X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What we know about Round 2 matchups

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What do 2nd round brackets look like so far? Who will big boys like OC, acys, wff, have?
    Clay County
    Round 1 Wildcard (should be a patsy if they can't even win their group in Round 1)
    Region B Group[ B Winner (probably JAYFC Armada)
    Real Miami

ACYS
    Region a Group C Winner (probably Team Boca)
    Brevard Soccer Alliance
    Round 1 Wildcard

OCYS
    Region A Group B (AC Delray)
    Palm Beach Gardens
    Round 1 Wildcard

WFF Brandon
    Region A Group A (Pinecrest, or Coral Gables if they beat Pinecrest)
    Rush
    Round 1 Wildcard

GPS West Black
    Round 1 Wildcard
    Region B Group A (probably S. Orlando)
    Lake Worth
    *This could be the easiest Round 2 group

Coral Estates
    Warner ASG
    Coral Springs United
    Region C Group C (Spirit or Rangers)
    *A close second for easiest group

Comment

Team Boca

What happened with Team Boca Boys U18 in State Cup Round 1. All of their scores have now been changed to 0-4 as a loss. Even the game that hasn't been played yet. Did they get caught cheating and had to forfeit???

Comment

Team Boca and the subsequent fallout

What happened with Team Boca Boys U18 in State Cup Round 1. All of their scores have now been changed to 0-4 as a loss. Even the game that hasn't been played yet. Did they get caught cheating and had to forfeit???
        That appears to be the case. I vaguely remember Team Boca getting in a bench and parent clearing brawl with the Twisters, maybe? There were some 6 game suspensions, perhaps a red card suspension for a Boca player was not served? We would like to hear the details of that case.

Here's what it means for round 1:
        Miami Lakes will win the group

Here's the impact on Round #2:
        Miami Lakes will play against ACYS, BSA and a Round 1 Wildcard team.

WILD CARDS
        Ok, took a look at probable outcomes and who the five wild card will go to.

Sure Things:
        Region A Group A should earn one. If CG beats Pinecrest, Pincrest will still have 6 points and a sure WC. If they draw, CG will have 5 points and ensure a WC. If Pinecrest wins I think CG will still get one of the 5 WC on points (4).

Region A Group B will get one. This group is tighter than my earlier, published analysis. Both Delray and Miramar should win, and then it will come to GD. Second place in the group will have 7 points and the #1 WildCard Spot and play against WFF Brandon, Rush and the winner of Region A group A.

With the Team Boca forfeits, Miami Lakes will win Region A Group C and Plantation will take second in the group and get a sure WC with 6 points.

The Chargers should win and get a sure WC with 6 points (if they lose, Bonita will get it).

The final WC will probably go to one of the Region C teams from group B or C. I think it will be group C because Spirit and the Rangers will both have 4 points with 1 win and 1 draw. The Group B teams with 4 points will have 1-1-1 records, same for Weston if they pull a win. I think this demonstrates the imbalance of 3 and 4 team groups. Or, if the Chargers and Bonita fight to a draw, they could BOTH be out of a wild card. So many variables!

Miami Strike Force could win and earn the 5th WC with 6 points, as could Wellington (not likely).

In the end, if you need a WC to advance the chance of making it to the final 4 are slim, historically. Just filling in the groups for Round 2.

Please post the story on Team Boca, gotta be a doozy!

Comment

Celtic VS WHYSA

Anyone know the Celtic vs WHYSA score from the 1st round? The team managers have taken forever to enter the score.

Comment

Wildcards will go to the 2nd place from groups w 4 teams; in 3 team groups, only winner advances

Comment

Wild Cards

Wildcards will go to the 2nd place from groups w 4 teams; in 3 team groups, only winner advances
              You are incorrect, sir. From the FYSA State Cup Rules:

Round 1 may include Wild Card advancers allocated to each Region. The number of Wild Card advancers will be made public prior to the State Cup Roster Freeze. In the case that a Wild Card is to be chosen from groups that have played a different amount of games, the Wild Card Standings will be determined as follows:
              1) First: Game Points divided by the number of Games Played
              2) Tiebreaker Procedures reverting back to State Cup Rule V.1.B and V.1.C with values divided by the number of Games Played
              Thus, a team with 1 win & 1 draw in a 3 team group will have 4 points/2 games=2 points toward a Wild Card.

A team 1-1-1 in a 4 team group would have 4 points divided by THREE games, or 1.3333333333~ points toward a Wild Card.

Comment

Quick Wild Card Update

I went back and looked at the tie-breakers for the Wild Card and possible outcomes, and I found one other point:

If Coral Gables LOSES to Pinecrest, they would be out of State Cup. The Toros would have 4 points/3 games = 1.33

In Region B Group A Indian River has 3 points/2 games = 1.5.

So, Coral Gables need a win or a draw to advance, Indian River needs CG to lose to advance.

Comment

2017 FYSA State Cup Round 1 Final Results

Ok, class....school is in session. Quiet down and take your seats. Today's lesson is on the importance of EVERY goal in group play stage.

When I posted the results of Round 1 Day two, I wrote this:

Originally posted by I put my name on it View Post
                  The good news for Spirit is that they won the game. The bad news is, they gave up a goal to a weak team. In a 3 team group where the top two teams tied yesterday, that single goal against could be the difference in the group. All the Tampa Rangers need to do is win 4-0 and they will win the group on the FIFTH tie breaker.
                  Spirit gave up a garbage goal to WC on the way to a 7-1 romping. Today, the rangers shut out WC on the way to a 7-0 thumping and won the group. With Wellington winning today and forcing a 3-way, 6 point tie in their group, Spirit gets the final Wild Card.

The moral of the story? EVERY GOAL COUNTS IN GROUP PLAY!

Here are the rest of the results:

Region A Group A
                  Weston vs. Miami Beach Both teams are out of the tournament, not even a chance at a wildcard. Coin toss, but pick Miami Beach. CORRECT

Pinecrest vs. Coral Gables Pinecrest needs a win or draw to win the group, CG MUST win and that may make them take chances. Could be a good game, but I think Pinecrest will win. CORRECT And with that, Coral Gables is OUT.

Region A Group B
                  AC Delray vs. Twisters Twisters are toast, AC Delray will win to clinch. CORRECT

Miramar United Black vs. Miami Strike Force Miramar is in the running for a wild card and have a lot on the line, go with Miramar. CORRECT

Region A Group C
                  Wellington vs. Miami Lakes U Miami Lakes needs this win for a wildcard shot Miami Lakes. INCORRECT Not only was I wrong, the win by Wellington wins the group, but Miami Lakes and Plantation get WC with 6 points. Can everyone in this group say thank you to Team Boca for being knuckleheads?

Team Boca vs. Plantation Plantation by forfeit.

Region B Group A
                  S Orlando vs. Beachside Indialantic This could be a tight one. IF Indialantic can pull off a win, we would have a 3 way tie. IF they beat S. Orlando 2-1 we would have a 3-way tie through all tie breakers resulting in a PK contest between them. I think S. Orlando will win but I am rooting for chaos! CORRECT S. Orlando wins and advances, Chaos and Indialantic lose and go home.

Region B Group B
                  ACYS Elite II vs. JAYFC Armada crushed FKK and ACYS (on fresh legs) could only draw FKK (who played on tired legs). I go with Armada for the win. CORRECT Not a decisive win, but a win nonetheless.

Region C Group A
                  Plant City vs. IMG Blue Correct game this weekend, same predicted outcome, IMG Blue CORRECT

Bonita Springs vs. Clearwater Winner of this game probably gets a wildcard, probably Clearwater. CORRECT The Chargers get a Wild Card.

Region C Group B
                  WHYSA Kicks vs. St. Pete Raiders Kicks should win, but no wildcard and their tournament is done. INCORRECT

Celtic vs. WFF WFF has clinched, should rest their best players to avoid injury, but WFF should still win.

Region C Group C
                  Rangers vs. Wesley Chapel As I stated on the last results post, Spirit opened the door for the Rangers to win outright. There is no doubt the Rangers will win, but the goal differential is the real story here.:
                  Rangers win but give up 2 goals -> Spirit wins group
                  Rangers shut out WC but only score 3 goals or less-> Spirit wins group
                  Rangers win 4-1 -> tied group, go to PKs
                  Rangers shut out WC and score 4 or more -> Rangers win group

Winner of the group goes on, loser is done. CORRECT but INCORRECT, as Spirit gets a Wild Card.
                  +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                  With the hindsight of 2 days of games, my success rate skyrockets. Assuming WFF beats Celtic tomorrow, I will be 10-2 for the weekend and my overall record increases to 21-8-4.

Here is where the rubber meets the road, those advancing to Round 2:

GROUP WINNERS
                  Pinecrest
                  AC Delray
                  Wellington
                  South Orlando
                  Armada
                  IMG Academy Blue
                  WFF Pinellas
                  Tampa Rangers

Wild Cards
                  Mirarmar United Black (7 points) Plays WFF Brandon, Pinecrest & Florida Rush.

Miami Lakes (6 points/+ 4 GD) Play against OCYS, PBG & AC Delray.

Plantation & Chargers (6 points/+3 GD, both with 8GF /5 GA) Not sure how they break this tie, #3 plays Group C (ACYS, Brevard Soccer Alliance & Wellington) and #4 plays in Group B (Lake Worth, GPS West Black and S. Orlando)

Florida Spirit (4 points in a 3 team group) Playing in Bracket A vs. Clay, Real Miami, Armada

I will be back with Round 2 Predictions prior to opening weekend of Round 2!
                  Last edited by I put my name on it; 03-26-2017, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by I put my name on it View Post
                    Ok, class....school is in session. Quiet down and take your seats. Today's lesson is on the importance of EVERY goal in group play stage.

When I posted the results of Round 1 Day two, I wrote this:

Spirit gave up a garbage goal to WC on the way to a 7-1 romping. Today, the rangers shut out WC on the way to a 7-0 thumping and won the group. With Wellington winning today and forcing a 3-way, 6 point tie in their group, Spirit gets the final Wild Card.

The moral of the story? EVERY GOAL COUNTS IN GROUP PLAY!

Here are the rest of the results:

Region A Group A
                    Weston vs. Miami Beach Both teams are out of the tournament, not even a chance at a wildcard. Coin toss, but pick Miami Beach. CORRECT

Pinecrest vs. Coral Gables Pinecrest needs a win or draw to win the group, CG MUST win and that may make them take chances. Could be a good game, but I think Pinecrest will win. CORRECT And with that, Coral Gables is OUT.

Region A Group B
                    AC Delray vs. Twisters Twisters are toast, AC Delray will win to clinch. CORRECT

Miramar United Black vs. Miami Strike Force Miramar is in the running for a wild card and have a lot on the line, go with Miramar. CORRECT

Region A Group C
                    Wellington vs. Miami Lakes U Miami Lakes needs this win for a wildcard shot Miami Lakes. INCORRECT Not only was I wrong, the win by Wellington wins the group, but Miami Lakes and Plantation get WC with 6 points. Can everyone in this group say thank you to Team Boca for being knuckleheads?

Team Boca vs. Plantation Plantation by forfeit.

Region B Group A
                    S Orlando vs. Beachside Indialantic This could be a tight one. IF Indialantic can pull off a win, we would have a 3 way tie. IF they beat S. Orlando 2-1 we would have a 3-way tie through all tie breakers resulting in a PK contest between them. I think S. Orlando will win but I am rooting for chaos! CORRECT S. Orlando wins and advances, Chaos and Indialantic lose and go home.

Region B Group B
                    ACYS Elite II vs. JAYFC Armada crushed FKK and ACYS (on fresh legs) could only draw FKK (who played on tired legs). I go with Armada for the win. CORRECT Not a decisive win, but a win nonetheless.

Region C Group A
                    Plant City vs. IMG Blue Correct game this weekend, same predicted outcome, IMG Blue CORRECT

Bonita Springs vs. Clearwater Winner of this game probably gets a wildcard, probably Clearwater. CORRECT The Chargers get a Wild Card.

Region C Group B
                    WHYSA Kicks vs. St. Pete Raiders Kicks should win, but no wildcard and their tournament is done. INCORRECT

Celtic vs. WFF WFF has clinched, should rest their best players to avoid injury, but WFF should still win.

Region C Group C
                    Rangers vs. Wesley Chapel As I stated on the last results post, Spirit opened the door for the Rangers to win outright. There is no doubt the Rangers will win, but the goal differential is the real story here.:
                    Rangers win but give up 2 goals -> Spirit wins group
                    Rangers shut out WC but only score 3 goals or less-> Spirit wins group
                    Rangers win 4-1 -> tied group, go to PKs
                    Rangers shut out WC and score 4 or more -> Rangers win group

Winner of the group goes on, loser is done. CORRECT but INCORRECT, as Spirit gets a Wild Card.
                    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                    With the hindsight of 2 days of games, my success rate skyrockets. Assuming WFF beats Celtic tomorrow, I will be 10-2 for the weekend and my overall record increases to 21-8-4.

Here is where the rubber meets the road, those advancing to Round 2:

GROUP WINNERS
                    Pinecrest
                    AC Delray
                    Wellington
                    South Orlando
                    Armada
                    IMG Academy Blue
                    WFF Pinellas
                    Tampa Rangers

Wild Cards
                    Mirarmar United Red (7 points) Plays WFF Brandon, Pinecrest & Florida Rush.

Miami Lakes (6 points/+ 4 GD) Play against OCYS, PBG & AC Delray.

Plantation & Chargers (6 points/+3 GD, both with 8GF /5 GA) Not sure how they break this tie, #3 plays Group C (ACYS, Brevard Soccer Alliance & Wellington) and #4 plays in Group B (Lake Worth, GPS West Black and S. Orlando)

Florida Spirit (4 points in a 3 team group) Playing in Bracket A vs. Clay, Real Miami, Armada

I will be back with Round 2 Predictions prior to opening weekend of Round 2!
                    Group of death-Miramar,wff,Rush,pinecrest

Comment

☝️ This guy is awesome!

Comment

WFF and Rush will easily advance.

Comment

☝️ This guy is awesome!
                          I agree, I don't even go to the FYSA website. I wait for his updates!!😁

Comment

WFF and Rush will easily advance.
                            No way. Check miramer lately?

Comment

No way. Check miramer lately?
                              Their only ranked so high because they enter a bunch of tournaments. They don't even play in a league

Comment

Their only ranked so high because they enter a bunch of tournaments. They don't even play in a league
                                Doesn't matter. Fc Florida doesn't play in a league and is great team. Look out!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X