• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GDA info session Tonight

So? Let's hear the scoop.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Let me guess. A lot of familiar faces. Just like the Fsa info meeting which was 98 percent Fsa and soccer plus players. My guess is 98 percent ow.

Comment

Good info session. They were very organized and answered questions.

No re-entry and limited subs discussed. They will be giving high school waivers to a select group of players already in high school. The prep school girls will get majority of waivers but they also indicated up to 10 waivers given on the girls side in club. 25% minimum start rule will be over the full year of games so the players with waivers will get plenty of starts in spring.

And all girls (04-99)were guaranteed spots at Oakwood either on Academy team or NPL combined age team. I'm thinking most will stay at Oakwood and play Academy or NPL. It will be interesting to see what happens

Comment

Good info session. They were very organized and answered questions.

No re-entry and limited subs discussed.
        Drive for hours and hours and not play, if you're even on the roster for that day.

They will be giving high school waivers to a select group of players already in high school. The prep school girls will get majority of waivers but they also indicated up to 10 waivers given on the girls side in club. 25% minimum start rule will be over the full year of games so the players with waivers will get plenty of starts in spring.
        in other words - we'll do it for the ones we really want to keep but the rest of you are sh**out of luck. You'll get PT in the fall but be pushed aside in the spring when the studs come back

all girls (04-99)were guaranteed spots at Oakwood either on Academy team or NPL combined age team. I'm thinking most will stay at Oakwood and play Academy or NPL. It will be interesting to see what happens
        They have to run NPL teams to try and keep players in the club. Of course they'll guarantee a spot on those teams. More important question is who are they giving GDA offers to and will those players accept them. No one cares what OW does with NPL/distant #3 league

Comment

Drive for hours and hours and not play, if you're even on the roster for that day.

in other words - we'll do it for the ones we really want to keep but the rest of you are sh**out of luck. You'll get PT in the fall but be pushed aside in the spring when the studs come back

They have to run NPL teams to try and keep players in the club. Of course they'll guarantee a spot on those teams. More important question is who are they giving GDA offers to and will those players accept them. No one cares what OW does with NPL/distant #3 league
          lol so much hate. Are you sad FSA won't be getting any players once again?

Comment

Not necessarily. There are several Loomis girls that were admitted to Loomis to play soccer and received financial assistance. Plus they are not under CIAC rules and can train and play on occasion. They will get waivers. Not high school players unless there is a special circumstance. Maybe 1 or 2 tops

We shall see

Comment

We shall see
              I can't believe anyboarent would stand for waivers for some but not for all and I can't believe and kid would give anything to ride the line or get minimal playing time. The double standard in waivers drives me nuts in the boys side and they are doing it again just to try to get some of their top players. How stupid are players 8+ to stand for that?

Comment

I can't believe anyboarent would stand for waivers for some but not for all and I can't believe and kid would give anything to ride the line or get minimal playing time. The double standard in waivers drives me nuts in the boys side and they are doing it again just to try to get some of their top players. How stupid are players 8+ to stand for that?
                I agree it's a major flaw in the entire system and causes a great deal of understandable discord. On the boys side they have few choices - no ECNL-like option, so they suck it up in the hopes it will help them play in college. Girls have choices and many will take them. Soon the boys will too.

Comment

Not at FSA. Myself and my D see right through the charade. #notmysoccerleague

Comment

Yeah we are sad that you candy ass parents won't be joining us. yeah sure. candy keysters

Comment

Doubt that we can add any players this year as tryouts are soon.

Comment

So of the so called good sized crowd, how many were current OW families vs ECNL families or aspirationals from other clubs?

Comment

Doubt that we can add any players this year as tryouts are soon.
                          There weren't many outsiders there last night (a few that I didn't recognize ... no surprise), but I didn't expect there to be too many last night. I expect more will come to the sessions toward the end of the year as many will be a little fearful of being noticed scouting a new program before their season has even begun. I don't expect many ECNL'ers, but likely a few that are currently 2nd half of roster and currently unrecruited.

Comment

So, as we all expected, the studs are allowed to play high school and then return to play academy.

As discussed, that might not seem fair, but OW really does have to do it and if your kid isn't one of the studs, suck it up.

Comment

So, as we all expected, the studs are allowed to play high school and then return to play academy.

As discussed, that might not seem fair, but OW really does have to do it and if your kid isn't one of the studs, suck it up.
                              Or look elsewhere/stay elsewhere. #girlshaveoptions

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X