• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecnl.....the dominance continues

So in case you were thinking of GDAP.

http://nwslsoccer.com/complete-2017-...-draft-results
    http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague....re-ecnl-alums/

So summarize.....40 us women's professional players drafted today. 75 percent of all players drafted, came from ecnl.
    For the naysayers that say all the strong ecnl players come from out west, 8 of the 33 ecnl players chosen or roughly a third came from the division my daughter plays in, the northeast.

How many came out of the league your Oakwood kid plays in?

7 or 8 years and the league has risen to this point. Can't wait to see what gdap does in 7 years. In one year, we still don't know cost, if girls can play hs, competition structure, etc

You're comparing to a league that doesn't even exist yet. Not one practice not one game. Not one team. Congrats. You just passed nursery school. Now go home little boy and have your mother change your diaper. It's soiled.

Comment

Ok, I'm not pro GDAP but would like to point out a few things

- of course top players play in the nation's (current) top league. Same argument ECNL makes that almost all YNT players play ECNL - it's the top league and it attracts that level of player. That doesn't mean it will stay that way. NT and top D1 players probably will migrate to GDA (partly because they'll be pressured to do so) but you can't run a large nation-wide league with let's say 4-5 "top" players and all the rest whoever you can convince to give up HS sports. That's where GDA (and OW) is going to get into trouble

- we do know the structure (it was announced months ago)

- for now USSF is saying you can do HS but not both at the same time. But they also said it's up to the clubs. In reality clubs will either ban it or put extreme pressure on girls not to play HS. Teams can't afford to be missing players for 3-4 months and it creates drama between those who give it up and those who don't

- we know costs are only going to be slightly lower than ECNL (a little off of club fees but similar travel expense). Probably not enough of a discount to convince a middle-to-upper income typical soccer family to move. Moves will be decided upon based on what a league offers a player to help her meet her goals, quality of clubs she can play with, HS, friendships...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        You're comparing to a league that doesn't even exist yet. Not one practice not one game. Not one team. Congrats. You just passed nursery school. Now go home little boy and have your mother change your diaper. It's soiled.
        Well he did post sometime around midnight - maybe he had just gotten home from the bar

Comment

So in case you were thinking of GDAP.

http://nwslsoccer.com/complete-2017-...-draft-results
          http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague....re-ecnl-alums/

So summarize.....40 us women's professional players drafted today. 75 percent of all players drafted, came from ecnl.
          For the naysayers that say all the strong ecnl players come from out west, 8 of the 33 ecnl players chosen or roughly a third came from the division my daughter plays in, the northeast.

How many came out of the league your Oakwood kid plays in?

7 or 8 years and the league has risen to this point. Can't wait to see what gdap does in 7 years. In one year, we still don't know cost, if girls can play hs, competition structure, etc
          My daughters ECNL!!!! My daughters ECNL!!! Waahoooo, my daughter is ECNL!!!! Top league in the country! Did I tell you my daughter plays ECNL!!!!

Oakwood girls please do not take our roster spots. They don't change rosters and you aren't good enough to play ECNL. Now stay away...please. Wahoo!!! My daughter plays ECNL!!

Comment

Sorry but US Soccer just posted put another dagger into ECNL. It told clubs last night when it is adding a single age u14 age group so when we girls DA starts it will now have u14, u15, u16/17 and u18/19 ages.

Comment

Sorry but US Soccer just posted put another dagger into ECNL. It told clubs last night when it is adding a single age u14 age group so when we girls DA starts it will now have u14, u15, u16/17 and u18/19 ages.
              link? I can see why they'd try and do it, but have a hard time believing they'd spring this on clubs now

Comment

Um, that was boys and in response to the ENPL league.

Comment

link? I can see why they'd try and do it, but have a hard time believing they'd spring this on clubs now
                  Sorry, but he's right.

Now the 8th graders will have a full year of Academy before having to make the HS decision. Well played DAP, well played.

Comment

Yes that was for boys, DA

http://www.ussoccerda.com/20170110-n...2017-18-season

Comment

Sorry, but he's right.

Now the 8th graders will have a full year of Academy before having to make the HS decision. Well played DAP, well played.
                      USSF should just adopt the ECNL handbook her baton. They are putting out the same exact everything. Again, if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck ...... As their format gets closer and closer to ECNL (# of teams, age groups, #practices per week, cost, , same coaches, some of the same clubs ....) doesn't it reinforce to everyone that this was clearly a money and power grab and not about the sport or the kids? Thanks USSF I hope GDA fails miserably and takes the boys program down with it as well. Why is youth soccer around the world so riddled with power hungry grubs?

Comment

Sorry, but he's right.

It's TS so I don't trust anything without proof. Like I said I can see why they'd want to do i. they want to get their hooks into younger players - which is what they should have started with the begin with. Start with U12-U14 to train them the way USSF wants and make them less likely to leave once HS decisions have to be made.

Comment

USSF should just adopt the ECNL handbook her baton. They are putting out the same exact everything. Again, if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck ...... As their format gets closer and closer to ECNL (# of teams, age groups, #practices per week, cost, , same coaches, some of the same clubs ....) doesn't it reinforce to everyone that this was clearly a money and power grab and not about the sport or the kids? Thanks USSF I hope GDA fails miserably and takes the boys program down with it as well. Why is youth soccer around the world so riddled with power hungry grubs?
                          "Her baton" should have read "verbatim".

Comment

It is all of that - ECNL reboot 2.0. The power grab was already obvious, but now even more so. No wonder some clubs have dropped out and some others are considering it

http://www.soccerwire.com/news/clubs...da-membership/

Comment

It's TS so I don't trust anything without proof. Like I said I can see why they'd want to do i. they want to get their hooks into younger players - which is what they should have started with the begin with. Start with U12-U14 to train them the way USSF wants and make them less likely to leave once HS decisions have to be made.
                              You are right to be skeptical... the DA announced that change for boys and not girls

http://www.ussoccerda.com/20170110-n...2017-18-season

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X