Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If we are to improve in the ECNL after this learning, I expect that we will see teams restructured along true age vs playing up as we have many doing now, it will hurt some feelings yes, but it is what we honestly need to do to win

Win, I thought it was about making better soccer players. Winning is not important.

Comment

Win, I thought it was about making better soccer players. Winning is not important.
      Winning is a side effect of good development. Especially the older they get. Only a loser and scammer would sell different. Or a coach who habitually loses and needs to find excuse for not being able to develop.

Comment

TBU Girls ECNL and NPL ID Clinics 2017-2018 Start This Weekend

Total lie from the TBU side - the U17's were told in original meeting that girls not traveling would play NPL - never happened, played lesser CDL. AB & DF also stated that every player would have equal opportunity to travel and be showcased, again, never happened! Coach(es) continue to play the same players with not a lot of success; very few players are committed though most were promised commitment by the end of fall - it's almost Spring. It's time for mom and pop to leave the coaching to others with a more open, non-biased coaching approach.

Comment

Total lie from the TBU side - the U17's were told in original meeting that girls not traveling would play NPL - never happened, played lesser CDL. AB & DF also stated that every player would have equal opportunity to travel and be showcased, again, never happened! Coach(es) continue to play the same players with not a lot of success; very few players are committed though most were promised commitment by the end of fall - it's almost Spring. It's time for mom and pop to leave the coaching to others with a more open, non-biased coaching approach.
          I call B.S. on this entire post: "....very few players are committed though most were promised commitment by the end of fall...." There is no way that anybody at TBU "promises" girls that they will be committed!

Comment

Coaches were up front the best kids would play and travel the others would play games on lower level. Reality check for a lot of players and parents.
            Yes, but they never said that the best players would be their kids and the kids they privately coach, regardless if they are the best.

Comment

2000's need to watch out... heads are going to roll when JC takes overs...
              Great, but who is taking over the 2001 girls ECNL? It needs to happen badly.

Comment

Coaches were up front the best kids would play and travel the others would play games on lower level. Reality check for a lot of players and parents.
                It is not a reality check when the parents and kids are promised the extra training, the playing with the upper team as well as other opportunities that simply never come to fruition. The coaches want the numbers and will promise their arse off to get them. It is that simple. They don't give two craps about what they say, only how many kids they can sign and how much money they can con out of the parents!

Comment

Coaches should not be allowed to train their players for a fee. It creates the perception, real or not, that the coach is partial to the player that they are training.

Comment

It is not a reality check when the parents and kids are promised the extra training, the playing with the upper team as well as other opportunities that simply never come to fruition. The coaches want the numbers and will promise their arse off to get them. It is that simple. They don't give two craps about what they say, only how many kids they can sign and how much money they can con out of the parents!
                    At the beginning of the season, I sat in a parents/coach/players meeting where the coach said that "being on this team only gives you the opportunity to play on an ENCL team". There was NO promise that my player would ever see the field. It was what she did in training that gave her the opportunities throughout the season. Stop being a Snowflake, tell your player to woman-up and train every day at the highest energy level possible. Then and only then will the opportunities present themselves. If she does not...than there is the bench to sit on!!!

Comment

At the beginning of the season, I sat in a parents/coach/players meeting where the coach said that "being on this team only gives you the opportunity to play on an ENCL team". There was NO promise that my player would ever see the field. It was what she did in training that gave her the opportunities throughout the season. Stop being a Snowflake, tell your player to woman-up and train every day at the highest energy level possible. Then and only then will the opportunities present themselves. If she does not...than there is the bench to sit on!!!
                      This is true, but showcases were a different story. I was there too.

Comment

TBU Girls ECNL and NPL ID Clinics 2017-2018 Start This Weekend

Agree about the showcases. But promises were made!!! Maybe not to everyone but they were made - TBU is infamous for promises. As for practicing at highest level....agreed its up to the player to attend, perform and be dedicated, etc. But what remains is the starting line-up almost every game with little or no results in getting better as a team. Not to mention starting players aren't always at practice, dedicated and/perform!

Comment

There was a statement at tryouts that they were taking only 22 players. Then before you knew another 3-4 girls were added.

What about that promise?

Will the same thing happen again this year, when they are claiming they will take only 17?

How can i believe them? Any chance we can get that added to the contract? If not, why not...because it isn't true?

Comment

There was a statement at tryouts that they were taking only 22 players. Then before you knew another 3-4 girls were added.

What about that promise?

Will the same thing happen again this year, when they are claiming they will take only 17?

How can i believe them? Any chance we can get that added to the contract? If not, why not...because it isn't true?
                            It should absolutely be put in writing.

Comment

1 hour id for ECNL. You can touch the ball once and beat everyone in a race and you make the TBU team. Why go?

Comment

Coaches list please.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X