Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Have you seen AS coach? Whoa - seriously crazy guy. I wouldn't pay him either
    AS just took a spot with DFA coaching HS girls - I'll second that he is a seriously crazy guy - lots of yelling contradictory advice during games, overly emotional. I wouldn't pay him to coach either

Comment

I think AFC is a good option in the ages they have teams. I would avoid CT Rush. I don't have any connection with Rush but have just heard too much negativity from friends of mine not to believe the 'where there's smoke, there's fire' adage. I've been impressed with CFC Wolves the times I've seen them. South Central has little to offer at older ages as most stronger players leave around U13-U14. Southeast FC is a good option if you live east of New Haven. There are a lot of bad clubs in CT. Good luck.
      I would suggest it is next to impossible to get on a Wolves roster at that age. CFC Sportsworld is the alternative branch nearby.

Comment

I would suggest it is next to impossible to get on a Wolves roster at that age. CFC Sportsworld is the alternative branch nearby.
        Wolves rosters are pretty much closed after U12. They get a lot of FSA and OW players who are sick of FSA and OW policies and prices. So, the teams are just not open for kids from other premier or town outfits.

Comment

It's not even OW/FSA kids who get a look at Wolves. I know four fed-up OW players who were looking to move to Wolves at U14, players who now all have college commits and who have been all-state h.s. players. Wolves shut down their tryouts, cancelled their tryouts, to keep those kids from trying out, to hold onto the players they already had. That's how Wolves roll.

Comment

It's not even OW/FSA kids who get a look at Wolves. I know four fed-up OW players who were looking to move to Wolves at U14, players who now all have college commits and who have been all-state h.s. players. Wolves shut down their tryouts, cancelled their tryouts, to keep those kids from trying out, to hold onto the players they already had. That's how Wolves roll.
            U14 players that are all college commited and All state .... before they even get to HS? Yeah, right. And the Wolves didn't want them. Go fish! And furthermore, the Wolves prices are as high as anyone else in Greater Hartford ..... they are not cheap!

Comment

U14 players that are all college commited and All state .... before they even get to HS? Yeah, right. And the Wolves didn't want them. Go fish! And furthermore, the Wolves prices are as high as anyone else in Greater Hartford ..... they are not cheap!
              "...players who now all have college commits..."

Who now have.

Read much?

Comment

"...players who now all have college commits..."

Who now have.

Read much?
                Write mucher?

Comment

Write mucher?
                  The muchest.

Comment

Write mucher?
                    I think you meant "muncher". For the FSA moms.

Comment

Season just started but any word on who coaches will be for next year's Ecnl and npl club teams?

Comment

Still early but tryouts for some clubs right around corner. Next year's coaches for teams should be posted on websites fairly soon.

Comment

Still early but tryouts for some clubs right around corner. Next year's coaches for teams should be posted on websites fairly soon.
                          Or not

Comment

Sure. Then they get changed 10 times before the fall.

Comment

I'm quite glad CFC has been loyal to their players on ECNL and NPL during tryout season. It's nice to see a club looking out for the players for a change.

Comment

CFC Real (out of Danbury--Immaculate HS) has been rostering one or 2 high school aged teams these past few yrs, I think. Yes, they are indoors in N. Milford for late winter practices, but their home field outdoors is usually Immaculate.

CFC branches come and go, but this one looks pretty solid/stable for now.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X