Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    CFC parents and players are being notified in the coming weeks that operations will cease at the end of this upcoming spring.
    I heard they're merging with a kickball league.

Comment

I heard they're merging with a kickball league.
      F$A got the kickball market all sewn up.

Comment

Academica struggles. They struggled when they were in Cheshire and they struggle more now. I would say they would be a great candidate of a club folding. I would rank the clubs most likely to fold in this order:

1. Celtic
        2. SUFC
        3. Academica
        4. Revolution
        5. Foundation
        6. Simmons
        This sounds just about right Celtic next in line to fold

Comment

Revolution shouldn't be in that list - they're doing just fine

Comment

CFC parents and players are being notified in the coming weeks that operations will cease at the end of this upcoming spring.
            Sporting coaches are notorious for telling parents these type of rumors.

Comment

Sporting coaches are notorious for telling parents these type of rumors.
              I think someone is trolling....

Comment

I think someone is trolling....
                90% or TS responses are trolling. That being said, some of it is true.

Comment

90% or TS responses are trolling. That being said, some of it is true.
                  Would that be the other 10%, LOL

Comment

Would that be the other 10%, LOL
                    Ha, you would think but unfortunately there are a lot of nonsense trolls that are just clueless.

Comment

I would agree. The program keeps getting smaller and smaller.

Comment

I would agree. The program keeps getting smaller and smaller.
                        Except apparently they've spun off and created a second branch. Or maybe the co-owners gave up on their embarrassing court action and decided to split into two clubs. Whatever, the whole Celtic thing, all of them, are vile and just not good for the kids or soccer. Stay away from all of these bozos.

Comment

I'ld give DFA 1 more season then goodbye.

It's actually good these pop up premiers are dying out. Better for travel. Better for FSA C teams. Better for CFC branches.

I think the bloom is off the soccer rose on the girls side. More kids are turning to lax and crew as more viable paths to college $. Soccer is a fools bet if your doing it for anything other than fun for 96% of the players out there.

Comment

Honestly thinks it's nuts if anyone has their kids playing hoping for college $. Have a close relative who got a full college scholarship but it's few and far between. Play for the love of the game. Pay for school.

Comment

The great thing about a free market is it weeds out the weak that won' survive. Clubs that are poorly managed, hire bad coaches, can't compete against other clubs....they don't survive long term. Unfortunately kids get caught up in club collapse and parents end up very frustrated in the process.

Comment

I'ld give DFA 1 more season then goodbye.

It's actually good these pop up premiers are dying out. Better for travel. Better for FSA C teams. Better for CFC branches.

I think the bloom is off the soccer rose on the girls side. More kids are turning to lax and crew as more viable paths to college $. Soccer is a fools bet if your doing it for anything other than fun for 96% of the players out there.
                                No one should be doing ANY sport for the hopes of scholarship. It always should be for the love of the game. But yeah lots of families see sports as a way to pay for school or as a way to get into a better school. I know the money is there for some. More often than not the kids aren't good enough to get substantial dollars. Good students can often get more academic $ than athletic. And to keep playing in college you need to be dedicated to the sport and put in the hard work. The drop out/cut rate in college sports is very high

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X