Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    pugh is just a newer faster version of the old horses. Yes she is one of the best on the US, but she will soon be too heavy, not being mean, its just physics, the quickness will be gone. maybe she can hang on in the midfield. Dunn is a solid threat, and with others like heath and Mewis it seems they can apply pressure. Our back line is miserable, and completely exposed playing 3 back. to me it seems overall team fitness is lacking and shows as the games go on.
    How will she be "heavy" when she trains and plays as often as she does? Mewis is a slow poke. Can't stand her and think she is as useless as they come.

Comment

How will she be "heavy" when she trains and plays as often as she does? Mewis is a slow poke. Can't stand her and think she is as useless as they come.
      Mewis is fine as holding mid. I don't get the Dunn love, I just don't see it. Jury is out on Lavelle, hopefully the boys in Boston don't damage her game too much. Pugh is a stud and will be around for many years to come.

Comment

Same as Horan..... Horan and Mewis lack any creativity or technical ability in the midfield. They are both big, slow, and cumbersome, like watching Tom Brady try to run.....

Comment

Same as Horan..... Horan and Mewis lack any creativity or technical ability in the midfield. They are both big, slow, and cumbersome, like watching Tom Brady try to run.....
          hey, Brady ran for a huge first down in the Super Bowl. Ill admit I was able to hit the bathroom, grab another beer, and walk the dog before the play was over, but it was a thing of beauty

Comment

I agree. The future of womens soccer will be filled with smaller, Fast, technical, creative players that can run forever. We are relying on the big old horses, everyone else has discovered the wheel. It is painful to watch these players in the late stages of a tough match. Lumbering is the one word that comes to mind. Our backs were kicking the ball out of bounds when pressured by one player in our own end, and we were LOSING. Not a good look.

Comment

I agree. The future of womens soccer will be filled with smaller, Fast, technical, creative players that can run forever. We are relying on the big old horses, everyone else has discovered the wheel. It is painful to watch these players in the late stages of a tough match. Lumbering is the one word that comes to mind. Our backs were kicking the ball out of bounds when pressured by one player in our own end, and we were LOSING. Not a good look.
              If Ellis was a breeder she would not be able to pick a stud out of the crowd if she had the results of the last 10 Kentucky Derbys and all the horses had name tags. She's got to go, the sooner the better.

Comment

If Ellis was a breeder she would not be able to pick a stud out of the crowd if she had the results of the last 10 Kentucky Derbys and all the horses had name tags. She's got to go, the sooner the better.
                If she's the one pulling the strings on the national team roster than you are right. You can't tell me there aren't MANY more players more like Pugh and dunn and less like the old dogs to choose from.

Comment

Question is, does JE have the strength of personality to tell Lloyd that she’s not on the roster in 2019?

Comment

Question is, does JE have the strength of personality to tell Lloyd that she’s not on the roster in 2019?
                    I'm not sure that Lloyd should necessarily be off the team. IMO this new "Messi" position isn't working for her, she's a finisher, not a creative/smart midfield player. Putting the players in the right positions to begin with would allow her to really determine who should stay and who should go.....Alex Morgan scored a hat trick in her first game with her French team but was completely ineffective in the WNT game. Why??

Comment

Carli Lloyd is the reigning player of the year. She's still a very effective player if placed in the proper position. She will be on the roster

Comment

Looked slow. 35 now. Depends on what type of team JE is looking to have. Seems to be giving younger players a look. To compete with England and France, they will need speed, strength and stamina.

Lots of aging players including Krieger, Long, MacDonald, O'Hara, Press and Sauerbrunn. Thought Long and Short got burnt badly against France, didn't have the speed. Need to fix the back line and probably will need to play a 4-3-3.

Still think A. Morgan is a good fit. Plays hard, has good speed, a lefty, and plays defense up front.

Time to use Pugh as the #10. Let's see what she can do.

I'm not sure that Lloyd should necessarily be off the team. IMO this new "Messi" position isn't working for her, she's a finisher, not a creative/smart midfield player. Putting the players in the right positions to begin with would allow her to really determine who should stay and who should go.....Alex Morgan scored a hat trick in her first game with her French team but was completely ineffective in the WNT game. Why??

Comment

The last time a coach tried to exert himself about making changes, the players got him canned. Ellis will go along with the players program.

Comment

Looked slow. 35 now. Depends on what type of team JE is looking to have. Seems to be giving younger players a look. To compete with England and France, they will need speed, strength and stamina.

Lots of aging players including Krieger, Long, MacDonald, O'Hara, Press and Sauerbrunn. Thought Long and Short got burnt badly against France, didn't have the speed. Need to fix the back line and probably will need to play a 4-3-3.

Still think A. Morgan is a good fit. Plays hard, has good speed, a lefty, and plays defense up front.

Time to use Pugh as the #10. Let's see what she can do.
                            Pugh is definitely not a #10. She is a winger who can cut in although her best ability is to take the ball endline and cross to feet. Lavelle is the most creative player on the team now if you have been watching her since the previous u20 world cup. She is the best bet at 10 but also give Morgan Brian a chance to be a deeper lying playmaker as an 8 with a more technical and quick 10 she and Lavelle could make some magic in the midfield. I don't think they have a decent 6. I might actually pick Long for that role. Horan is a great hold up 9 and is intelligent enough to combine with the midfield and wingers. She is also one of the best finishers on the team. heath on the left and Pugh on the right although I think Sanchez might soon outshine Pugh. Dunn is an outstanding attacking wing back. Would play her behind Pugh on the right. they could overlap and get through on their side all day long like France did on the third goal. Brunn and JJ CB and left back and GK not clear yet.

Notice I see Lloyd and Morgan as bench players at most to come in when the defense is tired. Maybe take out Horan for a big change with Morgan. Frankly I see Lloyd as a hairball currently blocking the flow.

Comment

Hard to take you seriously starting off with Pugh is definitely not a #10. Played it many times before. Great ball skills, strong passer, explosive, sees the field, strong, and makes things happen. Don't think she'd disappoint at all.

Credit to you on Dunn though. She was excellent at attacking wing back, and the defense needs speed.

Pugh is definitely not a #10. She is a winger who can cut in although her best ability is to take the ball endline and cross to feet. Lavelle is the most creative player on the team now if you have been watching her since the previous u20 world cup. She is the best bet at 10 but also give Morgan Brian a chance to be a deeper lying playmaker as an 8 with a more technical and quick 10 she and Lavelle could make some magic in the midfield. I don't think they have a decent 6. I might actually pick Long for that role. Horan is a great hold up 9 and is intelligent enough to combine with the midfield and wingers. She is also one of the best finishers on the team. heath on the left and Pugh on the right although I think Sanchez might soon outshine Pugh. Dunn is an outstanding attacking wing back. Would play her behind Pugh on the right. they could overlap and get through on their side all day long like France did on the third goal. Brunn and JJ CB and left back and GK not clear yet.

Notice I see Lloyd and Morgan as bench players at most to come in when the defense is tired. Maybe take out Horan for a big change with Morgan. Frankly I see Lloyd as a hairball currently blocking the flow.

Comment

Hard to take you seriously starting off with Pugh is definitely not a #10. Played it many times before. Great ball skills, strong passer, explosive, sees the field, strong, and makes things happen. Don't think she'd disappoint at all.

Credit to you on Dunn though. She was excellent at attacking wing back, and the defense needs speed.
                                Pugh is not a great player except in JE's mind and the reputation she built for her. That she chose school and the National team was probably part of the deal. Dunn is a much more effective player. Press is moer liek Pugh than Dunn.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X