X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nefc. Not Newcastle ....auto correct
    NEFC joined with BBA and is leaving ECNL after the year and are going to GDA with OW

Comment

Soccer plus had a few Ivy League recruits in the past. You would think that Fsa with all their private school kids would be able to place a kid in the Ivy League. another Fsa failure
      Someone posted this about why the two clubs with seemingly similar results, would have such different recruiting results. Besides the fact that FSA is newer at this and it does take time, this post plus having more coaches who put the work into it gives CFC the advantage. That's why families will drive past FSA and go to CFC.

Club reputation, relationships built over the years, more experience with recruiting. That's how CFC wins. Having a Yale coach and a former coach at Princeton doesn't hurt either.

Comment

The op was questioning the level of soccer these girls go on to play at, not the academics of the schools.

I will say the cfc u18s are a good mix of academics and athletics compared to other u18 teams. Fsa rarely places a kid in a top 50 women's soccer program, cfcu usually one or two a year. Because we are ct, they got one this year, uconn. The number of cfc united kids there dwarfs Fsa. Both ecnl programs instate. Why the disparity. Cfcu18 has 5 kids going to Yale. Has Fsa ever had one? Again, both ecnl and both instate. Why the disparity?

There is a huge gap in college placement and not a big gap on the field. I am just questioning why

Why do you think there is a disparity at all?

The only relevant question is if the kids got into the school of their choice or not. If so, then regardless of school choice, there is no disparity. Each kid got what they went after.

None of us here can answer this question. We don't know if these kids got into their first choice, second choice or if they simply settled for the best school that would accept them and give them a roster spot.

Since I'm not hearing any negative noise from the families themselves on this, I have to assume that each kid is getting into the school of their choice and thus, onto the soccer program of their choice.

From that perspective, there are no disparities at all.

Comment

Lowering the boom

http://www.soccerwire.com/news/clubs...-u13-division/

Comment

meh. I'm no GDA fan but this isn't that big a deal. Almost all the clubs have Pre-ECNL U13 teams so this just makes it official. Down the road GDA will go down to U12 like the do on the boys side, and ECNL will likely either try to pre-empt that or match it once it happens.

Comment

meh. I'm no GDA fan but this isn't that big a deal. Almost all the clubs have Pre-ECNL U13 teams so this just makes it official. Down the road GDA will go down to U12 like the do on the boys side, and ECNL will likely either try to pre-empt that or match it once it happens.
              The ECNL thing will be at U9 before you can blink.

Comment

Why not? Give the customers what they want.

Comment

I don't see this as a positive at all. Its basically a war over parents club soccer spend between the USSF and the ECNL. Now this puts your 12 year old right in the middle of it.

I have a HS aged ECNL player. She enjoys it, has improved a player and is getting plenty of exposure. (there were college coaches at both PDA and WC this weekend watching league games). That said its expensive and weekend travel during the spring is a grind for both players and families. The salvation is that is the heavy travel is just March through June. IN the end, it should pay off for her but it comes with a heavy price. Lots of social things missed on weekends.

I see very little reason that 7th graders need to have this level of travel for soccer. It seems greedy and not in the best interest of the kids.

Comment

I don't see this as a positive at all. Its basically a war over parents club soccer spend between the USSF and the ECNL. Now this puts your 12 year old right in the middle of it.

I have a HS aged ECNL player. She enjoys it, has improved a player and is getting plenty of exposure. (there were college coaches at both PDA and WC this weekend watching league games). That said its expensive and weekend travel during the spring is a grind for both players and families. The salvation is that is the heavy travel is just March through June. IN the end, it should pay off for her but it comes with a heavy price. Lots of social things missed on weekends.

I see very little reason that 7th graders need to have this level of travel for soccer. It seems greedy and not in the best interest of the kids.
                    Thousands of 7th graders have I-phones. This is not about best interests of the kids. This is a status symbol.

Comment

Top 6th and 7th graders are already traveling far for games every weekend for EDP, NEP leagues. This widens the travel but at least in a more organized way where you have one weekend away and one home other leagues cant manage the travel that way.

Comment

Top 6th and 7th graders are already traveling far for games every weekend for EDP, NEP leagues. This widens the travel but at least in a more organized way where you have one weekend away and one home other leagues cant manage the travel that way.
                        Lots of parents will buy into this. Lots will also put their kids at u-little offerings at GDA clubs.

Comment

Last year BDA expanded to U12 with good reason - they finally realized that having boys start later with DA was to some extent too little too late. Or at least, they were missing key developmental years. When they did that they added a large number of clubs for U12 and U13, then it funnels up into fewer clubs for the older ages. So there's more kids in the system, training them earlier and then they see what cream rises to the top. With ECNL this is not the case - it's pretty much the same # of clubs. That said, I don't mind every-other-weekend away schedule. It's actually more manageable than with EDP where we may have had two games a weekend, one in NJ one on LI, that killed entire days. Anyway, that's our family. It's worked fine.

Comment

Last year BDA expanded to U12 with good reason - they finally realized that having boys start later with DA was to some extent too little too late. Or at least, they were missing key developmental years. When they did that they added a large number of clubs for U12 and U13, then it funnels up into fewer clubs for the older ages. So there's more kids in the system, training them earlier and then they see what cream rises to the top. With ECNL this is not the case - it's pretty much the same # of clubs. That said, I don't mind every-other-weekend away schedule. It's actually more manageable than with EDP where we may have had two games a weekend, one in NJ one on LI, that killed entire days. Anyway, that's our family. It's worked fine.
                            That or they needed more money to finance this fiasco. There is no migration path in your funnel. Kids will mostly stay with their old club and stop playing DA if their club doesn't offer it. No club is going to give talent away for free, willingly.

Comment

That or they needed more money to finance this fiasco. There is no migration path in your funnel. Kids will mostly stay with their old club and stop playing DA if their club doesn't offer it. No club is going to give talent away for free, willingly.
                              Too early to tell as it's new, but in this market players are free to leave and pursue other clubs. If a player has the skills to move to a full DA club at U14 most will do so. Clubs may try to hold onto talent but it doesn't work most of the time. Also, that's the purpose of a funnel - not all will make it through the gauntlet because they don't have the skills to do so. Full DA clubs with U12s also will have plenty of players that won't be there by U15.

Comment

More players are walking out the DA door. Several players leaving to go to other premier clubs this season. It will only continue.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X