Ole new facility

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like a turf field boom is underway in the area. Good for soccer.

Comment

Ole indoor facility is terrible, all three of them to be honest. Clean and good for fun, but not suitable for high level soccer or high level training. Even at youth levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        They bought out Revolution so they have that plus all the camps and programs they run. The two spots they have in Ffld are very small

Problem with Monroe is Ole's base is more Fairfield. We know some of those FFld parents don't want any kind of inconveniences :). Monroe in general is building faster than the population base can warrant - every tiem I'm over there there's building popping up yet others sitting empty. Land is obviously much cheaper there than FFld and the town must be cutting deals to attract builders/investors
        Ole did not buy Revolution. They only got United Indoor Soccer, where Revolution used to do their indoor practices. Revolution new owner has nothing to do with Ole (thank God) and their are doing just fine
        Ole is trying to go premier, and are doing it behind Fairfield United back... Not are smart move...

Comment

Ole did not buy Revolution. They only got United Indoor Soccer, where Revolution used to do their indoor practices. Revolution new owner has nothing to do with Ole (thank God) and their are doing just fine
          Ole is trying to go premier, and are doing it behind Fairfield United back... Not are smart move...
          Heck no. Fairfield is their bread and butter

Comment

Heck no. Fairfield is their bread and butter
            Ole is positioned as a "soccer school" and not a club team. If you want your kid to get some supplemental training in the winter or summer, I think Ole offers a quality program. My daughter's team played an Ole girls team at the recent Westport Indoor tourney and Ole put on impressive showing. They know what they are doing......

Comment

Ole is positioned as a "soccer school" and not a club team. If you want your kid to get some supplemental training in the winter or summer, I think Ole offers a quality program. My daughter's team played an Ole girls team at the recent Westport Indoor tourney and Ole put on impressive showing. They know what they are doing......
              Just because they're one thing now doesn't mean they don't aspire to something else in the future. Trying to take a piece of their Fairfield coaching gig won't go over well with FUSA. But they could be building just to make a better space for the business they have. because what they have currently is pretty bad for anything beyond Ulittles.

Also, aggregating talent for a few weeks summer/winter does not mean they have good coaching. It's purely supplemental for those looking for it.

Comment

Just because they're one thing now doesn't mean they don't aspire to something else in the future. Trying to take a piece of their Fairfield coaching gig won't go over well with FUSA. But they could be building just to make a better space for the business they have. because what they have currently is pretty bad for anything beyond Ulittles.

Also, aggregating talent for a few weeks summer/winter does not mean they have good coaching. It's purely supplemental for those looking for it.
                The fact they can attract lots of players over the winter and summer seems to mean that they have a pretty good product. They field multiple teams at each age group and they play at a good/high level. Taking profits from the Ulittle programs and investing in facilities to serve older ages seems like good business sense to me. Smart.

Comment

The fact they can attract lots of players over the winter and summer seems to mean that they have a pretty good product. They field multiple teams at each age group and they play at a good/high level. Taking profits from the Ulittle programs and investing in facilities to serve older ages seems like good business sense to me. Smart.
                  The fact that there are very options for players looking for that winter/summer time frame, when their primary clubs don't have much going on, means Ole becomes a preference by default. Summer Select used to be big and now it's virtually gone. Ole has benefited greatly from its demise.

Comment

The fact that there are very options for players looking for that winter/summer time frame, when their primary clubs don't have much going on, means Ole becomes a preference by default. Summer Select used to be big and now it's virtually gone. Ole has benefited greatly from its demise.
                    What is Summer Select?

Comment

What is Summer Select?
                      More like what "was" Summer Select. Used to be a good summer training program run @ UB. Practice 2x/week and played in 2-3 summer tourneys. Coaching quality and then player talent tanked.

Comment

Seems to me that they identified an underserved market and are now meeting the market's needs. Smart.

Comment

Seems to me that they identified an underserved market and are now meeting the market's needs. Smart.
                          Signed - Ole Management

Comment

Sure Ole has a decent niche. But if they are trying to move into a very over-saturated premier market while risking their FUSA gig? That would be anything but smart.

Comment

Sure Ole has a decent niche. But if they are trying to move into a very over-saturated premier market while risking their FUSA gig? That would be anything but smart.
                              I highly doubt Ole is looking into premier. The business model they have now has great margins. Running premier teams has worse margins and much harder work and more headaches.

Comment

I highly doubt Ole is looking into premier. The business model they have now has great margins. Running premier teams has worse margins and much harder work and more headaches.
                                They'll need good margins if they're investing into their own space. I think they own that old revolution spot but rent the other Fairfield location. Both are fine for indoor/younger teams but they really need at least one full sized field. will Monroe be indoor or outdoor? Lots of opportunities to rent it out to other clubs and other sports also. Teams are always looking for fields

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X