Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls's tryouts for the rest of us

Okay, on the girls' side, if we allow that OW, FSA ECNL/NPL, CFC ECNL/NPL, YU NPL, where should the rest of us try out for premier at U14 and older?

Northwest, Southwest, North Central, South Central, Northeast, and Southeast?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Okay, on the girls' side, if we allow that OW, FSA ECNL/NPL, CFC ECNL/NPL, YU NPL, where should the rest of us try out for premier at U14 and older?

At the hs age it gets trickier. Some of those listed, along with CFC branches, EA, BS have teams but not always at every age - with obvious differences in talent and coaching quality. To me it almost is like when they're young - stick with something close to home with solid coaching and teammates they like.

Comment

Mistyped. Should be:

Okay, on the girls' side, if we allow that OW, FSA ECNL/NPL, CFC ECNL/NPL, YU NPL are the college route and the best of the best, where should the rest of us try out for premier at U14 and older?

Comment

Mistyped. Should be:

Okay, on the girls' side, if we allow that OW, FSA ECNL/NPL, CFC ECNL/NPL, YU NPL are the college route and the best of the best, where should the rest of us try out for premier at U14 and older?

I think AFC is a good option in the ages they have teams. I would avoid CT Rush. I don't have any connection with Rush but have just heard too much negativity from friends of mine not to believe the 'where there's smoke, there's fire' adage. I've been impressed with CFC Wolves the times I've seen them. South Central has little to offer at older ages as most stronger players leave around U13-U14. Southeast FC is a good option if you live east of New Haven. There are a lot of bad clubs in CT. Good luck.

Comment

Mistyped. Should be:

In Northwest Ct there are not a lot of options. There is CFC Real in New Milford and Ct Rush in Watertown, both have boys and girls teams at various ages. Northwest Rovers have a U-16 and a U-18 team on the girls side.

There are a couple of town premier teams ; a U-14 boys premier team sponsored by Northwest United Travel club and a U-14/15 Girls premier team sponsored by the Litchfield Soccer club .

Comment

In Northwest Ct there are not a lot of options. There is CFC Real in New Milford and Ct Rush in Watertown, both have boys and girls teams at various ages. Northwest Rovers have a U-16 and a U-18 team on the girls side.

There are a couple of town premier teams ; a U-14 boys premier team sponsored by Northwest United Travel club and a U-14/15 Girls premier team sponsored by the Litchfield Soccer club .
            They suck.

Comment

They suck.
              This is so completely unhelpful. If they are bad, tell us why. More likely this is just a reflexive negative post with no knowledge behind it -- and no with or cleverness. Useless.

The NW United boys u14 team is quite good. They held their own when they played Oakwood last fall. However I believe this Spring is the last season for this team, and after that they will disband.

Comment

This is so completely unhelpful. If they are bad, tell us why. More likely this is just a reflexive negative post with no knowledge behind it -- and no with or cleverness. Useless.

The NW United boys u14 team is quite good. They held their own when they played Oakwood last fall. However I believe this Spring is the last season for this team, and after that they will disband.
                Ok so that's one U14 boys team that by your account won't be around next year. How is that helpful for someone looking for a HS girls team? Oh yeah, it isn't helpful at all. Yes "they suck" isn't helpful but it's part and parcel for TS. It's mostly entertainment value with tiny bits of actual information sprinkled on like jimmies on a sundae

Comment

Ok so that's one U14 boys team that by your account won't be around next year. How is that helpful for someone looking for a HS girls team? Oh yeah, it isn't helpful at all. Yes "they suck" isn't helpful but it's part and parcel for TS. It's mostly entertainment value with tiny bits of actual information sprinkled on like jimmies on a sundae
                  Agree it doesn't help the op but it does help someone else who might have heard of that team and was thinking it might be an option for them. So that post did add to the knowledge pool out there, unlike the "they suck" post.

Comment

Agree it doesn't help the op but it does help someone else who might have heard of that team and was thinking it might be an option for them. So that post did add to the knowledge pool out there, unlike the "they suck" post.
                    But it has nothing to do with the thread topic.

- different poster who doesn't have time to read all the non-related garbage on this site

Comment

I think AFC is a good option in the ages they have teams. I would avoid CT Rush. I don't have any connection with Rush but have just heard too much negativity from friends of mine not to believe the 'where there's smoke, there's fire' adage. I've been impressed with CFC Wolves the times I've seen them. South Central has little to offer at older ages as most stronger players leave around U13-U14. Southeast FC is a good option if you live east of New Haven. There are a lot of bad clubs in CT. Good luck.
                      we're an afc family on the boys side, and are happy. I think the girls side is even better from what I have heard from other parents (quality of teams, overall coaching, etc).

Comment

But it has nothing to do with the thread topic.

- different poster who doesn't have time to read all the non-related garbage on this site
                        Whyte are you even on ts then? Pretty much no thread is limited to the original topic! You must be very frustrated.

Comment

How about FC way? If you can't/don't want YU and BS doesn't have a team (or you're just plain worried about their lack of interest on the girls side) then what? CFC Arsenal seems to fall apart for HS. Revolution has one team. EA is rebuilding girls but only have one HS aged team right now. Rush - no thanks. My D is good but not ECNL good and doesn't like YU. She's trying out for CFC NPL but not sure of her chances given the number of CFC players at tryouts. Start looking in NY?

Comment

So, looking to escape the endless travel associated with NPL/ECNL, I looked at the CJSA leagues. At the U16 level, there are two Wolves teams in the Elite bracket. Two? How does that happen?

Wolves used to be a very capable club. Not sure any more. I took a look at the premier leagues. Very few teams over U14. It's a shame.

Comment

So, looking to escape the endless travel associated with NPL/ECNL, I looked at the CJSA leagues. At the U16 level, there are two Wolves teams in the Elite bracket. Two? How does that happen?

Wolves used to be a very capable club. Not sure any more. I took a look at the premier leagues. Very few teams over U14. It's a shame.
                              It really is a soccer wasteland after U14. It is a shame because lots of girls are still quite good and still want to play, but don't want the travel commitment of a regional team. They just enjoy playing, probably don't have college aspirations but that's fine. My D will be in this boat next year and I have no idea what she'll do.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X