Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everton for Academy

How many players are actually going from Everton premier teams to play academy at EFCW? We are looking at other options.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How many players are actually going from Everton premier teams to play academy at EFCW? We are looking at other options.
    Depends on the year. I will give you info on the years I am most familiar with

2000 had about 1 or 2
    2001 year had about 6

I would say that EFCW is aware of all of the strong players at EACT so it can't hurt to be on EACT. Although it's not a requirement

I have also seen through the years that BS players and EACT/EFCW players tend to swap teams

Comment

2000 had about 1 or 2
      2001 year had about 6

I would say that EFCW is aware of all of the strong players at EACT so it can't hurt to be on EACT. Although it's not a requirement

I have also seen through the years that BS players and EACT/EFCW players tend to swap teams
      PS the commute South on The Merritt to Purchase will be much easier than the northern commute and 25 to Monroe

Comment

How do 2005s look?

Comment

How do 2005s look?
          2005 kind of young for academy, no? Lol.

Comment

2005 kind of young for academy, no? Lol.
            LOL your clearly uninformed

Actually....
            The true focus of DA program is training and development not college showcase. So may seem silly for you mindset.

Those 05 an 06 are in the last few golden years of development. DA strongly encourages development minded programs. Not everyone is there because we are a pay to play country with and high level soccer is seen as a investment in college access so investing in younger players seems silly with college so far away.

so next year here are the ages...

At the start of the 2017-2018 Boys Development Academy season:
            U-18/19: eligible for players born Jan. 1, 1999 or later
            U-16/17: eligible for players born Jan. 1, 2001 or later
            U-15: eligible for players born Jan. 1, 2003 or later
            U-14: eligible for players born Jan. 1, 2004 or later
            U-13: eligible for players born Jan. 1, 2005 or later
            U-12: eligible for players born Jan. 1, 2006 or later

Comment

2000 had about 1 or 2
              2001 year had about 6

EA used to lose a lot of players to BS but now that has slowed down a lot because of the relationship with FCW. EA top teams play NPL and generally do pretty well, and they've definitely sent players to FCW over the last few years.

Comment

EA used to lose a lot of players to BS but now that has slowed down a lot because of the relationship with FCW. EA top teams play NPL and generally do pretty well, and they've definitely sent players to FCW over the last few years.
                How does EA do with college placement outside of academy players? Serious question

Comment

How does EA do with college placement outside of academy players? Serious question
                  No idea, you'd have to ask them. NPL players can find opportunities to play if they work at it, but it won't be high level D1 that's for sure. But that's universal - DA is for top to mid D1 while players in other leagues can find spots at lower level D1 D2 and D3.

Comment

Yes the years listed is when the tide started to turn. RC became the DOC at EFCW and started to redirect the migration from BS to EFCW

Comment

Yes the years listed is when the tide started to turn. RC became the DOC at EFCW and started to redirect the migration from BS to EFCW
                      RC now gone from efcw.

Comment

is it true there are no parent managers at Everton? I'm sick of the BS going on with my kids team.

Comment

is it true there are no parent managers at Everton? I'm sick of the BS going on with my kids team.
                          I've had 2 at EA and there were never any parent managers other than to organize a team dinner at tourneys. They have a full time person that helps with game and field schedules etc and team communications come from the coach. The coaches we had also had zero tolerance for bad sideline behavior from parents.

Comment

I'm not sure how a team manager can cause so much agita? They just schedule games and practices and maybe a few things in the off season.

Comment

I'm not sure how a team manager can cause so much agita? They just schedule games and practices and maybe a few things in the off season.
                              Not the poster who complained but if you've ever had a bad one you'd know it can be BAD.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X