Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey dope, I know the "OP" talked about diamonds in the rough. Even in the context of that post he made no sense.

Who do you think brought the LDs in to the discussion with the phony 10 year old, I have no clue about anything bit, and just so happened to provide a lengthy post about it all this morning?
    You need to stop. I did write the one LD post that commiserated but did not start the subtopic. This is an example of how you blame me of being "duplicitious" when the simple fact is someone shared something that I happen to have something in common with. You also grossly overestimate how much I post here as well. I've actually added little to the number of posts in this thread. I have no idea if LD post is a fiction (I suspect not because it rings remarkably true with my experience) but on an anonymous forum who knows for certain. You have been falsely accusing me of all sorts of things because of your false assumptions for years. Usually I just ignore you but I happen to have pretty strong feelings about the LD issue and sports. Your constant heartless bashing of my daughter for choosing MCLA is a pretty good example of why the issue should be discussed. You judge the hell out of her and me for that choice but the fact you never seem to accept is that academic fit encompasses so much more that just SAT scores. People like you equate the name of the school on a diploma with intelligence but usually miss the impact issues like LDs have on such things. Ignorant people like you just don't seem to comprehend that there is a huge difference between being intelligent and being a successful student.

--BTDT

Comment

You need to stop. I did write the one LD post that commiserated but did not start the subtopic. This is an example of how you blame me of being "duplicitious" when the simple fact is someone shared something that I happen to have something in common with. You also grossly overestimate how much I post here as well. I've actually added little to the number of posts in this thread. I have no idea if LD post is a fiction (I suspect not because it rings remarkably true with my experience) but on an anonymous forum who knows for certain. You have been falsely accusing me of all sorts of things because of your false assumptions for years. Usually I just ignore you but I happen to have pretty strong feelings about the LD issue and sports. Your constant heartless bashing of my daughter for choosing MCLA is a pretty good example of why the issue should be discussed. You judge the hell out of her and me for that choice but the fact you never seem to accept is that academic fit encompasses so much more that just SAT scores. People like you equate the name of the school on a diploma with intelligence but usually miss the impact issues like LDs have on such things. Ignorant people like you just don't seem to comprehend that there is a huge difference between being intelligent and being a successful student.

--BTDT
      I realize that this idiot will claim that I am BTNT responding to my own post, but I am a different person with a child that has dyslexia and ADHD. I appreciate the responses from everyone except the paranoid clown.

Comment

--BTDT
        Now you're publicly revealing and talking about your kid's medical history. Is there nothing you won't do? Your kid didn't "choose" MCLA, unless you mean under tremendous duress from you. You may have forgotten how and why she "chose" that school. I recall that it had to do with her desire to keep playing soccer and your refusal to provide her any assistance if she did so. You're also conveniently misrepresenting the type of schools she qualified for and could have gained admission to.

"Good luck."

Comment

Hope it's not true, but, again, a little too obvious. Pathetic. Can't control the impulse to overreach which is always the best giveaway....the stand-alone "Good Luck." And then, out of the hundreds of posters who visit here, who just happens to provide the rejoinder "very similar story" post? Guy is just so, so sick. When you think about who he is it's just worse and difficult to imagine.
          I wrote this and am not BTDT. I shared a true experience, on the off chance a few people here are actually in the same situation my family faced, and not just trolling each other. And we faced it twice, both very different, but I didn't have the energy to detail child #2.

Comment

--BTDT
            And I am the original poster who started this thread to begin with. I am a female. My question pertained to recruiting outside of the elite leagues. Then it evolved into the LD discussion. Every time I have ever posted on this forum, I have been accused of being you BTDT, and I don't know who this accusing wingnut is, but I appreciate your experience both with the LD issue and the recruiting issue. Unfortunately, the accuser interrupts every discussion. It's pretty frustrating but I'm glad the people who care about the topic (both recruiting and LD athletes) cared enough to continue posting. They are both valid issues. Good luck...it appears you have a cyber stalker.

Comment

And I am the original poster who started this thread to begin with. I am a female. My question pertained to recruiting outside of the elite leagues. Then it evolved into the LD discussion. Every time I have ever posted on this forum, I have been accused of being you BTDT, and I don't know who this accusing wingnut is, but I appreciate your experience both with the LD issue and the recruiting issue. Unfortunately, the accuser interrupts every discussion. It's pretty frustrating but I'm glad the people who care about the topic (both recruiting and LD athletes) cared enough to continue posting. They are both valid issues. Good luck...it appears you have a cyber stalker.
              Thanks, BTNT. Again, the overreach does it every time. Every time you've posted? Really? The % of overall posts suggested as BTNT's is well less than 1%. Maybe you're a close cousin with the exact same concerns. Your opening post, btw, with the convoluted ECNL player/bad student versus unknown superstar/great student made no sense.....especially from a savvy poster like yourself who always without fail is deemed BTNT.

Comment

Thanks, BTNT. Again, the overreach does it every time. Every time you've posted? Really? The % of overall posts suggested as BTNT's is well less than 1%. Maybe you're a close cousin with the exact same concerns. Your opening post, btw, with the convoluted ECNL player/bad student versus unknown superstar/great student made no sense.....especially from a savvy poster like yourself who always without fail is deemed BTNT.
                Who is over reaching?

Comment

My original post was about colleges finding a diamond in the rough. And the posters who responded with comments about ECNL being a filter, given a low recruiting budget made sense to me. As did the responses about academics opening more opportunities but perhaps at a D2 or D3 level. You have zero respect for anyone on this board because of your obsession with BTDT or BTNT. You never offer anything of substance. In fact, all you appear to do is accuse people wrongly of being that person. Your input is meaningless and a nuisance. It interrupts discussions, some of which people actually care about. You don't, obviously care about anything related to soccer or kids, or coaching, or recruiting, so I wonder why you are here.

Comment

My original post was about colleges finding a diamond in the rough. And the posters who responded with comments about ECNL being a filter, given a low recruiting budget made sense to me. As did the responses about academics opening more opportunities but perhaps at a D2 or D3 level. You have zero respect for anyone on this board because of your obsession with BTDT or BTNT. You never offer anything of substance. In fact, all you appear to do is accuse people wrongly of being that person. Your input is meaningless and a nuisance. It interrupts discussions, some of which people actually care about. You don't, obviously care about anything related to soccer or kids, or coaching, or recruiting, so I wonder why you are here.
                    Pretty myopic response. You obviously don't know much about this board or who has contributed what, and who has bashed who, and all the rest.

Comment

Now you're publicly revealing and talking about your kid's medical history. Is there nothing you won't do? Your kid didn't "choose" MCLA, unless you mean under tremendous duress from you. You may have forgotten how and why she "chose" that school. I recall that it had to do with her desire to keep playing soccer and your refusal to provide her any assistance if she did so. You're also conveniently misrepresenting the type of schools she qualified for and could have gained admission to.

"Good luck."
                      I am going to answer your wild accusations for the umpteenth time. You always read your own self serving interpretations into my posts and at this stage it is beyond annoying. This post is primarily motivated to help the other lady. While she had the grades and scores to get into a lot of places, my oldest daughter hated school and at that stage in life only wanted to play soccer. I literally tried to get her interested in schools like Kenyon and Washington and Lee but she wanted no part of them. All she was interested in was playing soccer and unfortunately she wasn't a great soccer player like my youngest. Truthfully my wife and I knew from very early on that she was never going to parlay soccer into any sort of career. We were far more objective than you will ever be able to conceive of. We were just dealing with a difficult situation really exacerbated by learning problems. On one hand if it weren't for soccer my daughter probably never would have even applied to college but on the other hand soccer really complicated things like the school choices because she was so fixated on it she never actually looked at the education part. You have always confused us trying to use soccer as a carrot to actually take her education seriously with some sort of weird anti-education (academic D3) bias and that we were trying to force her to get a scholarship. Truthfully I saw my daughter as a very low level D1/high level D2 prospect and like most parents all that I wanted to do was help my kid stay on a positive track and realize some of her dreams. What we were saying to her back then was that if she wasn't going to take her education seriously we weren't going to pay for it and if all she was going to do was play soccer, then she needed to find someone else to pay for the pleasure of her doing that. Now I do know a thing or two about how recruiting works and I did help that daughter land an 80% scholarship. I did that because I wasn't prepared to throw her to wolves and let her fail in life so shoot me, but don't misconstrue that as I was psyched with the choices. My message here has always been to be brutally objective about your kid's strengths and weaknesses both on the soccer field and in the classroom but you still have to factor in the kid themselves because if they aren't on the same sheet of music, all the best laid plans will go right out the window. From where I sit your recipe has always been to shoot for the stars whereas my experience has been that unless you have a real legitimate shot at reaching them, all that really ends up doing is throwing bodies into the meat grinder. I personally am very proud of my daughter, she graduated from MCLA with honors and is now working her way through nursing school. I think that is pretty good outcome for a kid who we weren't sure was even going to college. Years ago this all started when I shared my experience walking her through the recruiting process. I offered that experience to help people exactly like the women who authored the LD posts. At this stage of the game I could care less if you respect me or my kid, from where I sit you are a very troubled person who get's their jollies bashing kids with problems. You are a miserable human being.

Comment

Pretty myopic response. You obviously don't know much about this board or who has contributed what, and who has bashed who, and all the rest.
                        Maybe not. But I will still be accused of being BTDT or BTNT regardless.

Comment

Maybe not. But I will still be accused of being BTDT or BTNT regardless.
                          Taking you at your word, I hope you will speak up whenever that happens. Believe it or not a few of us actually are invested in being on target and knowing when we aren't (if and when the latter isn't just a function of routine denials).

Comment

I am going to answer your wild accusations for the umpteenth time. You always read your own self serving interpretations into my posts and at this stage it is beyond annoying. This post is primarily motivated to help the other lady. While she had the grades and scores to get into a lot of places, my oldest daughter hated school and at that stage in life only wanted to play soccer. I literally tried to get her interested in schools like Kenyon and Washington and Lee but she wanted no part of them. All she was interested in was playing soccer and unfortunately she wasn't a great soccer player like my youngest. Truthfully my wife and I knew from very early on that she was never going to parlay soccer into any sort of career. We were far more objective than you will ever be able to conceive of. We were just dealing with a difficult situation really exacerbated by learning problems. On one hand if it weren't for soccer my daughter probably never would have even applied to college but on the other hand soccer really complicated things like the school choices because she was so fixated on it she never actually looked at the education part. You have always confused us trying to use soccer as a carrot to actually take her education seriously with some sort of weird anti-education (academic D3) bias and that we were trying to force her to get a scholarship. Truthfully I saw my daughter as a very low level D1/high level D2 prospect and like most parents all that I wanted to do was help my kid stay on a positive track and realize some of her dreams. What we were saying to her back then was that if she wasn't going to take her education seriously we weren't going to pay for it and if all she was going to do was play soccer, then she needed to find someone else to pay for the pleasure of her doing that. Now I do know a thing or two about how recruiting works and I did help that daughter land an 80% scholarship. I did that because I wasn't prepared to throw her to wolves and let her fail in life so shoot me, but don't misconstrue that as I was psyched with the choices. My message here has always been to be brutally objective about your kid's strengths and weaknesses both on the soccer field and in the classroom but you still have to factor in the kid themselves because if they aren't on the same sheet of music, all the best laid plans will go right out the window. From where I sit your recipe has always been to shoot for the stars whereas my experience has been that unless you have a real legitimate shot at reaching them, all that really ends up doing is throwing bodies into the meat grinder. I personally am very proud of my daughter, she graduated from MCLA with honors and is now working her way through nursing school. I think that is pretty good outcome for a kid who we weren't sure was even going to college. Years ago this all started when I shared my experience walking her through the recruiting process. I offered that experience to help people exactly like the women who authored the LD posts. At this stage of the game I could care less if you respect me or my kid, from where I sit you are a very troubled person who get's their jollies bashing kids with problems. You are a miserable human being.
                            Interesting where you've focused and how far off you are for the most part.

You never talked about LDs before. You only talked before about your kid being unmotivated for and or disinterested in school.

You also know the issue is more with what you did with the second move, not the first. Given the family and the legacy most of us can understand why a kid and or the family would push for D1. You seem in denial about or oblivious to your part in that. Why do you think she might have been so focused on excelling athletically and getting to D1, after all?

You have always seemed to exaggerate her academic limitations to defend your punitive actions, which, indirectly, you admit above. I doubt she would have failed out at St Lawrence or William Smith or the like where the soccer would have fit her abilities better (based on what you have described and as you say being good enough to snag an 80% scholarship). You told us before she made all academic conference or whatever.

I have never bashed her even once. If anything I consistently have suggested that you undersold her and at a minimum undersupported her. You are the issue, and this is just one of a hundred issues.

You can deny til the cows come home. You have started more fictions here and bashed more people and more things than anyone could possibly remember. You're a train wreck. You calling anyone else here a problem is laughable.

Comment

Interesting where you've focused and how far off you are for the most part.

You never talked about LDs before. You only talked before about your kid being unmotivated for and or disinterested in school.

You also know the issue is more with what you did with the second move, not the first. Given the family and the legacy most of us can understand why a kid and or the family would push for D1. You seem in denial about or oblivious to your part in that. Why do you think she might have been so focused on excelling athletically and getting to D1, after all?

You have always seemed to exaggerate her academic limitations to defend your punitive actions, which, indirectly, you admit above. I doubt she would have failed out at St Lawrence or William Smith or the like where the soccer would have fit her abilities better (based on what you have described and as you say being good enough to snag an 80% scholarship). You told us before she made all academic conference or whatever.

I have never bashed her even once. If anything I consistently have suggested that you undersold her and at a minimum undersupported her. You are the issue, and this is just one of a hundred issues.

You can deny til the cows come home. You have started more fictions here and bashed more people and more things than anyone could possibly remember. You're a train wreck. You calling anyone else here a problem is laughable.
                              Do these 2 people actually know who the other one is? Why not just get it over with and meet up. Put the gloves on and go at it. At this stage of the game they've got to know each other right?

Comment

BTDT, are you now on the record as saying you would have paid for your kid to go to a W&L or Kenyon and let her play soccer?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X