Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lol. 40 years of experience in all manner of ways but just happen to be clueless about how tournaments work.
    Right, because we had no club soccer growing up. In fact, we didn't even have a town rec program until I was in 6th grade. Played in low-level college, and in men's leagues in the last 20+ years. So, while I have decades of experience in the game, very little of it is in today's club soccer scene. Since my kid is 11, and has been in club soccer for 4 years now, we have limited experience at high-level tournaments.

Sorry if your balloon knot doesn't stink, but for the rest of us it may. While not clueless about tournaments overall, my question was related to a tournament we have no direct knowledge of since we aren't at the level to play in. That's kinda' how the world works...if you have a question, you ask it.

Again, have a pleasant day.

Comment

Wow. I've been involved with the game for 40 years, and am happy to see my daughter catch onto the love of it that I do. I watch games, I watch teams playing before hers, I watch it on TV, I play it, I've coached it, I've reffed it a little. So, while I do read through posts and reply on occasion, not sure what else that has to do.

That reply of mine was the first I had in this thread, and the first on any subject today.

Have a pleasant day!

Ignore most of the replys you get on here. Most of these guys still live in their parents basements and grandparents really take care of their kids. They just need to lash out on someone and it's really easy to do that here.

Comment

Right, because we had no club soccer growing up. In fact, we didn't even have a town rec program until I was in 6th grade. Played in low-level college, and in men's leagues in the last 20+ years. So, while I have decades of experience in the game, very little of it is in today's club soccer scene. Since my kid is 11, and has been in club soccer for 4 years now, we have limited experience at high-level tournaments.

Sorry if your balloon knot doesn't stink, but for the rest of us it may. While not clueless about tournaments overall, my question was related to a tournament we have no direct knowledge of since we aren't at the level to play in. That's kinda' how the world works...if you have a question, you ask it.

Better re-read your first post. Pathetic. If you aren't at a level to play in a tournament why would you wonder about being accepted? Or asking at all?

Please put a little more work into these daily threads.

Comment

Better re-read your first post. Pathetic. If you aren't at a level to play in a tournament why would you wonder about being accepted? Or asking at all?

Please put a little more work into these daily threads.
          This was my first post, azzhat:

Depends on your definition of "newbie". My kid is moving up the ladder, but there's a lot of rungs on that ladder and she has a long way to go. May be moving into a NPL team next year. We looked at the Jefferson Cup site and was floored, impressed, on how big that is.

So, yeah, I was studying the sites and looking at teams I know, where they are, etc. But, I read all stuff about the game all the time, so maybe I'm not normal.

Comment

This was my first post, azzhat:
            Actually, this was my first post:

Do they get axed, or do they open up a lower division?

Comment

Have a great day, BTNT.

Comment

Have a great day, BTNT.
                What is the year that we can look forward to your kid no longer being involved in youth soccer so that you can move on?

Comment

Have a great day, BTNT.
                  If that's directed at me, who admitted his lack of knowledge about club soccer, then you are way the fvck off base. Dude's a complete, arrogant tool.

Sad that one can't come on here to ask a question and not get a straight answer vs. a series of insults. Sadly, you aren't much better than him.

Comment

Yet your first post was that you've been in club soccer for one year, now it's four (and with an 10 year old she started when she was 7? ) Go back and re read your first post. You're getting sloppy with your fiction

Comment

Yet your first post was that you've been in club soccer for one year, now it's four (and with an 10 year old she started when she was 7? ) Go back and re read your first post. You're getting sloppy with your fiction
                      No sizzlechest, that wasn't my post.

You do realize many people can post on here, not only the thread-starter. Do you need vbulletin tutorial?

Comment

No sizzlechest, that wasn't my post.

You do realize many people can post on here, not only the thread-starter. Do you need vbulletin tutorial?
                        In the immortal words of one Ron Burgundy: "Well, that escalated quickly"

Comment

For the thread detective, intent on proving some point or just being a general a-hole, I have posted the following threads:

#3, #9, #12, #16, #19, #20, #23.

Peck away, FDB.

All started with an inquiry if they axe unqualified teams, or open up lower divisions. Since, it's been a chest-puffing contest. As is usual on here I suppose.

Comment

For the thread detective, intent on proving some point or just being a general a-hole, I have posted the following threads:

#3, #9, #12, #16, #19, #20, #23.

Peck away, FDB.

All started with an inquiry if they axe unqualified teams, or open up lower divisions. Since, it's been a chest-puffing contest. As is usual on here I suppose.
                            At least two different posters have responded to you. There was an assumption you had started with #1. And of course it's odd when a newbie is posting continuously out of the blue.

So, taking you at your word, whoever wrote #1 is a novelist as we know, and now your story makes even less sense. You're sticking with 4 years of club soccer with your kid (when you also highlighted your 40 years of non-club experience) and yet in 4 years you need to ask a silly question here. So you aren't very smart and as you already suggested, not normal.

Comment

At least two different posters have responded to you. There was an assumption you had started with #1. And of course it's odd when a newbie is posting continuously out of the blue.

So, taking you at your word, whoever wrote #1 is a novelist as we know, and now your story makes even less sense. You're sticking with 4 years of club soccer with your kid (when you also highlighted your 40 years of non-club experience) and yet in 4 years you need to ask a silly question here. So you aren't very smart and as you already suggested, not normal.
                              It's not a silly question. It started as something really simple: Do they axe clubs, or open up a lower level. I used Jefferson Cup as an example, as it's huge and quite impressive. So, my curiosity was piqued, and figured I'd try to latch onto this thread subject to ask. Instead, I'm accused of being BTNT...which I'd rather carve my own eyes out with a rust 16-penny nail, but cest la vie....

As for 4 years of club soccer and sticking with it...everyone has to start somewhere. What level she is at, where she has come from, and why she plays, is of little relevance nor interest to the question at hand.

Comment

It's not a silly question. It started as something really simple: Do they axe clubs, or open up a lower level. I used Jefferson Cup as an example, as it's huge and quite impressive. So, my curiosity was piqued, and figured I'd try to latch onto this thread subject to ask. Instead, I'm accused of being BTNT...which I'd rather carve my own eyes out with a rust 16-penny nail, but cest la vie....

As for 4 years of club soccer and sticking with it...everyone has to start somewhere. What level she is at, where she has come from, and why she plays, is of little relevance nor interest to the question at hand.
                                Here's your answer. (You finally had me at "carve out my own eyes with a rusty nail). Top tournaments like Jefferson don't add levels because of demand. And even lower level tournaments might not add due to restrictions on resources (fields, refs, etc).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X