Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don't overreact to the loss. Most likely not a big deal.

DO react to the virtually empty stadium with USA playing against one of the most attractive and talented teams in the world. Telling beyond telling.
    The rest of the world has decided to put some resources toward their women's soccer programs. The USWNT may never win anything again. The rest of the world has caught up and passed the US. Fact!

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2000503]

Wow, such racism in that post.

If I advocated that we bench the short, poor black girl, I'd be skewered.
      Pretty sure one of Dunn's parents is a lawyer, so short and black yes, but poor no. It is very difficult to reach the WNT without having deep pockets.....

Comment

So the 21,600 in attendance was not good enough for you? Tournament average attendance of just over 20,000. USWNT STILL draws bigger attendances than their male counterparts.
        The stadium was empty.

Comment

The stadium was empty.
          And the field conditions were embarrassing

Comment

The rest of the world has decided to put some resources toward their women's soccer programs. The USWNT may never win anything again. The rest of the world has caught up and passed the US. Fact!
            and it has taken way less resources and way fewer female players than participate in the u.s. to close the gap because many of the soccer nations evaluate and encourage the right skills and abilities. if the women's game becomes popular and many more girls join in these soccer countries we will find ourselves increasingly less competitive unless we truly revamp the system. player evaluations, expectations, coaching all need to improve. even refereeing has to change to encourage skilled play rather than reward brute force.

Comment

The 29 minutes or so I watched the US lack skills, tactics, and creativity. Sad. Years of ECNL has doomed us all. Big bad USWNT no longer relevant in the modern game. The French, German, Japan and the top soccer countries have upgraded their women's program and we are at least 5 years behind in players development needed to compete with the top teams. Sad.

Comment

Hiring college and youth club coaches no longer are in the best interest of players development. These coaches are too rigid for the modern game.

Comment

So the 21,600 in attendance was not good enough for you? Tournament average attendance of just over 20,000. USWNT STILL draws bigger attendances than their male counterparts.
                  Damning with faint praise. The US audience has viewing access to many men's European games now. Especially on the weekends. Our teams(men and women) are crap in comparison so watching the games is getting progressively painful. Look for all US ratings to continue to drop.

Comment

The 29 minutes or so I watched the US lack skills, tactics, and creativity. Sad. Years of ECNL has doomed us all. Big bad USWNT no longer relevant in the modern game. The French, German, Japan and the top soccer countries have upgraded their women's program and we are at least 5 years behind in players development needed to compete with the top teams. Sad.
                    Unfortunately the US is so used to not being pressured that when they were, they played a frantic game, with absolutely no tactical decision making or leadership on the field. Bad decisions all around, and quite honestly the players who have been there the longest were the worst. The only silver lining continues to be Pugh, and I think Lavalle has the ability to be a difference maker. They need more players like that.....technical, creative players. They are small, but I haven't seen any disadvantage due to their size, which says something.....

Comment

Damning with faint praise. The US audience has viewing access to many men's European games now. Especially on the weekends. Our teams(men and women) are crap in comparison so watching the games is getting progressively painful. Look for all US ratings to continue to drop.
                      Yep, this is a huge issue. Used to be a huge fan of MLS and USNT games, both men's and women's, and watched all the time. Now, since our family has been watching EPL, Bundesliga, etc. every weekend, it was really painful to watch that first round of MLS games over the weekend. I gave up on the WNT since the start of the Wambach era. I do try to catch a game now and again to see if the style of play has improved at all, and sadly, it's the same ugliness.

I am, however, optimistic of the future of the USWNT. I've been pretty impressed watching the U9-U11 girls at my kid's club playing just before his practice and see they are playing the right way, with lots of skill and creativity. Hopefully, those types of players make it through the selection process in the future, and are not discarded in favor of the big, fast girls.....

Comment

Ally Long got smoked on all three goals. A holding midfield trying to play center back in a 3 back system and got exposed. Obvious that France targeted her and took advantage of it. Plug in Sauerbraun and Johnston in a 4 back system and those goals don't happen.

Some of the younger player like Lynn Williams look very good for the next cycle of big events. Hopefully Rose Lavelle can help Boston turnaround the trainwreck their management has created. We give up the starting USWNT goalie for one year of Whitney Engen. They cut one of their top picks from last year. Someone needs to take the keys away from those guys so hopefully Lavelle won't want out too.

Comment

What was witnessed last night were the consequences of a system that is dependent upon heaps of money getting thrown at it and then hoping something will stick.

Comment

Yep, this is a huge issue. Used to be a huge fan of MLS and USNT games, both men's and women's, and watched all the time. Now, since our family has been watching EPL, Bundesliga, etc. every weekend, it was really painful to watch that first round of MLS games over the weekend. I gave up on the WNT since the start of the Wambach era. I do try to catch a game now and again to see if the style of play has improved at all, and sadly, it's the same ugliness.

I am, however, optimistic of the future of the USWNT. I've been pretty impressed watching the U9-U11 girls at my kid's club playing just before his practice and see they are playing the right way, with lots of skill and creativity. Hopefully, those types of players make it through the selection process in the future, and are not discarded in favor of the big, fast girls.....
                            Did they catch those slow French players?

Comment

Ally Long got smoked on all three goals. A holding midfield trying to play center back in a 3 back system and got exposed. Obvious that France targeted her and took advantage of it. Plug in Sauerbraun and Johnston in a 4 back system and those goals don't happen.

Some of the younger player like Lynn Williams look very good for the next cycle of big events. Hopefully Rose Lavelle can help Boston turnaround the trainwreck their management has created. We give up the starting USWNT goalie for one year of Whitney Engen. They cut one of their top picks from last year. Someone needs to take the keys away from those guys so hopefully Lavelle won't want out too.
                              yeahbutt...are they poor, short and black? That's what we need.

Comment

yeahbutt...are they poor, short and black? That's what we need.
                                Take that garbage to some tom brady loving football, baseball, forum. This sport is not for you. This is soccer forum.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X