X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ac ct

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'd agree with those two above but qualify EA only if it's an NPL team. Not sure what age CFCU starts and with their new facility in Bethany you can do it from Ffld county but it will still be an ugly ride. Possibly Revolution if you get the right coach, but that club is slipping a bit since Ole got involved.
    Thank you. So Beachside premier or CFC West are not a good option at all? I've seen both play/train (granted it was indoor) and both looked relatively strong and well coached. Thinking of one more year of straight premier at u14, then shoot for DA/ECNL at u15. Have not seen AC or Everton play yet, so I can't assess coaching or talent, but have heard positive things. I've heard Revolution is not an option.

Comment

Thank you. So Beachside premier or CFC West are not a good option at all? I've seen both play/train (granted it was indoor) and both looked relatively strong and well coached. Thinking of one more year of straight premier at u14, then shoot for DA/ECNL at u15. Have not seen AC or Everton play yet, so I can't assess coaching or talent, but have heard positive things. I've heard Revolution is not an option.
      different poster - yes Revolution used to be better but the owner sold out and it shows. CFC West would be at the bottom of that list - CFC branches for boys just aren't strong until you get to CFCU when they combine. BS has its fans and its detractors but DA definitely is the focus there. Agree with the other poster NPL only if you're thinking EA. The AC EDP teams I've seen have all been good but I heard (don't know if true) they have a few teams that are state level so you should ask (no one who might want DA should be on a state level team at this point).

Best bet is get him to some practices now to see what the coaching and possible teammates look like. Don't wait for tryout season - cattle calls are a terrible way to be seen and don't give you a chance to evaluate the program. And all the clubs purposely overlap their tryout dates to force choices

Comment

CFC United has a good program at U14 and above. If you can get on that time it's very good training

BS premier no

Yes
        AC CT
        Everton NPL
        CFC United

Maybe
        Revolution

Comment

Let's not forget to mention the DOC is the Danbury coach who got his team disqualified for playing an illegal player. Not a program I would want my child to be a part of.

Comment

Let's not forget to mention the DOC is the Danbury coach who got his team disqualified for playing an illegal player. Not a program I would want my child to be a part of.

Let's also not forget

- the Shelton team that benefited from that questionable decision had a faculty member on the committee who made the call
            - Danbury was not given a chance to appeal
            - appears it was the ADs office who made the error

or that

- AH is an excellent coach who has done great work at Danbury and New Milford prior
            - He coaches one team; AC has many other very good coaches
            - The club has built very quickly in a short amount of time. Families seem happy and teams are doing well. No rumors of inpropriety or bad behavior.

or let's not forget that there was a lot of bad blood with the AC/CFC split. AC has taken a big chunk out of CFCs market in that part of the state. CFC is motivated to take swipes at AC, so treat such posts as suspect. Nor does CFC have a clean record themselves - far worse in fact.

- coach

Comment

I think public sentiment is on the side of the Danbury team due to the archaic rule. It was not the fault of AH

In that area of the state AC CT has decimated CFC West and CFC Real has never taken off. Samba/West used to own those areas. When's the last time you have heard of them or the Gunners on the boys side

AC CT is well capitalized and isn't going anywhere. Its a big program with 13 boys teams. It pulls from Danbury, New Milford, Brookfield, Newtown, Bethel and other towns

Comment

I think public sentiment is on the side of the Danbury team due to the archaic rule. It was not the fault of AH

In that area of the state AC CT has decimated CFC West and CFC Real has never taken off. Samba/West used to own those areas. When's the last time you have heard of them or the Gunners on the boys side

AC CT is well capitalized and isn't going anywhere. Its a big program with 13 boys teams. It pulls from Danbury, New Milford, Brookfield, Newtown, Bethel and other towns
                And CFC hates that. AC trying to get a girls program running as well which would also move into CFC's turf. If BS moves into Monroe they have good reason to try and slam AC as well. TS is full of agendas

Comment

And CFC hates that. AC trying to get a girls program running as well which would also move into CFC's turf. If BS moves into Monroe they have good reason to try and slam AC as well. TS is full of agendas
                  Ole buying the land BS wanted.

Comment

Ole buying the land BS wanted.
                    Are you sure? The thread said they were buying land near BS

Comment

Are you sure? The thread said they were buying land near BS
                      Rumor is the BS plan is no more

Comment

Rumor is the BS plan is no more
                        That rumor has been around for awhile... anything concrete to say it's off

Comment

That rumor has been around for awhile... anything concrete to say it's off
                          I think they will get it because they have to get it. If they don't they are finished in 3 to 4 years.

Comment

I think they will get it because they have to get it. If they don't they are finished in 3 to 4 years.
                            Getting land isn't an issue. Getting financing is a different story. Also the Monroe location is far from ideal vs their current customer base where parents don't blink an eyelash at club soccer bills. they've managed without their own facilities for years. Maybe they can continue on without

Comment

Getting land isn't an issue. Getting financing is a different story. Also the Monroe location is far from ideal vs their current customer base where parents don't blink an eyelash at club soccer bills. they've managed without their own facilities for years. Maybe they can continue on without
                              Just heard another rumour they tried to get into fields at Trinity Catholics new turf in Stamford.

Comment

Let's also not forget

- the Shelton team that benefited from that questionable decision had a faculty member on the committee who made the call
                                - Danbury was not given a chance to appeal
                                - appears it was the ADs office who made the error

or that

- AH is an excellent coach who has done great work at Danbury and New Milford prior
                                - He coaches one team; AC has many other very good coaches
                                - The club has built very quickly in a short amount of time. Families seem happy and teams are doing well. No rumors of inpropriety or bad behavior.

or let's not forget that there was a lot of bad blood with the AC/CFC split. AC has taken a big chunk out of CFCs market in that part of the state. CFC is motivated to take swipes at AC, so treat such posts as suspect. Nor does CFC have a clean record themselves - far worse in fact.

- coach
                                Don't deflect it as a CFC post. That was a Shelton dig at the Danbury coach.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X