Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So over four years it would be $48,000? That's not bad.

I have a question though. I like to have nice meals with cocktails. Does the $48,000 cover that for all four years or should I budget more on top?

I will take my answer on the air.
    You are correct. Thorns Academy will cost just under $50,000 for four years.
    That does include nice meals with cocktails - for the Timbers youth staff.

Comment

These costs are blown way out of proportion. I know travel is expensive, but I highly doubt you can get to $10,000 a year at $600 a trip.

Even if you travelled 8 times the cost would be about $5000 plus 2000 for club fees.

Comment

These costs are blown way out of proportion. I know travel is expensive, but I highly doubt you can get to $10,000 a year at $600 a trip.

Even if you travelled 8 times the cost would be about $5000 plus 2000 for club fees.
        $600 is low if you have to fly.

Comment

ECNL =$700/month for a family

Comment

Anything under $1,000 per month is not bad. That is less than $35 per day.

Cut out the meals out. Skip fancy coffee drinks. Turn down the thermostat. Carpool to work.

Comment

Cut out the meals out. Skip fancy coffee drinks. Turn down the thermostat. Carpool to work.
              Right....consider your kid if they are lucky with overblown rosters is paying around 27$ per minute of play.

Also consider they are traveling to play equally as terrible teams with dillusions that with their Ecnl patch they are the best when in all reality they are not even beat in state.

Or they play teams and get blown out (see the scores) and your kid is paying around 5-7$ a touch on the ball.

All for something you can get if you just actually develop and are a good player.

Ecnl is nearly a scam in Oregon and the idiots spouting lies are ruining the small chance it did have.

The teams are terrible and the development turnover is worse then ever.

Comment

You are correct. Thorns Academy will cost just under $50,000 for four years.
                That does include nice meals with cocktails - for the Timbers youth staff.
                Thorns academy is a joke but Ecnl in Oregon is a scam.

Comment

ECNL =$700/month for a family
                  So about half the cost of Thorns Academy then?

Comment

Right....consider your kid if they are lucky with overblown rosters is paying around 27$ per minute of play.

Also consider they are traveling to play equally as terrible teams with dillusions that with their Ecnl patch they are the best when in all reality they are not even beat in state.

Or they play teams and get blown out (see the scores) and your kid is paying around 5-7$ a touch on the ball.

All for something you can get if you just actually develop and are a good player.

Ecnl is nearly a scam in Oregon and the idiots spouting lies are ruining the small chance it did have.

The teams are terrible and the development turnover is worse then ever.
                    I think you're confused. Everything you said is 100% true of Thorns Academy, not ECNL.

Comment

I think you're confused. Everything you said is 100% true of Thorns Academy, not ECNL.
                      Why do you care about other people's choices? Play Tjorns, play ECNL, play local club. Wear Adidas, wear Nike, it doesn't matter which.

Comment

Why do you care about other people's choices? Play Tjorns, play ECNL, play local club. Wear Adidas, wear Nike, it doesn't matter which.

Its true it doesnt matter..we suck.

Why would anyone pay thousands to suck?.

Thats messed up

Comment

Its true it doesnt matter..we suck.

Why would anyone pay thousands to suck?.

Thats messed up
                          You have serious issues dude. You do realize you are talking about a bunch of little...girls.

Nothing more messed up than that. You are sick.

Comment

Where did you get $1000 per month? It's less than that.

But the point is good. Make adjustments. Cut back a little and you can make it work.

Comment

ecnl-$8,000 to $10,000 per year

Really ?

Comment

Really ?
                                you revived a nearly year old thread - really?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X