Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    As a Surf parent, Larry has made us look bad, but Surf really does the right thing for the players. We are happy, but we may have a decision to make in Surf does not get ECNL or DA in Westchester. Haven't been promised anything. Have hope though.
    Have you told Surf management that he's ruining the brand

Comment

I don't think LM is completely at fault. NY Surf owners/management also bears blame. They said they were going to get the GDA the first time around. But the delays in announcing their top dog coaches were botched. The first one decided not to leave NJ. The second one dragged on forever. We guessed it was Sue Ryan long before her name was finally released. At the dramatic buildup LM was creating didn't pan out as "blockbuster" as he intended. Her announcement was pretty much without fanfare.

The flip flop of no LI/oh yes we'll be in LI hurt credibility. Suddenly changing tryout venues also hurt. The suggested connections of SD Surf to NY Surf was a huge over reach as clearly the East Coast version has not been as successful as the West Coast version.

And now with the addition of the professional teams, the club soccer teams clearly become their funding vehicle.

I would think twice about Surf. If the training is great and your kid likes it, great. If you think your kid will get into the coach's D1 school, think again. You have to start at earlier age (like U14) to get groomed by college coach to be able to play his or her style in college. Look at that coach's recruiting class that was just signed. Where are those players coming from? What clubs did they play for? And did any of those coaches use their club affiliation and get any SD Surf kids on their roster?

Comment

I don't think LM is completely at fault. NY Surf owners/management also bears blame. They said they were going to get the GDA the first time around. But the delays in announcing their top dog coaches were botched. The first one decided not to leave NJ. The second one dragged on forever. We guessed it was Sue Ryan long before her name was finally released. At the dramatic buildup LM was creating didn't pan out as "blockbuster" as he intended. Her announcement was pretty much without fanfare.

The flip flop of no LI/oh yes we'll be in LI hurt credibility. Suddenly changing tryout venues also hurt. The suggested connections of SD Surf to NY Surf was a huge over reach as clearly the East Coast version has not been as successful as the West Coast version.

And now with the addition of the professional teams, the club soccer teams clearly become their funding vehicle.

I would think twice about Surf. If the training is great and your kid likes it, great. If you think your kid will get into the coach's D1 school, think again. You have to start at earlier age (like U14) to get groomed by college coach to be able to play his or her style in college. Look at that coach's recruiting class that was just signed. Where are those players coming from? What clubs did they play for? And did any of those coaches use their club affiliation and get any SD Surf kids on their roster?
        Don't use SD Surf kids as a surrogate for NY. Cali kids and SD Surf are a completely different level than here. Even if Surf can build NY into a similar powerhouse it will take time. It takes a few years to build up a club, even one with a national reputation. Then if it it isn't managed well at the local level (and they're off to a rough start) then that national name won't matter anyway

Comment

I can tell you if NY Surf wants a GDA they are going to have to ramp up their game quickly. Just got back from the Capelli Indoor Sports Center at Met Life which is Cedar Star's indoor home. Extremely nice facility!!! I was very impressed!! 2 indoor turf fields, a full futsal court, a mini-turf field for 1v1/2v2 work (they call it "The Cage"), another mini-enclosed area for 1v1 work, a study area for the players with free wi-fi, a gear shop, and a snack bar (which I thought was the only disappointment). And its in a heated building!! No freezing butt off at a bubble. I've been to at least 15 indoor places in Northern and Central NJ and this is by far the best one. The other places are usually multi-purpose with hockey, lacrosse, batting cages, etc. This one is soccer-only and has space to add other things. And Cedar Stars owns it.

I have a feeling Cedar Stars is going to do better than NY Surf in this area for soccer. At least the western side of the city and parts of NJ. Even PDA cannot compete with their rented Rutgers gym facilities for indoor.

Comment

I can tell you if NY Surf wants a GDA they are going to have to ramp up their game quickly. Just got back from the Capelli Indoor Sports Center at Met Life which is Cedar Star's indoor home. Extremely nice facility!!! I was very impressed!! 2 indoor turf fields, a full futsal court, a mini-turf field for 1v1/2v2 work (they call it "The Cage"), another mini-enclosed area for 1v1 work, a study area for the players with free wi-fi, a gear shop, and a snack bar (which I thought was the only disappointment). And its in a heated building!! No freezing butt off at a bubble. I've been to at least 15 indoor places in Northern and Central NJ and this is by far the best one. The other places are usually multi-purpose with hockey, lacrosse, batting cages, etc. This one is soccer-only and has space to add other things. And Cedar Stars owns it.

I have a feeling Cedar Stars is going to do better than NY Surf in this area for soccer. At least the western side of the city and parts of NJ. Even PDA cannot compete with their rented Rutgers gym facilities for indoor.
            Plus CS older two divisions will be free...allegedly

Comment

Plus CS older two divisions will be free...allegedly
              Why allegedly? That info comes directly from the cs.

Comment

The extra teams/club pickups will pay for the free stuff.

Comment

Why allegedly? That info comes directly from the cs.
                  CS has a solid BDA. I'm sure they will have success with GDA. I think with the free older groups it will pull top players from SB/PDA and WC.

Do the RBs have any future in GDA? I don't see how they may fit in, IF they decide to stay in NJ. Seems pretty saturated now. Probably the main reason MF pulled out.

Comment

CS has a solid BDA. I'm sure they will have success with GDA. I think with the free older groups it will pull top players from SB/PDA and WC.

Do the RBs have any future in GDA? I don't see how they may fit in, IF they decide to stay in NJ. Seems pretty saturated now. Probably the main reason MF pulled out.
                    Why wouldn't the Red Bulls stay in NJ

Comment

Why wouldn't the Red Bulls stay in NJ
                      Silly comment, they have too much invested locally: stadium, fan base, academy, RDS to fund the academy and most importantly they and NYCFC have a protected territory.

Comment

Larry talking to himself again. I knew he plays with himself but I guess he talks with himself also. The "anonymous" post followed by his quick reply is so obvious.

If LM compliments lead to what happened to Surf, his insults should lead to fantastic success!

Keep it coming Larry, you pathetic impotent old man.

Comment

Larry talking to himself again. I knew he plays with himself but I guess he talks with himself also. The "anonymous" post followed by his quick reply is so obvious.

If LM compliments lead to what happened to Surf, his insults should lead to fantastic success!

Keep it coming Larry, you pathetic impotent old man.
                          Oh he's at it again....

Poster: What does this do for Surfs chances for GDA?

LM: It has no effect on Surf getting the GDA if Surf wants it.

Poster: Surf Certainly can't get it in Westchester. Perhaps on the Island, if Slick doesn't block them

LM: Whoever you are you are way off base. I guess you're not in the loop. Anyway, I stand by my statement. If you feel I am wrong put your name to your comment and then maybe I'll hip you to what you don't know or even have a clue.

Then there was this exchange as well. He really has no friggin' clue about anything.

LM: It has no effect on Surf getting the GDA if Surf wants it, or the ECNL.

Poster: It sounds like surf will be getting ecnl in westchester. Nycfc with academy in Rockland and possibly NYSC with academy in westchester. That's why your reply to someone's question the other day was that everyone will be happy. Am I right?

LM: You are not about NY NY Surf FC. As far as NYCFC goes I have no idea why a Pro Men's club wants to get involved with girls youth soccer UNLESS NYFC is going to attempt to enter a team in the NWSL and bring a women's pro team into the 5 Boros.

Comment

The only thing LM is "hip" to is maybe a hip replacement.

He is way past his expiration date in local soccer and proves it all them time. He thinks he is helping Surf by putting down others but he names trainers that have nothing to do with a particular team being discussed or a person that may have been gone for years already!

Everyone knows he is clueless. Do what Opposite George Costanza did, stay away from everything LM hawks and join everything he trashes.

Comment

Oh he's at it again....

Poster: Surf Certainly can't get it in Westchester. Perhaps on the Island, if Slick doesn't block them

LM: Whoever you are you are way off base. I guess you're not in the loop. Anyway, I stand by my statement. If you feel I am wrong put your name to your comment and then maybe I'll hip you to what you don't know or even have a clue.

Then there was this exchange as well. He really has no friggin' clue about anything.

Poster: It sounds like surf will be getting ecnl in westchester. Nycfc with academy in Rockland and possibly NYSC with academy in westchester. That's why your reply to someone's question the other day was that everyone will be happy. Am I right?

LM: You are not about NY NY Surf FC. As far as NYCFC goes I have no idea why a Pro Men's club wants to get involved with girls youth soccer UNLESS NYFC is going to attempt to enter a team in the NWSL and bring a women's pro team into the 5 Boros.
                              When is Surf management going to put a gag on this guy? He's only making them look bad..."if they want it"? Like they would reject GDA with tryouts around the corner.

Comment

Oh he's at it again....

The first set of questions was me. I was surprised he answered the first one. So I had to get him fired up with the second one

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X