Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If he is a WFF Brandon dad, he must not be happy that I kept the score at only 3-0 against them. The college coaches that were at the game must not be very impressed. Lol
    The only college coach there came to see a defender, I don't think he cared that WFF only scored 3.

Comment

Originally posted by I put my name on it View Post
      You could very well be right, I do not know definitively how the next round pairings will be done.
      Think about it this way. The brackets are the seeds, no matter who wins the group. A is the 1 seed, B is the 2 seed, etc...

A1 will play B2
      B1 will play A2
      CD
      EF
      GH
      Winner vs runner up and they get placed on opposite sides of the bracket so the only way there could be a rematch is in the final.

#1 A1 vs B2
      #8 H1 vs G2
      #4 D1 vs C2
      #5 E1 vs F2
      #3 C1 vs D2
      #6 F1 vs E2
      #2 B1 vs A2
      #7 G1 vs H2

This goes for every age group boys or girls. So if their pre seedings go the way it's supposed to after the round of 16
      1 v 8
      4 v 5
      3 v 6
      2 v 7

Then semifinals
      1 v 4
      2 v 3

That is the idea they are going for from the start of Round 2

Comment

WFF v OCYS for spot in final 4 - the smack talk will finally be settled on he field.
        THis would b Sunday's game? Wff be in deep doo doo

Comment

Think about it this way. The brackets are the seeds, no matter who wins the group. A is the 1 seed, B is the 2 seed, etc...

A1 will play B2
          B1 will play A2
          CD
          EF
          GH
          Winner vs runner up and they get placed on opposite sides of the bracket so the only way there could be a rematch is in the final.

#1 A1 vs B2
          #8 H1 vs G2
          #4 D1 vs C2
          #5 E1 vs F2
          #3 C1 vs D2
          #6 F1 vs E2
          #2 B1 vs A2
          #7 G1 vs H2

This goes for every age group boys or girls. So if their pre seedings go the way it's supposed to after the round of 16
          1 v 8
          4 v 5
          3 v 6
          2 v 7

Then semifinals
          1 v 4
          2 v 3

That is the idea they are going for from the start of Round 2
          Dumb***** seed 1 wouldn't play seed 2 in the round of 8. Seed 1 will play seed 8, etc.

Comment

THis would b Sunday's game? Wff be in deep doo doo
            OCYS starts the trash talking - be careful what you wish for - I think WFF is the team to beat and will beat OCYS, Clay and ACYS to win it all.

Comment

OCYS starts the trash talking - be careful what you wish for - I think WFF is the team to beat and will beat OCYS, Clay and ACYS to win it all.
              Don't count your chickens just yet. WFF is set up for an upset. I wouldn't be surprised if Coral Estates takes WFF down.

Comment

Don't count your chickens just yet. WFF is set up for an upset. I wouldn't be surprised if Coral Estates takes WFF down.
                Actually, the easiest prediction for the weekend will be the bitching and yelling on he sidelines in his game. I'll bet that some parent gets booted from this one.

Comment

Don't think, you weaken the team..... DA!

Comment

I seem to recall OCYS was trash talking last year too and then they got knocked out by a b team.

Comment

I seem to recall OCYS was trash talking last year too and then they got knocked out by a b team.
                      You recall..... Two wrongs don't make a right, take your parents as an example.

Comment

OCYS better be careful - BSA played them to a tough 4-3 result in FSPL.

Comment

OCYS better be careful - BSA played them to a tough 4-3 result in FSPL.
                          I'd like to see things from your point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my arse....

Comment

Two weeks of these bozos from WFF and OCYS. It would be poetic justice if both lost.

Comment

Two weeks of these bozos from WFF and OCYS. It would be poetic justice if both lost.
                              If ignorance is bliss, you must be the happiest person on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by I put my name on it View Post
                                Before we get into today's results and final advancers, FYSA finds a new way to look incompetent. Group H is not the dumpster fire we thought it was yesterday. FCDEC did NOT beat IMG, the score was transversed. While that subtracts an INCORRECT from my tally, I will not take credit for a result I didn't publish (even though nobody with half a brain would think I WOULD HAVE picked FCDEC to beat IMG). My record from yesterday is then 11-1-2 and my State Cup stats are 44-10-13.

So here are today's results:
                                Indian River vs. ACYS No doubt here, ACYS.
                                CORRECT

Brevard Soccer Alliance vs Wellington Wellington fights for their State Cup life and BSA can clinch a Round of 16 spot with a win. One would hope that BSA can win, and I will go with that.
                                CORRECT

Miami Lakes vs. OCYS Broken and defeated Miami Lakes is no match for OCYS.
                                CORRECT, but this was closer than it should be.

Palm Beach Gardens vs. AC Delray This SHOULD be the battle for the second slot, unless somehow PBG gets a draw or win over OCYS on Saturday. I think this will be one helluva game, so I will make it my GAME OF THE DAY and pick Palm Beach Gardens.
                                CORRECT, FINALLY PBG wins a game they should and keeps their slot in FSPL next year.

Miramar United Black vs. WFF Brandon "On any given day"....but not today. WFF Brandon wins on the big stages.
                                CORRECT. WOW, put an exclamation point on it, WFF Brandon beats down Miramar and sweeps their group.

Rush vs. Pinecrest I think Pinecrest will deliver and advance to the Round of 16.
                                DRAW, this is an embarrassment for Pinecrest. After playing WFF to a 3-3 tie until the final ten minutes or so and mopping up Miramar Black, Pinecrest almost let their State Cup dream slip away. Unable to score in the first 75 minutes, Pinecrest gave up a goal to Rush to go down 1-0, a result that would have ended their quest. In the waning minutes, Pinecrest finds the back of the net off a set play to tie and stumble into the Round of 16.

Tampa Rangers vs. Coral Estates Coral Estates, the Rangers are done.
                                DRAW, can somewhat tell me what in the world happened to Coral Estate. A contender going into this tournament they let their group get away from them with a draw against the TAMPA RANGERS. SMDH, let me say that again, Coral Estates could only eke out a draw in a game where a win locks up the group. I don't know what is wrong at CES, but they have 2 weeks to figure it out.

Coral Springs United vs. Warner I said they would take second in their group, to do so Warner has to win.
                                CORRECT, though I am still noncommittal on respect. They still need a signature win. A surprisingly weak group allows the Region D team to advance.

WFF Pinellas vs. Davie United Davie will win to clinch second in the group.
                                CORRECT, but Davie does NOT take second, they finish a disappointing third. Ranked 6th in the State on GotSoccer and 16th on youthsoccerrankings.us, AND finishing FIFTH in FSPL, this team looked poised to advance. The group was probably one of the more evenly matched and tougher groups to advance from, but Davie should have been able to navigate that minefield.

IMG Blue vs. GPS Orlando IMG for the win.
                                DRAW & IMG wins the group on the second tie-breaker, Goal Differential. Remember kids, I told you after Round 1 that in group play EVERY goal for or against counts and could make a huge difference.

Lee County vs. FC Dallas Emerald Coast Pfft...Lee County
                                INCORRECT, I am not sure what happened to the Lee County Strikers. Here is a team that finished FIFTH in FSPL and should have been positioned to make it to the quarterfinals. Instead, pack your bags and head home.

I went 7-1-3 today and through Round 2 of State Cup I am 51-11-16.

Round of 16
                                IF FYSA follows past precedent and uses this advancement schema:
                                Bracket A #1 vs. Bracket H #2
                                Bracket B #1 vs. Bracket G #2
                                Bracket C #1 vs. Bracket F #2
                                Bracket D #1 vs. Bracket E #2
                                Bracket E #1 vs. Bracket D #2
                                Bracket F #1 vs. Bracket C #2
                                Bracket G #1 vs. Bracket B #2
                                Bracket H #1 vs. Bracket A #2

Here are the matchups:
                                Clay vs. GPS Orlando
                                GPS West Black vs. Strictly
                                ACYS vs. Coral Estates
                                OCYS vs. Pinecrest Premier
                                WFF Brandon vs. Palm Beach Gardens
                                Warner vs. Brevard Soccer Alliance
                                Miramar United Red vs. Chargers
                                IMG Blue vs. JAYFC Armada

Have a great rest of the weekend, see you in about tens days for the Round of 16 preview!
                                So are these matchups incorrect? Who is playing who?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X