Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College Programs

For aspiring woman soccer players looking for colleges to attend in New England, do your due diligence before you make a decision.

For NE programs, Bucknell, Brown and Lehigh are the better run programs. Kelly Cook at Bucknell is a young and talented coach while Coach Eric Lambinus at Lehigh is one of the more senior and well rounded coaches in the league.

On the opposite end is Holy Cross who just hired a 27 year old rookie coach, Casey Brown, who has taken an up and coming program and totally destroyed it with her controlling, dictatorial, and bullying style. Yelling, intimidating players, swearing, throwing stuff and dividing the team against itself is the result after only 1 season.

Other programs have had similar issues but were quick to fire and replace with a competent coach but that's not the expectation at HoCro.

If you're considering playing for a woman's soccer program in the NE, research the coach and style first and foremost.

Originally posted by hocrows123 View Post
    For aspiring woman soccer players looking for colleges to attend in New England, do your due diligence before you make a decision.

For NE programs, Bucknell, Brown and Lehigh are the better run programs. Kelly Cook at Bucknell is a young and talented coach while Coach Eric Lambinus at Lehigh is one of the more senior and well rounded coaches in the league.

On the opposite end is Holy Cross who just hired a 27 year old rookie coach, Casey Brown, who has taken an up and coming program and totally destroyed it with her controlling, dictatorial, and bullying style. Yelling, intimidating players, swearing, throwing stuff and dividing the team against itself is the result after only 1 season.

Other programs have had similar issues but were quick to fire and replace with a competent coach but that's not the expectation at HoCro.

If you're considering playing for a woman's soccer program in the NE, research the coach and style first and foremost.
    Brown I thought was supposed to be an up and coming coach. Looks like she found out being an asst coach Was on 30 under 30 list, made all those YouTube videos. Now I am hearing she cut players from PDA, her recruiting class for 2017 is garbage. Shame, they are building a great indoor facility and things were really looking up for holy cross. Good thing they fired their last coach and brought her in.

Beware of that program

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Brown I thought was supposed to be an up and coming coach. Looks like she found out being an asst coach Was on 30 under 30 list, made all those YouTube videos. Now I am hearing she cut players from PDA, her recruiting class for 2017 is garbage. Shame, they are building a great indoor facility and things were really looking up for holy cross. Good thing they fired their last coach and brought her in.

Beware of that program
      it will be a loooooooooooong time before any CC girls play for this program

Comment

Beware of that program
        I hope the LS girl smartened up and is going elsewhere?

Comment

This is where parents need to play a role. Kids being kids don't always have a well developed sense of character. It's easy for them to fall for a well honed sales pitch by slick college coaches. Have your spidey sense running in full gear. If something doesn't feel right it probably isn't. More fact based is harder to get a piece of - it's hard to walk up to a current player and say "hey is this coach a di**?" But pay attention to what current players say and their level of enthusiasm. Also look at turnover for the last few years - high turnover is a warning flag

Comment

I heard the kids driven out were the weaker ones. That happens when a new coach comes in. Coach turnover is tricky, but I'm not sure this isn't personal. Our friend's daughter is there and she loves it.

Comment

Pay to play $chool

Comment

But how can that be? Female coaches don't do those things, only men do. Isn't that we are led to believe by all the parents who complain about their daughters male h.s., club and college coaches?

Comment

"controlling, dictatorial, and bullying style. Yelling, intimidating players, swearing, throwing stuff and dividing the team against itself" by Casey Brown? Her college coach and mentor was Nancy Feldman at BU.

Comment

But how can that be? Female coaches don't do those things, only men do. Isn't that we are led to believe by all the parents who complain about their daughters male h.s., club and college coaches?
                    BC is an awesome program.

Comment

"controlling, dictatorial, and bullying style. Yelling, intimidating players, swearing, throwing stuff and dividing the team against itself" by Casey Brown? Her college coach and mentor was Nancy Feldman at BU.
                      Hasn't that program been a train wreck for years? I'm not sure I'd classify it as "up and coming" as OP did.

Comment

The OP is a little too one-sided and for that reason, smacks of a smear job against CB by the family of a disgruntled HC upperclasswoman. No doubt CB is a very competitive person, wants to win and probably feels a lot of pressure to succeed given this is her first head coaching role, but I would have to agree that it's unlikely that everything she learned from NF (who is widely regarded as a gem) just up and flew out the window.

CB has been recognized as a young up and coming coach within the NSCAA, which to me says there are plenty of people that believe in her capabilities and methods. The OP seems a little too far off the deep end to be taken as a face value indicator of what's happening over at HC.

Comment

The OP is a little too one-sided and for that reason, smacks of a smear job against CB by the family of a disgruntled HC upperclasswoman. No doubt CB is a very competitive person, wants to win and probably feels a lot of pressure to succeed given this is her first head coaching role, but I would have to agree that it's unlikely that everything she learned from NF (who is widely regarded as a gem) just up and flew out the window.

CB has been recognized as a young up and coming coach within the NSCAA, which to me says there are plenty of people that believe in her capabilities and methods. The OP seems a little too far off the deep end to be taken as a face value indicator of what's happening over at HC.
                          I'm not sure how anyone could read and see this thread any other way.

Comment

a former CC player left HC because of these issues . AND NO I did not start this thread.

Comment

a former CC player left HC because of these issues . AND NO I did not start this thread.
                              sorry in advance, before anyone hangs me, but what does CC stand for?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X