Is Yankee United the slimest club in connectciut

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this is the same player I think you are talking about KARMA is a bitch. Mean people get what they deserve. This is a lesson in youth sports. The players that are better at U12/13 rarely have what it takes at U17/18. I heard her parents talking about UNC. Stanford and UCLA when she was younger.

Comment

The comments on this board are amazing. It's the Northeast's biggest compilation of haters and wannabes.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        The comments on this board are amazing. It's the Northeast's biggest compilation of haters and wannabes.
        Nah - MA board is worse

Comment

If this is the same player I think you are talking about KARMA is a bitch. Mean people get what they deserve. This is a lesson in youth sports. The players that are better at U12/13 rarely have what it takes at U17/18. I heard her parents talking about UNC. Stanford and UCLA when she was younger.

Did this player get a spot at CT college?

Comment

Nah - MA board is worse
            I find the MA board to be the same two DBags battling it out with Super long posts. They have weekly lists on the Mass board which I found pretty funny. Some of the threads here have turned into 5th grade naming calling. I'm fine with a quality "your mother"'joke but it gets old!

Comment

you made a statement (long proven)-- and now you can't prove it???? thats weak but typical of blowhards
              Do a search and some reading on here, you lazy git.

Comment

Do a search and some reading on here, you lazy git.
                Still cant prove your point, i see. No surprise
                Like the british flair, guess you think youre bilingual now

Comment

is Yankee no longer relevant? The largest thread in CT TS history, but no posts in over 4 weeks. I'm thinking Yankee simply doesn't matter anymore?

Comment

is Yankee no longer relevant? The largest thread in CT TS history, but no posts in over 4 weeks. I'm thinking Yankee simply doesn't matter anymore?
                    Pretty much. Most of their teams aren't very great, they don't have a good placement record, they often lose their better players to ECNL or down the road possibly to GDA, NPL will be a distant #3 league. They'll continue to be fine as a club but their importance to the CT soccer scene is unlikely to ever recover

Comment

Pretty much. Most of their teams aren't very great, they don't have a good placement record, they often lose their better players to ECNL or down the road possibly to GDA, NPL will be a distant #3 league. They'll continue to be fine as a club but their importance to the CT soccer scene is unlikely to ever recover
                      They've lost the race. 99% of the great players will go ECNL or GDA. 99% of the good players will go CFC/FSA NPL. Yankee is left with the occasional great/good player willing to buck the trend and then leftovers. This is just the way the soccer landscape has shifted in CT. I think it's unfortunate b/c options are great for consumers. But it is what it is.

Comment

Season is just starting so nothing to really talk about
                        Do you want practice plans or just club bs
                        The fsa/ow incest is way more entertaining

Comment

They've lost the race. 99% of the great players will go ECNL or GDA. 99% of the good players will go CFC/FSA NPL. Yankee is left with the occasional great/good player willing to buck the trend and then leftovers. This is just the way the soccer landscape has shifted in CT. I think it's unfortunate b/c options are great for consumers. But it is what it is.
                          The rich keep getting richer in the CT soccer wars.

OW now has DA and GDA, and has their own home. FSA has boys and girls in the ECNL and their own home. CFC has boys and girls in the ECNL and their own home (under construction). These 3 clubs (the "Big 3") are getting stronger and stronger each year.

BS is seeing the train pull away, and now they too have designs for their own home underway. They realize they need a true home base for their DA program, and without one their dream of securing GDA will never be realized. Without GDA and no shot at an ECNL badge, they will continue to be categorized as a "boys club" or "half of a club".

This landscaped leaves everyone else scrambling for scraps that have fallen from the table of the Big 3 (OW, FSA, CFC) and a half (BS). And fighting for scraps in the CT soccer market is a very tenuous existence.

Comment

OW now has DA and GDA, and has their own home. FSA has boys and girls in the ECNL and their own home. CFC has boys and girls in the ECNL and their own home (under construction). These 3 clubs (the "Big 3") are getting stronger and stronger each year.

BS is seeing the train pull away, and now they too have designs for their own home underway. They realize they need a true home base for their DA program, and without one their dream of securing GDA will never be realized. Without GDA and no shot at an ECNL badge, they will continue to be categorized as a "boys club" or "half of a club".

This landscaped leaves everyone else scrambling for scraps that have fallen from the table of the Big 3 (OW, FSA, CFC) and a half (BS). And fighting for scraps in the CT soccer market is a very tenuous existence.

Your assumption is that the rest of the clubs seek the same things as OW, FSA and CFC. Maybe there are one or two that have such a vision, but I suspect most of the other independent and regional clubs have a different set of goals they are trying to reach.

Comment

This is state is way too small for "Big 3". Two clubs with CFC and FSA (with OW acquired by FSA) would make the most sense for youth soccer in this state. Pop-premiers can then serve their purpose to gaps.

Comment

There are 11 families per age group that are happy in the CFC universe. Not everyone wants to follow that path.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X