
                            Then this is a stupid system.

I hope the coach that will spend 10 months deciding who plays selects the ones he wants, not what some other coach wants. Th others just end up on the bench, rather than finding the right fit for a coach.

Comment

Way to ignore the part about being promised no more than 22. Doucheflake.

Hey Snowflake,
                              I truly don't care what you call me... Doucheflake, Dickflake, Pussyflake, Assflake, Whateverflake....I have been call a lot but I don't hold that against you...OK, Snowflake!!

I have multiple kids in soccer.
                              There is never the promise to take only X amount of kids...EVER!!!! Maybe you should look at yourself...Maybe you think your kid is better than the coach that has been doing this for many many years and knows the game better than you and your snowflake kid.

If my kid was not in the TOP 16 (she is starter on one of the ECNL teams), we would have that discussion about what is best for her soccer career.... Sit the bench or start on a lesser team and get the playing/developmental time she needs to improve.

Signed,
                              Parent that is not living through my kid and is a realist on what my kid can do.

Comment

Then this is a stupid system.

I hope the coach that will spend 10 months deciding who plays selects the ones he wants, not what some other coach wants. Th others just end up on the bench, rather than finding the right fit for a coach.
                                Since you have never been on the coaching side of tryout at TBU, let me explain...

The other coaches do not pick the team, they only help identify players with the potential ability to play the game that the coach should look at. The coach of the team has final call of their team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X