•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Great post.
    "Toss The List like a salad"
    Intentional humor for those that get it? funny.
    Unintentional because you didn't know? even funnier!
    Umm, gross and vastly inappropriate for a U13 thread.

Comment

Umm, gross and vastly inappropriate for a U13 thread.
      Read by Adults. hehehe

Comment

It was completely unintentional on my part, but as soon as you pointed it out, I knew exactly of what you speak. Makes me question what you do in your free time though!!! LOL!

-04 List Guy
        Free Time is all I got, so I read TS.
        Unless my cellie got syrup - then he Tossin'

Comment

The 04 List Guy would like to apologize for not getting a weekend preview up this week. I think my brain has yet to adjust fully to the new season and have not found my rhythm yet... plus the job got nutty this week, so it just didn't happen. Doesn't help that the 03 List guy is killing it and deepening my shame.

I vow to bounce back this week. List released by Tuesday, and weekend preview by Friday. Bet on it!

Comment

The 04 List (Week Ending 3/26/17)

1. FC Stars Pre-ECNL
            2a. NEFC/Breakers NPL
            2b. SSS AP
            4a. GPS NPL
            4b. FC Boston Pre-ECNL
            6. FCUSA (probational period)

Logic and Notes:

Well this is a pretty anti-climactic 04 List this week. We only had 2 List teams in action (I think, please tell me if there were some hidden tournament games I did not know about - remember scrimmages don't move the List). Anyway, this week we had no List movement at all.

Stars Pre-ECNL beat CFC 1-0 on Saturday. Not a decisive win over what should be easy competition, but still a win, and easily keeps them as top dog this week. Nothing more to see or say here.

GPS NPL on the other hand, started strong in the top U13 division of the Seacoast "ClusterFudge" Invitational, but quickly lost it's List mojo in the finals. As an aside ...with massive snow, cold temps and waaaaayyyyy too many last minute scheduling/location changes, the Seacoast tournament was definitely the big LOOOOOSER of the pre-season tournament circuit. Whiners ...go ahead and start your engines! Hey, but at least their 04 Seacoast team came out looking like the SC Gamecocks in the top U14 division ... taking down some of those ranked 03 teams! (uh, I'm hesitant to say Gamecocks now... our resident perv guy might be lurking while tossing some fresh romaine. I swear man, Gamecocks are not my bag, baby!)

But I digress ...Its really too bad for GPS NPL, that they didn't also play in U14 division too, or at least have had Seacoast 04's in their U13 bracket instead. I think it wouldn't look nearly as bad to have lost to them, or some of the 03 teams in bracket play, than it did to their GPS regional NH team in the finals the U13 division. I mean losing to a lower regional team happens at times (just ask NEFC), but when you are one of only two teams in action during the weekend, with primo chance to pull ahead out of the quagmire that is the middle of the 04 List, you gotta capitalize on that chance. Go big or go home babe!!!! Well instead, GPS not only revisited its beloved beige wardrobe of last fall, they are picking out matching scarves.

So nope, no results moved the list this week. We are standing pat until after all teams are in action this weekend! Woohoo! I don't remember when THAT has happened last, but we'll take a deeper dive (calm down pervy guy) into those game with our weekend preview on Friday!

Until then ... stay clean and innocent... and results (usually, but not this week) moves the List!

Comment

I have not checked this out, and I could be wrong, but I think that we have never had a weekend where all the 04 List teams have played. Could actually be the first time, which is cool.

Comment

GU13 Weekend Preview (4/1-4/2) – The April Fools Edition

04 List Guy here with our very first comprehensive Weekend Preview of the spring. Wait, spring? Did I say Spring? With snow in the forecast tonight and tomorrow, I just can’t bring myself to call it that. Actually, I think we need to create an entirely new season here in New England that spans from about mid-March until mid to late April, and maybe call it “WING”. Get it? Winter and Spring mixed together. Or maybe Sprinter … or Suck it …or GTFO. I have lots of ideas.

Anyway, quite the April Fools joke from Mother Nature. I hope we are able to get all the local games played, as for the first time ever it seems, we have ALL of our current 04 List teams in action! It would be a shame to have weather or field conditions ruin that for us. And yes, of course its April Fools Day weekend … what hi-jinks could be in store???? Consider me Jim Halpert to your Dwight Shrute, and be wary of what pranks might befall you… Let’s get to it!

"GAME OF THE WEEK"

FC Stars Pre-ECNL vs World Class (Sunday at 8:30am at Orangetown Soccer Complex)
                Both times FC Stars have played World Class this season, they have lost 1-3. Two games, two losses by the same score. Stars doesn’t lose many games, but the girls from New York seem to have the their number. Is it their size difference and just a bad match-up, or is WC just in their heads now? NEFC NPL tied WC on their way to their big Bethesda tournament championship in the fall, but for both the Northeast NPL teams, the W in World Class stands for WINNING. Can Stars finally banish their demons with a big win against their white whale on Sunday morning in what is definitely the most intriguing match-up of this very full weekend??? We all await the GOTW to find out. SUGGESTED PRANK: Although Stars would probably like to set the clocks all the way back to last Labor Day weekend to start this whole year over with World Class, adjusting them back an hour Saturday night to ensure WC is an hour late for the game, might just be the advantage FC Stars need to finally beat them.

"THE UNDERCARDS" – (in order of occurrence)

FC Boston Pre-ECNL vs World Class (Saturday at 8:30am at Orangetown Soccer Complex)
                FC Boston has also not beaten World Class in their one time meeting. This first match for FCB could go a long way to lifting them out of the Northeast NPL pack and give the some confidence for their State Cup run. They could also put some pressure on Stars to win their match the next day, if FCB can pull one out on Saturday first. That all being said, WC has the edge in the match-up, and will take this one. My guess is a close match that WC pulls out in the waning minutes. Think that nasty wench Lucy pulling the football from Charlie Brown. SUGGESTED PRANK: Saran Wrap trick over their own goal to help “seal” the win for FCB.

FC Stars Pre-ECNL vs PDA Pre-ECNL (Saturday at 10:00am at PDA North)
                Stars get their warm up game against PDA on Saturday. The classic trap game if they are not careful here. They could take PDA too easily based on their 3-0 in the fall, while gearing up for Sunday, and find themselves in a dog fight to get the win on Saturday. PDA is a bit of a wildcard of late. They are simmering one spot beneath FC Boston in the middle of the Northeast NPL, but also just gave East Meadow their very first loss of the year last week! Have they retooled for Spring? New players, new attitude perhaps? Who knows, but FC Stars will be smart to keep their eyes wide open on Saturday, lest the slip on the old banana peel! SUGGESTED PRANK: The best way for Stars to remind themselves to keep their eyes on this game, is to have coaches put those googly eyes on everything in their hotel rooms, and soccer gear.

NEFC NPL vs Bayside NPL (Sunday at 8am at Marlboro Forekicks)
                NEFC kicks off their spring like they kicked off their fall… against one of the weaker New England NPL teams in playing Bayside. Probably not the warm-up test they want going into the top bracket of the PDA tournament next weekend, but is likely to give them some confidence going into their league play. I predict an easy win for NEFC, with the added bonus of not having to travel to Bayside “penitentiary” this time. SUGGESTED PRANK: Bring some of those Chinese Finger Traps for the spectators… might keep those Bayside parents occupied awhile so they won’t be screaming the whole game.

FC Boston Pre ECNL vs PDA Pre-ECNL (Sunday at 8:30am at Westhampton Sports Complex)
                FCB swaps with Stars per the usual, and gets PDA on Sunday. This match is a total toss up in my mind. I think they are pretty evenly matched (FCB won 1-0 in the meeting last October), but with depending on what happened with PDA in the off-season, and what happens with both teams on Saturday, this game could be a tie, or blow-out either way and I wouldn’t be surprised. SUGGESTED PRANK: With two away 8am games, I think the old Airhorn trick under everyone’s beds to wake them up is probably their best bet.

FCUSA Coastal vs GPS NH Elite Navy (Sunday at 10:30am at Sacred Heart HS)
                Our newcomer provisional List Team actually kicks off their debut with an intriguing match-up. Being that FCUSA is the sole NEP team on our List, tournaments, state-cup, and like-opponent games will be uber-important for moving this team up and down the list. They just so happen to draw the GPS regional team that beat GPS NPL last weekend. If they win this game, especially after knocking off NEFC NPL two weeks ago, this rookie List member could get some upward trajectory for sure! SUGGESTED PRANK: A little Mentos in the Gatorde to cause that fun explosion. Symbolic of their explosion onto the List. (Ok, I realize this one was a stretch).

GPS NPL vs Aztec (Sunday at 12:15pm at Bishop Fenwick)
                GPS NPL coming off a disappointing weekend should hopefully put away our former List friends Aztec in what might be a snoozer of a game. GPS needs to come out strong and win big, or questions will loom about their State Cup viability. Aztec, upset that upstart FCUSA has taken their relegated spot, might fight hard to turn around their season. I mean they did give SSS a tight game to finish the fall, so maybe they can regain some momentum? SUGGESTED PRANK: I really can’t get too excited for this match-up seems like a boring match-up to me, so a little fake doody on the field should brighten this game right up! Who doesn’t like the old fake doody prank!

SSS AP vs Oakwood (Sunday at 1:45p at Archbishop Williams)
                SSS AP hosts one of our friends from CT this Sunday, and I expect a good game here. Oakwood can be a tough team. They lost SSS last fall by, but then turned around and beat eventual fall champions Seacoast by two goals. Now as with anything SSS AP and Seacoast NPL, it all depends if their NT players are playing that day, and this game is no different. I notice that the SSS 03 game is immediately following this match-up, so could we be in for another “double-header” from our SSS phenom? Oakwood hopes not. SUGGESTED PRANK: Perhaps SSS puts a little Itching Powder in the referee’s shorts … you know just enough to distract them when they are looking at the game day rosters.

All jokes and pranks (and crappy “Wing” weather) aside, I am pretty damn excited for this weekend (if you couldn’t tell by this painfully long preview). But is it just me or did it seem like an extra long winter? So happy to finally be getting to games where it counts, and the race for State Cup is officially underway.

Final note: As always, game scores and reports are very welcome, and not only help your humble 04 List guy, but it helps to spur the conversation between weekend!

Game results ...and your stapler in jello ... moves the List!

Comment

Great preview List guy. How can Aztec get back on the List? Who do they have to beat?

Comment

Great preview List guy. How can Aztec get back on the List? Who do they have to beat?
                    Everyone

Comment

Any results from Stars and FCB games this morning?

Comment

Any results from Stars and FCB games this morning?
                        They just at posted Fcb vs World Class score. It's not pretty. Fcb lost 5-0.

Comment

They just at posted Fcb vs World Class score. It's not pretty. Fcb lost 5-0.
                          FCB must have been missing key players with the regional national training center for girls this weekend.

Comment

FCB must have been missing key players with the regional national training center for girls this weekend.

They can't be missing THAT many!

Comment

I didn't see any there-but no club gear.

Comment

Stars tied PDA 1-1. Lots of unexpected results in the Northeast NPL today looking at the results. East Meadow got blown out too.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X