•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YU won the top U16 bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The list of college coaches on the Girls' side was pathetic. One coach was supposed to see my kid play but something came up and they didn't attend. Yep, the something that came up was a forecast of 25 degree temperatures and 30 mph wins. This tournament sucks. Every year it's either canceled due to snow or played in awful conditions. They need to do it later in the Spring or cancel this event.
      So, that college is not really interested in your kid. Sorry.

Comment

The list of college coaches on the Girls' side was pathetic. One coach was supposed to see my kid play but something came up and they didn't attend. Yep, the something that came up was a forecast of 25 degree temperatures and 30 mph wins. This tournament sucks. Every year it's either canceled due to snow or played in awful conditions. They need to do it later in the Spring or cancel this event.
        Huge money maker. It's not ever going to be a showcase.

Just be glad the coach didn't show up. The soccer was horrible due to the conditions

Comment

Then the tournament list of registered coaches is really misleading.
          This event and the Kick or Treat tournament get about the same number of coaches on the sidelines.

Comment

if what you say is true, its an indication of his commitment to your kid, simple as that

Comment

They cant do it later in the spring because they wouldn't get anyone. All the real tournaments are played in the Spring.

This tournament is the no-frills version kind of like setting a wedding date on a Wednesday in the middle of the winter.

Comment

Why would any college coach go out in this weather? It's not soccer. Freezing temps make games crap.

Comment

Any year the weather doesn't cooperate people bitch about this tournament. Complain to your clubs if you don't want your kids playing there. It's intention is much less showcase (there are teams of all ages), much more of a get ready for spring event. It's also nice not to have to travel too far and sleep at home. Yes it was cold. If had been today - ten degrees warmer and closer to more typical for this time of year - no one would be complaining

Comment

Any year the weather doesn't cooperate people bitch about this tournament. Complain to your clubs if you don't want your kids playing there. It's intention is much less showcase (there are teams of all ages), much more of a get ready for spring event. It's also nice not to have to travel too far and sleep at home. Yes it was cold. If had been today - ten degrees warmer and closer to more typical for this time of year - no one would be complaining
                    -Duh.

Comment

-Duh.
                      And yet here everyone is complaining. My kid was happy to be playing, as we're most it seemed. Everyone survived. Any college coach doing his job had the worst of it being out for hours. At least players and parents could sit in their cars or dunkin in between games

Comment

And yet here everyone is complaining. My kid was happy to be playing, as we're most it seemed. Everyone survived. Any college coach doing his job had the worst of it being out for hours. At least players and parents could sit in their cars or dunkin in between games
                        It was barely soccer being played. Especially going into the wind

Comment

Too bad. All the coaches that said they were coming to watch mine play did.

Comment

It was barely soccer being played. Especially going into the wind
                            Can't control the weather and college coaches know that. At least it was dry. A few degrees warmer but raining is almost worse. Coaches typically only watch a player for a short while then move to the next. If they're interested they'll want to see you multiple times.

Comment

Too bad. All the coaches that said they were coming to watch mine play did.
                              I hope your kid is a boy based on your comment. The only decent schools listed were men's coaches. The one school I referred to was the only school my daughter had any interest in.

Comment

I hope your kid is a boy based on your comment. The only decent schools listed were men's coaches. The one school I referred to was the only school my daughter had any interest in.
                                Yes a boy

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X