Nli ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1988543]A true NLI is only signed if there is athletic money involved, which is only at D1 and D2 schools. You will see pretend signings where either the player is going D1 or D2 but isn't receiving athletic $, or D3 where there is no athletic money at all. In all those cases players may be getting academic (merit) money or financial aid. But there is no letter to sign, despite pictures in your local paper with pretend letters being signed.
    {QUOTE]

Dead right! i found out about the Fake news reports when my daughter got recruited to Colgate many moons ago with no scholarship money. That's when i learned of the NLI .

So many Fake signers now and they are all over News 12 , 4 at Warde, 6 in Greenwich, 3 in Weston and im sure there's many more out there.

Comment

[

Dead right! i found out about the Fake news reports when my daughter got recruited to Colgate many moons ago with no scholarship money. That's when i learned of the NLI .

So many Fake signers now and they are all over News 12 , 4 at Warde, 6 in Greenwich, 3 in Weston and im sure there's many more out there.[/QUOTE]

What are they signing then?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        [

So many Fake signers now and they are all over News 12 , 4 at Warde, 6 in Greenwich, 3 in Weston and im sure there's many more out there.
        What are they signing then?[/QUOTE]

I know the one I attended one girl signed two papers and others signed one. Not sure if there was a difference or not depending on the school but I imagine the one girl got money and the others maybe didn't. Either way it is great they were recruited but unfortunately I think some of these people put out "fake news" like signing day when in fact they were not signing an NLI.

Comment

What are they signing then?
          I know the one I attended one girl signed two papers and others signed one. Not sure if there was a difference or not depending on the school but I imagine the one girl got money and the others maybe didn't. Either way it is great they were recruited but unfortunately I think some of these people put out "fake news" like signing day when in fact they were not signing an NLI.[/QUOTE]

NLI is a contract, it states that you have earned a scholarship and exactly how much that schools is worth per year
          my kid signed hers on my kitchen island and sent it back (there is a time limit) we already knew well before what it was going to be

Comment

I know the one I attended one girl signed two papers and others signed one. Not sure if there was a difference or not depending on the school but I imagine the one girl got money and the others maybe didn't. Either way it is great they were recruited but unfortunately I think some of these people put out "fake news" like signing day when in fact they were not signing an NLI.
            NLI is a contract, it states that you have earned a scholarship and exactly how much that schools is worth per year
            my kid signed hers on my kitchen island and sent it back (there is a time limit) we already knew well before what it was going to be[/QUOTE]

When you see the name of the school on top of the piece of paper the fugazi kid is signing, that is a dead give away. A real nli doesn't have the college name on the top.

Comment

[

What are they signing then?[/QUOTE]

Our town does it every year. Makes me cringe. Great that kids are playing sport in college - celebrate that that do away with the nonsense

Comment

When you see the name of the school on top of the piece of paper the fugazi kid is signing, that is a dead give away. A real nli doesn't have the college name on the top.[/QUOTE]

Most people dont know that LOL.....Its an agreement with the NLI. One parent pulled out of it when she found out the school was only giving 5K as part of the NLI signing she took another schools offer of 28K without an NLI signing.

Don't be a dim wit! 23K is worth more than a piece of paper, just do what the thousands of other kids do and Fake it!

Comment

When you see the name of the school on top of the piece of paper the fugazi kid is signing, that is a dead give away. A real nli doesn't have the college name on the top.
                  Most people dont know that LOL.....Its an agreement with the NLI. One parent pulled out of it when she found out the school was only giving 5K as part of the NLI signing she took another schools offer of 28K without an NLI signing.

Don't be a dim wit! 23K is worth more than a piece of paper, just do what the thousands of other kids do and Fake it![/QUOTE]

Be careful! The almighty NLI and the 5k the comes worth it are something that set are kids apart from the masses. You see it here on TS where everyone is so put off by the signings that don't involve athletic money ...... Because all of our kids are so special and they earned something unique! 5k and a D2 NLI are just like another trophy for the loser. Get over yourselves. Have fun folks and be proud of your kids for getting 50% merit to a D3 and playing soccer! Tell everyone to suck it and get a life ..... Tell them to be nice as their kids resume might cross your kids desk some day and then that 5k and NLI won't matter a lick!

Comment

Don't be a dim wit! 23K is worth more than a piece of paper, just do what the thousands of other kids do and Fake it!
                    Be careful! The almighty NLI and the 5k the comes worth it are something that set are kids apart from the masses. You see it here on TS where everyone is so put off by the signings that don't involve athletic money ...... Because all of our kids are so special and they earned something unique! 5k and a D2 NLI are just like another trophy for the loser. Get over yourselves. Have fun folks and be proud of your kids for getting 50% merit to a D3 and playing soccer! Tell everyone to suck it and get a life ..... Tell them to be nice as their kids resume might cross your kids desk some day and then that 5k and NLI won't matter a lick![/QUOTE]

Jealous that their kid wasn't good enough to get athletic money. So the parent posts this above.

Comment

http://www.scout.com/college/ucla/st...-national-team

https://twitter.com/MalPugh/status/6...644036/photo/1

You can see MP with just the NLI in the UCLA article, and then with the NLI plus a second document with the UCLA logo at the top in her Twitter photo.

Comment

You can see MP with just the NLI in the UCLA article, and then with the NLI plus a second document with the UCLA logo at the top in her Twitter photo.
                        My daughter had to sign two papers (and one of her parents had to sign as well because she was under 18) Perhaps at the signing ceremonies the players are just bringing a paper and fill out the other paperwork at home. Either way, great for these players to be recruited.

Comment

Imagine that! She played high school and was able to make it to the national team (youngest ever), training and playing in the ecnl. Im guessing the academy kookaid drinking Oakwood crowd would say she would have made it when she was 12 years old if she trained year round in the academy and gave up high school.

Comment

Imagine that! She played high school and was able to make it to the national team (youngest ever), training and playing in the ecnl. Im guessing the academy kookaid drinking Oakwood crowd would say she would have made it when she was 12 years old if she trained year round in the academy and gave up high school.
                            She trained much of the time with the boys, but yes she did play high school. I suppose a player of her caliber and her training opportunities could tell Ussf to stuff it. But many will not be so self assured or have the same training environment

Comment

Be careful! The almighty NLI and the 5k the comes worth it are something that set are kids apart from the masses. You see it here on TS where everyone is so put off by the signings that don't involve athletic money ...... Because all of our kids are so special and they earned something unique! 5k and a D2 NLI are just like another trophy for the loser. Get over yourselves. Have fun folks and be proud of your kids for getting 50% merit to a D3 and playing soccer! Tell everyone to suck it and get a life ..... Tell them to be nice as their kids resume might cross your kids desk some day and then that 5k and NLI won't matter a lick!
                              Jealous that their kid wasn't good enough to get athletic money. So the parent posts this above.[/QUOTE]

No. So proud that my kid knows that the next level is about going to a great school and learning what she needs to in order to get to medical school. She made a choice (the absolute right choice for her) to put education ahead of soccer.

Comment

She trained much of the time with the boys, but yes she did play high school. I suppose a player of her caliber and her training opportunities could tell Ussf to stuff it. But many will not be so self assured or have the same training environment
                                The top .25 percent that make it to a women's national team at any level are self assured. Your kid may not be, but she also isn't in that elite class of athlete. So no need for a league that claims to be about developing that .25 percent.

Plus, she did not train the majority of times with boys. Not sure where you made that up from. Trump has opening for someone like you though.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X