• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So in case you were thinking of GDAP.

http://nwslsoccer.com/complete-2017-...-draft-results
    http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague....re-ecnl-alums/

So summarize.....40 us women's professional players drafted today. 75 percent of all players drafted, came from ecnl.
    For the naysayers that say all the strong ecnl players come from out west, 8 of the 33 ecnl players chosen or roughly a third came from the division my daughter plays in, the northeast.

How many came out of the league your Oakwood kid plays in?

7 or 8 years and the league has risen to this point. Can't wait to see what gdap does in 7 years. In one year, we still don't know cost, if girls can play hs, competition structure, etc
    way to go Dad. You get the super putz award

Comment

So in case you were thinking of GDAP.

http://nwslsoccer.com/complete-2017-...-draft-results
      http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague....re-ecnl-alums/

So summarize.....40 us women's professional players drafted today. 75 percent of all players drafted, came from ecnl.
      For the naysayers that say all the strong ecnl players come from out west, 8 of the 33 ecnl players chosen or roughly a third came from the division my daughter plays in, the northeast.

How many came out of the league your Oakwood kid plays in?

7 or 8 years and the league has risen to this point. Can't wait to see what gdap does in 7 years. In one year, we still don't know cost, if girls can play hs, competition structure, etc
      Am I the only one here who sees these as two things that have only an ancillary connection to each other?

There's this little thing between ECNL and the NWSL called.......wait for it........college.

So this poster is implying that the ECNL involvement is what got these women drafted.

Hogwash. ECNL got them into college.....maybe.

College play got them drafted.....almost a certainty.

He acts like the four years in between these two programs doesn't matter. How many ECNL players weren't drafted this year?

Comment

Am I the only one here who sees these as two things that have only an ancillary connection to each other?

There's this little thing between ECNL and the NWSL called.......wait for it........college.

So this poster is implying that the ECNL involvement is what got these women drafted.

He acts like the four years in between these two programs doesn't matter. How many ECNL players weren't drafted this year?
        His theory has many holes in it

Comment

Thanks for the segway.....http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague....e-impact-2016/

Read it and keep thinking your kids league is better. Better at getting kids seen and on to college programs and better at preparing then to play at a high level and receive college post season awards. If gdap is anywhere close, they will be thrilled. Fact is, it is at best ecnl 7 years ago. I guess the u10 and u11 parents can dream about it working for thier kid. For u15 and up....too late for them. Play in the unproven system and hope or take the path most travelled and the one proven to be most successful.

Think about it, 7-8 years ago, those kids entered the new league, got recruited to a nice college and now got drafted and will continue playing in the highest level league available in this country to girls. Proven model. A couple other girls who didn't go that route made it, maybe that needle in the haystack will be your kid.....then again...probably not based on the odds.

Comment

Thanks for the segway.....http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague....e-impact-2016/

Read it and keep thinking your kids league is better. Better at getting kids seen and on to college programs and better at preparing then to play at a high level and receive college post season awards. If gdap is anywhere close, they will be thrilled. Fact is, it is at best ecnl 7 years ago. I guess the u10 and u11 parents can dream about it working for thier kid. For u15 and up....too late for them. Play in the unproven system and hope or take the path most travelled and the one proven to be most successful.

Think about it, 7-8 years ago, those kids entered the new league, got recruited to a nice college and now got drafted and will continue playing in the highest level league available in this country to girls. Proven model. A couple other girls who didn't go that route made it, maybe that needle in the haystack will be your kid.....then again...probably not based on the odds.
            Another fool who fails to get the other poster's point.

The person was merely and correctly pointing out that ECNL participation is not the direct reason those 40 players from COLLEGE got drafted to play professional soccer.

I'm sure the NWSL closely scrutinized their ECNL games at showcases some four years ago, so they could draft them the other day.....lol.

The 40 women drafted were chosen because of the play they produced as COLLEGE players.

How dense can you be?

He didn't challenge the value of ECNL and he readily agreed that most of them probably got into college because of ECNL participation. He certainly isn't advocating any other league besides ECNL.

Is reading comprehension that bad here?

Comment

Another fool who fails to get the other poster's point.

The person was merely and correctly pointing out that ECNL participation is not the direct reason those 40 players from COLLEGE got drafted to play professional soccer.

I'm sure the NWSL closely scrutinized their ECNL games at showcases some four years ago, so they could draft them the other day.....lol.

The 40 women drafted were chosen because of the play they produced as COLLEGE players.

How dense can you be?

He didn't challenge the value of ECNL and he readily agreed that most of them probably got into college because of ECNL participation. He certainly isn't advocating any other league besides ECNL.

Is reading comprehension that bad here?
              Thank you! Some people on here are unbelievable.

Here's a stat for you: 85% of the male players in the recent NCAA DI Final Four last month are from Academy teams. I wonder what % of female DI Final Four players are ECNL grads.

Comment

Class of 2016: 1200 players
                Players who committed to D1: 986

Um....pretty fantastic numbers from the ECNL League. Great idea to have kids leave for the Academy. Dumb...dumb...dumber

Comment

Class of 2016: 1200 players
                  Players who committed to D1: 986

Um....pretty fantastic numbers from the ECNL League. Great idea to have kids leave for the Academy. Dumb...dumb...dumber
                  Not too shabby. Still not as impressive as what's in post 36 though.

Comment

Duh. In both cases they are the top leagues which will attract top players. But that doesn't guarantee GFA will replicate what happened on the boys side. There's much more working against it that BDA didn't have. Even if it becomes #1 I think it will be a weak #1. I also think ENPL will hurt BDA especially non mls clubs

Comment

Duh. In both cases they are the top leagues which will attract top players. But that doesn't guarantee GFA will replicate what happened on the boys side. There's much more working against it that BDA didn't have. Even if it becomes #1 I think it will be a weak #1. I also think ENPL will hurt BDA especially non mls clubs
                      Yeah, nah.

Comment

Not too shabby. Still not as impressive as what's in post 36 though.
                        I would bet a higher percentage of women's final 4 were ecnl then men's side and academy.

Girls academy might as well just take the ecnl playbook and make the 4 or 5 edits and call the league ecnlv2

Comment

Oakwood info sheet posted on their site shows 4 Academy teams. 14, 15, 16/17, 18/19.

Seems the rumors about US Soccer splitting the 14/15's is true. Still no official word on US Soccer website though.

Comment

Oakwood info sheet posted on their site shows 4 Academy teams. 14, 15, 16/17, 18/19.

Seems the rumors about US Soccer splitting the 14/15's is true. Still no official word on US Soccer website though.
                            This link was on the MA board from a CA club

http://lapremierfc.com/football/girlsacademy

Comment

This link was on the MA board from a CA club

http://lapremierfc.com/football/girlsacademy
                              So in other words, we heard you greedy club owners that splitting the age groups up would lead to more paying customers for you. Which in turn, means more fees for us, so we will let you rip off the younger players and we will call it a path way to the parents.

Comment

So in other words, we heard you greedy club owners that splitting the age groups up would lead to more paying customers for you. Which in turn, means more fees for us, so we will let you rip off the younger players and we will call it a path way to the parents.
                                Added: "So we can make sure we crush ECNL, which was our primary goal all along. The profits are too though."

I hope more clubs drop out. Would serve USSF right, the greedy sob's. Now OW has to convince another 20+ girls to give up HS sports.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X